ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Something I forgot to post here :

Last Christmas I received from my sister and her husband a small cup of bricks they got from the New York store's pick-a-brick (they went to New York for vacation a few weeks before), with one directive : "with the parts of the cup you can make a Statue of Liberty, but we don't give you instructions nor photo of the expected model; of course there are some extra parts to fill the cup"...

So I made this:

26105253_10214337035120551_1842250207_n.
it was a little bigger than what they expected, i.e. :

26176166_10155977129456575_23838830_n.jp

for reference, the "official" suggested model from Lego:

26057684_10155977131536575_1424932980_n.

:laugh:

It was a nice surprise, as we do not have all these sand green parts in European stores

(the cup contents was a little of each of the parts used for the statue)

Edited by antp

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if I were a LEGO store manager, I'd be damn sure to have my brickbuildr and Wall of Bricks pages kept up to date.  I've gotten to the point where, with free shipping from S@H on sufficiently large orders, I wouldn't go to the store unless I was at that mall anyway.  If I knew what was on the wall, I might be inclined to go to get the pieces I need instead of using bricklink.

20 hours ago, fred67 said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if I were a LEGO store manager, I'd be damn sure to have my brickbuildr and Wall of Bricks pages kept up to date.  I've gotten to the point where, with free shipping from S@H on sufficiently large orders, I wouldn't go to the store unless I was at that mall anyway.  If I knew what was on the wall, I might be inclined to go to get the pieces I need instead of using bricklink.

I couldn´t agree more.I actually planned to visit the nearest Lego Store today to get me a small Set and Stuff from the Brickwall.Well,a Trip to that Lego Store costs around 10 Euro when you take the Commuter Train to and from the Lego Store (10  euro for both Tickets together).

Well,a good Friend of mine (and a fellow AFOL and my Neighbor) today accidently locked himself out of his Apartment so i stayed there as Support and so decided to only go to the local Toy Store and get me the Set i wanted.

I really would love to know too what the Brickwall includes right now.Any i mean it would be super awkward if you just take pictures of the Brickwall just to share them in local Lego Sites :D

I'm still dreaming of TLG creating a scenario where you can define "your" LEGO Store within your VIP settings, which then allows to vote for PAB pieces of that store every month.

53 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

I'm still dreaming of TLG creating a scenario where you can define "your" LEGO Store within your VIP settings, which then allows to vote for PAB pieces of that store every month.

This so needs to happen!

Suggest this to TLG; they need to get an eyeful of this!

I think a sort of "fan favorite" selection is already being tested. But this is limited to a tub or two. The primary demographic are still smaller children. Kids always want wheels, windshields, bright colored bricks, doors and windows.

I've been to the Italian Bergamo certified store recently, and the selection must be the worst i have ever seen. Almost exclusively large bricks on the wall. I think since it is a certified store, they are trying to maximize their profits with larger elements that fill the cup with fewer pieces. The afol fanbase is quite big in Italy, I would expect them to be more inclined towards advanced builders.

Edited by Sven F

Filled a large cup at the store in Frankfurt, Germany, this monday:

29053257698_5c9890f529_b.jpgPAB - Large Cup / Frankfurt, Germany by Tobias T., auf Flickr

Tan plates in 2x4, 2x6, 2x8, 4x4 and 4x6, brown plates in 2x6 and 4x4, lavender (I think?) 2x4 and 1x2 plates, sand green 1x4 plates, orange 1x2 plates, white 4x6 plates and one 1x2 and 4x6 plate each in black (from the misc bin).

Brown bricks in 1x4 and 2x4, 1x1 bricks in dark grey and sand green, 1x2 bricks in dark grey, medium blue and white; and one tan 1x4 brick (from the misc bin).

3 light grey 1x4 bricks with studs on side, 4 white 1x2X1x4 brackets; and 14 dark grey 1x2X1x2 brackets.

4 turntables (white/light grey) and 37 sand green 1x1 clips, and one 1x2 plate with hinge (those were in the wall - I didn't want any but I guess it was mixed in with some of the other parts I grabbed a handful of).

2x2x2/3 plates with bow in sand green and black.

White jumpers (92x), light grey 1x1 tiles (136x), gold round 1x1 plates (49x) and 57 of the new flower piece in light orange.

All in all 778 parts, if I didn't miscount  :laugh:

Edited by RogerSmith

23 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Filled a large cup at the store in Frankfurt, Germany, this monday:

Wow, that's quite a haul--and a great variety of fantastic parts! I need to get down to my store soon, and see if they have some of the same selection.

Thank you for posting here!

Digging up this thread, as I was find seeing findings of people in various stores...

Last Friday I went to the Lego Store in Lille (France), some parts I found interesting:

• 1x1 plate in dark green
  • 1x2 plate in dark red, dark blue, sand green, white
  • 1x4 plate in sand green, white
  • 1x2 bricks in dark red, sand green, dark green, tan
  • old/classic flower stems; I took a bunch before they disappear (since in new sets they seem to have vanished), maybe I should even have taken a whole cup of these :look:
  • new 5-petal flowers in red, white and yellowish-orange
  • 2x2 tiles in LBG, often seen there, but always useful
Edited by antp

14 hours ago, antp said:

Digging up this thread, as I was find seeing findings of people in various stores...

Last Friday I went to the Lego Store in Lille (France), some parts I found interesting:

• 1x1 plate in dark green
  • 1x2 plate in dark red, dark blue, sand green, white
  • 1x4 plate in sand green, white
  • 1x2 bricks in dark red, sand green, dark green, tan
  • old/classic flower stems; I took a bunch before they disappear (since in new sets they seem to have vanished), maybe I should even have taken a whole cup of these :look:
  • new 5-petal flowers in red, white and yellowish-orange
  • 2x2 tiles in LBG, often seen there, but always useful

*huh*

I did hear there was some survey or request line for future PAB selections to appeal to AFOLs. This might have something to do it. Or, it can be an isolated incident. The last time the wall has looked THIS juicy was in 2007. 

If indeed, this becomes a regular occurrence in the states, I'll be so happy.

At Lille they often have good parts, better than some other store, but indeed here there were more than usual :D

I even forgot two:

• Jumper plate in dark tan
  • Brick 1x1 with stud on 1 side in sand green (the one previously seen in New York has studs on 2 side, if I'm right)
Edited by antp

Visited my nearest Lego shop in Glasgow two weeks ago, finally got round to sorting out what I picked up from the PAB wall.  

30928024227_1fbe7d314a_c.jpg20181113_211737 by Roddy MacLeod, on Flickr

• 81 1x2 White Bricks
  • 77 1x2 Navy Blue bricks 
  • 210 1x2 Navy Blue plates
  • 92 1x3 Tan Plates
  • 91 1x4 White Plates
  • 93 2x4 Tan Plates
  • 127 1x1 Lt Grey Round Plates
  • 18 1x1 Lt Grey Round Brick
  • 4 4x8 Black Plates
  • 3 3x6 Lt Grey Wedge Plates Left
  • 3 3x6 Lt Grey Wedge Plates Right
  • 14 1x2 Black Modified plates with Bar
  • 16 Green Plant stems
  • 34 Yellow Round Flowers with 5 petals
  • 78 White Round Flowers with 5 petals 

I have priced this up from S@H & it comes to £77.25, not a bad haul for £11.99

Edited by RoddyMac

Miami, FL (Aventura)

Stockpiled 1x2 clear bricks and 1x2x2 clear window panels for a highrise project.

Stockpiled a whole cup of 2x2 tiles.

Also of note, sand green 1x2 plate, 1x1 clip, 1x1 brick, 1x1 double erling, 2x2 curve slope

Black cheese and double cheese, black 2x2 curve slope mixed with sand green. Yellow 2x2 jumper. DkPink 1x2 brick and basic stuff.

Anyone know the current parts selection of the Lego Store in Frankfurt? Will be visiting there soon anyways, but would always be nice to see what I might be getting!

I used to pick up a cup everytime I went to the LEGO store 2 or 3 times every couple of months, that is. Here lately though it just seems like the selection has been frozen in time and I seldom find any interesting or unique pieces, wish they would bring back that monthly build thing. Now I almost even forget the PAB wall is even there, must remind myself to check it out next time I go in there. Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing? 

21 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I used to pick up a cup everytime I went to the LEGO store 2 or 3 times every couple of months, that is. Here lately though it just seems like the selection has been frozen in time and I seldom find any interesting or unique pieces, wish they would bring back that monthly build thing. Now I almost even forget the PAB wall is even there, must remind myself to check it out next time I go in there. Is it just me or have others noticed the same thing? 

Usually there have been some parts I can use or hoard for later.  As much as the minibuilds themselves did not interest me, there certainly were often a lot of useful parts that were associated with them.  For now, hopefully the store managers can at least have choice concerning what to order to keep it interesting.  Granted, the lowest two rows are usually fairly generic such as prime color 2x4's, but there is still room for some variation even in the smaller stores.  

Yeah, the mini-builds were awful, but I liked them for two reasons.  First, they often utilized some interesting or useful pieces.  The terrible looking Statue of Liberty being the best example.  And second, knowing what the mini-build is supposed to be, you could be reasonably sure that those pieces would be in stock when you went.  A reliable inventory tracker for the brick walls would be such a welcomed tool.

Lastly, I heard that the stores now are purposefully filling the bottom rows with 2x4 bricks as a safety precaution for all the young kids that visit and like to pick the pieces up (and put them in their mouth).  

Not especially 2x4 bricks

There were also large plates there (2x6, 4x4, etc.)

Copenhagen:

0PkaA61.jpg

I got 411 pieces into a small cup, I think I did ok :sweet:

Edited by jpx

On 3/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, jpx said:

got 411 pieces into a small cup, I think I did ok :sweet:

Wow!  The 1x2 masonry bricks, the 1x2 dark blue plates, and the new flower designs are a great find!  I'm jealous!  

Ugh it's been a hot minute since I last picked up a PAB cup (more than a year?). Looks like there might be some tasty parts :moar:

This guy's haul, is it even possible? There are so many parts here I would never imagine being sold in PAB, especially if they're in the new color. If it really is current PAB stock in Orlando, why is it not like that anywhere else? I visited Manchester store recently and the selection had nothing out of the ordinary.