ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

11 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

This guy's haul, is it even possible? There are so many parts here I would never imagine being sold in PAB, especially if they're in the new color. 

I've seen the white ice cream scoop part in PAB last december in the lego shop in Lille France but the rest were pretty basic parts back then. Its not impossible but this must be an excepional nice score, maybe they were just rearranging PAB that day so there was temporarily twice as much choise ... :look:

Trans clear windows, flags and fences i havent found yet but i've heard about that happening before. Baguette is a first and strikes me most. 

19 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

If it really is current PAB stock in Orlando, why is it not like that anywhere else?

There are two possibilities.  First, the Orlando store is essentially the Disney World Store.  It's located in Downtown Disney, and it has the largest PAB wall I have ever seen.  It's easily 5 to 6 times larger than any other store I have seen.  It goes to reason that maybe they just have more selection there.  The second possibility is that they are not pieces for the PAB wall.  I have been to stores, mostly in Europe, that will break up damaged sets and put the pieces in a box near the PAB wall and make available for cup filling (Vienna store, in particular).  Maybe some of those pieces came from a bin like that.

I was just to the Cleveland, OH store and I can confirm that they had the 1x2 masonry brick and the white ice cream piece.  Everything else in OH seemed fairly ordinary to me.  

1 hour ago, wooster said:

The second possibility is that they are not pieces for the PAB wall.  I have been to stores, mostly in Europe, that will break up damaged sets and put the pieces in a box near the PAB wall and make available for cup filling (Vienna store, in particular).  Maybe some of those pieces came from a bin like that. 

That seems like the most likely scenario, what with those few new pieces. I guess you'd have to be extremely lucky (or just know a guy from the store) to come across such an occasion

Some of what the lucky redditor got was for Easter apparently. There are a couple mix match bins for the holiday as I see on AC Pin's Flickr.

9 hours ago, brickbuilder711 said:

Some of what the lucky redditor got was for Easter apparently. There are a couple mix match bins for the holiday as I see on AC Pin's Flickr.

Huh. In that case, that's a really neat event! Hope it's worldwide, I'd love to get my hands on those coral pieces :moar: before guys like this pick everything out...

I saw most of the selection at the Dadeland Mall LEGO store in Miami today. Just in time for 4/20! JK :laugh:

For me though, I prioritized the white 1x2 brick, 1x2 plate, 1x4 plate, and LBG 1x4 plate. I desperately needed those in quantity so I spent a good two hours filling away at the wall. P/P ratio should be very good as a result. I also got a hold of some cabbage, flowers in LRB and dark pink, and some leftover 1x1 plates in some trippy colors. (Vice colors if a hint is needed). Of course I snagged some VC pieces too. I ignored anything in yellow, orange, and those ugly MdAzure petals. Sadly no baguettes.

The recently popular idea of mixing is a double edge sword. You end up with a lot of white elephants if you fill quickly, but if you're patient enough, you have a great chance of getting what you really would like to have. A number of parts I wouldn't have expected to fill appeared today.

Got a lot of flowers, many many flowers.

No idea what I will use them for, but I have the option now :grin: Also, sand green telescopes, but I have an idea for those as structural detail, so there was a reason for a handful to go in the cup.

Great selection in Cologne last Saturday! Some of the more intersting pieces were only available in very limited quantities in a box of mixed stuff (the double jumpers in light grey, the ingots in light grey, the 1x1 round bricks in white), otherwise I would have taken a lot more of those...

au3invcq.jpg

Picked up 3 cups over the last 1-2 months, finally got around to sorting them out. 

Very happy to get all those leaf pieces, as my layout is quite large and I know for a fact that I will need them in the future. May even go back to grab the rest they had, because the supply was getting very low. Also scored some white 4x6 plates, 2x2 & 2x4 bricks and 2x2 slope pieces, which I will need for a small snow scene in my Amusement park. 

Other than that just grabbed random pieces that I am sure I will find some use for in the future. This was at the Northshore Mall store in Peabody, MA

47865930121_6dbc7bda0a_z.jpg   47865930161_e560d3d7a7_z.jpg

I went on Sunday and snagged quite a few blue lightsaber blades, as well as a buch of gold flags. Some gray 2x4s and 2x6s were in there, as some other stuff.

Stopped my mine (Murray, UT, USA) on Thurs specifically to get some of the tri-leaf piece I've seen posted here, but sadly they were all out; the manager said they hadn't had them in weeks and didn't know when they would get more. I did manage to snag some of the newer 1x1 round flowers in pale blue and 1x1 pink flowers with stem, along with a bunch of other useful but non-specific parts. Not the haul I was hoping for, but worth the trip nonetheless.

799 pieces, didn't have time to pack it properly since the place was closing...

pabcup1.jpg

Orio al Serio, last Monday (shrinked pic; those at top left and top right are plates too. The only bricks in this pic are the Sand yellow 2x1s)

orio0.jpg

Went to the Concord, NC Lego store for the first time last weekend. Nothing picture-worthy, but I got about 250 black cheese slopes, about 100 lbg 1x1 SNOT bricks, and a few dozen white jumper plates. As you may have guessed from all the cheese, a new steam engine MOC is forthcoming.

The selection in my store (Washington Square in Tigard, OR) this week was mind-blowing.  I normally buy 1 or 2 cups.  This week I bought 12!  After unloading the cups, I ended up with 30 bowls of parts.  I had intended to take a photo, but in the excitement I forgot.  But here is a list of the stuff I got:

• 2x2 dark tan tiles
  • 2x2 dark red tiles
  • 2x2 dark red macaroni tiles
  • 2x2 dark turquoise macaroni tiles
  • 2x2 light bluish gray round tiles
  • 1x4 dark green tiles
  • 2x4 dark turquoise tiles
  • 1x4x3 white windows
  • 4x3 window glass
  • 1x2x3 gold lattice shutters
  • 1x4x6 dark bluish gray door frame
  • 1x4x6 yellow door
  • 1x1 gold scroll bricks
  • 1x2 trans-clear bricks with no bottom tube
  • 6x5 green plant leaves
  • 1x2 reddish brown log bricks
  • 1x2 dark red masonry bricks

I ended up with almost 6,300 parts with a Bricklink value of ~$900.  I spent ~$180.  A very productive PAB trip! :classic:

Edited by dlmorgan999

Qn66nQd.jpg

More water!
I left atleast another large cup or two yesterday if anyone in Dallas needs it. Top left corner.

Nabbed a fistful of red 1x1 plates I need and a fistful of 1x4 sand green plates for the hell of it.

2 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Qn66nQd.jpg

More water!
I left atleast another large cup or two yesterday if anyone in Dallas needs it. Top left corner.

Nabbed a fistful of red 1x1 plates I need and a fistful of 1x4 sand green plates for the hell of it.

What’s the green/gold torso on the left?

7 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

What’s the green/gold torso on the left?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=col126#T=S&O={"ss":"US","iconly":0}

Thespian / Actor  CMF series 8
I keep calling them shakespeare but he had a similar torso in dark red, CMF Lego Movie 1.
Don't think I've ever seen the legs, only torso, head, ruff.

Edited by Masked Mini

On 7/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, dlmorgan999 said:

The selection in my store (Washington Square in Tigard, OR) this week was mind-blowing.

A very productive PAB trip! :classic:

(***Reads post, frantically plans urgent trip to local store***)

Edited by rodiziorobs

On 7/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, dlmorgan999 said:

The selection in my store (Washington Square in Tigard, OR) this week was mind-blowing.  I normally buy 1 or 2 cups.  This week I bought 12!  After unloading the cups, I ended up with 30 bowls of parts.  I had intended to take a photo, but in the excitement I forgot.  But here is a list of the stuff I got:

• 2x2 dark tan tiles
  • 2x2 dark red tiles
  • 2x2 dark red macaroni tiles
  • 2x2 dark turquoise macaroni tiles
  • 2x2 light bluish gray round tiles
  • 1x4 dark green tiles
  • 2x4 dark turquoise tiles
  • 1x4x3 white windows
  • 4x3 window glass
  • 1x2x3 gold lattice shutters
  • 1x4x6 dark bluish gray door frame
  • 1x4x6 yellow door
  • 1x1 gold scroll bricks
  • 1x2 trans-clear bricks with no bottom tube
  • 6x5 green plant leaves
  • 1x2 reddish brown log bricks
  • 1x2 dark red masonry bricks

I ended up with almost 6,300 parts with a Bricklink value of ~$900.  I spent ~$180.  A very productive PAB trip! :classic:

WOW!  That's a crazy amount of tiles they had!  I would've probably walked out with what you did or more!

Being that I'm still a relative newbie, I keep not buying enough quantity from the PAB wall. :wink:  I'm wishing I had bought 2-3 times as much as I did for some of the tiles.

44 minutes ago, dlmorgan999 said:

Being that I'm still a relative newbie, I keep not buying enough quantity from the PAB wall. :wink:  I'm wishing I had bought 2-3 times as much as I did for some of the tiles.

I learned that lesson more than once myself.  But never again haha...

After driving across half the US, I managed to score some real finds at some of the Lego stores.  In no particular order:

Raleigh, NC: The three leaf piece and the stems were great.  They also had some blue flowers and pink flowers not pictured here.

gcwt18h.jpg

Overland Park, KS: The 1x2 white tiles were the find here.  They also had 1x2 dark green bricks in addition to the 1x2 dark red pictured here.

xzcldgP.jpg

Oklahoma City, OK: The BAM kiosk was awesome (see the BAM thread in the Special forum for pics).  The PAB wall was pretty good, too.  The orange cheese slopes and black rubbery horns were my favorites here.

qeZlMCQ.jpg

However, the Des Peres, MO store was the real winner: The light bley inverted curved slopes, bread, seaweed, trans light blue round plates, dark red 1x2 plates, fences, window, and... the AMAZING light bley 1x2 masonry brick, which I had never seen on a PAB wall before.  The dark bley 1x2 tile was pretty sweet, too.

9Z9SntC.jpg

Oh man. Those 1x2’s are nice colors, including dark green. I’m working on my first MOC but I need about 100 more 1x2’s in dark orange. I just buy needed parts from a local third party store that sells both sets & loose bricks. If I can find those colors I’d be overjoyed. A friend & I are hitting three stores in August...fingers crossed(as well as the BaM exclusives). And the light grey masonry bricks...what a gold mine!