ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Most of the time when I'd ask, the clerks don't know. It does seem quarterly though, but they do sneak in a different part in the bins in between. If only they would update BrickBuildr's wall pages.

I gave up trying to get parts I need from the wall and only use it to stockpile certain parts when available.

2 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I gave up trying to get parts I need from the wall and only use it to stockpile certain parts when available.

Could not have said it better myself! 

If an element runs out, they will replace it with something else, but if it's part of the quarterly builds, it tends to remain empty at many of the stores.

I was in Brooklyn for work and managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the Rockefeller Center store in Manhattan. They have the small Statue of Liberty as one of the Pick-a-Models, so lots of sand green. My budget and time were limited and the store was busy so I just got one large cup.

Here's the haul:

34157921416_46f485c696_z.jpg

US stores are currently selling these at $50 per box!
AC

Pick A Brick Boxes Purge!

The Austin, Texas store had the boxes a couple of weeks ago. Mostly things like 1x1 round tiles with "eye" patterns or windows. No bricks or plates. I'm going back today to see if they have anything else. 

Those 1x1 eye prints are always available, they wind up everywhere and also appear to be capable of self-replication/reproduction. The stores local to me have an abundance of 2x4 bricks to the point where even the employees were a bit disappointed in the selection. 

Recent selection from two CA stores, one large cup from each (contents shown together):

35223394705_70f67bc126_b.jpg

^ Was that after the quarterly refresh? Mine had almost all of those months ago. Maybe not the beige 1x2 brick with side studs or brown 1x2 brick.

1 hour ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

^ Was that after the quarterly refresh? Mine had almost all of those months ago. Maybe not the beige 1x2 brick with side studs or brown 1x2 brick.

I'm not sure if its pre or post quarterly refresh. I go every couple of months and I know some of those were there for a while from previous visits while some were new. The white 1x2 'cheese slopes', 1x2 red brown bricks and black 1x1 cones have been around a while but the 1x1 trans clear cheese slopes and 1x6 yellow plates were new. 

A lot of that looks familiar from my local store back in Feb. The brown 1x2, dark bley 1x2 plate, and bley 1x2 plate with clip don't, though. Thanks for posting!

This is from the store in Raleigh, NC, USA.  Most of the pieces were familiar as being on the wall in other stores for a long time.  It was the medium azure 4x6 plates that caught my eye as being new (at least for me).

35201798062_c711a9cbbe_m.jpg

Edited by wooster
add photo

I really like azure colored pieces, but my PAB cup days are probably done since they never have enough of a nice selection to warrant filling even a small cup.

Hey everyone, I have a question about the part selection in European stores. I see many people posting images of their PAB haul full of sand green pieces. I'd like to buy 1x2 sand green plates in a large quantity for an upcoming MOC, but I don't know if there are any sand green element in the European Brand Stores? I couldn't find any information about this. Anyone know something about this? :)

3 hours ago, kovacs said:

Anyone know something about this? :)

I do not know about European stores, but if you are willing to order on Bricklink from the United States and pay the shipping price, there are quite a few stores with high quantities and low prices.  I am not near a LEGO store, so I went this route (I am from the US, though, so no idea about international shipping).

You might try the store "Autobot".  I have placed an order with them for the same piece and had a perfect transaction.  They list international shipping as an option but I do not see cost estimates.

36 minutes ago, Slegengr said:

I do not know about European stores, but if you are willing to order on Bricklink from the United States and pay the shipping price, there are quite a few stores with high quantities and low prices.  I am not near a LEGO store, so I went this route (I am from the US, though, so no idea about international shipping).

You might try the store "Autobot".  I have placed an order with them for the same piece and had a perfect transaction.  They list international shipping as an option but I do not see cost estimates.

Hello, thanks for the answer and for the link to the Autobot store, they really have great prices and also the shipping costs aren't that bad. I'll check out their other items too. :)

23 minutes ago, Capparezza said:

@kovacs You can also check out this website, which shows you the contents of the PaB sections of various stores: http://www.brickbuildr.com/index.php/all-stores/. Howevery, it is not really up-to-date for some stores. So you might take that info with a grain of salt...

@Capparezza Thank you, I know that site, but unfortunately I'm interested in those 2 stores in Vienna, and the tables for those aren't up to date :( But thank you anyway!

Yeah, too bad interest in keeping those inventories up-to-date is pretty low. I'm located in the far west of Austria and travelling 3 or more hours to the next PaB and finding out that the inventory is wrong is not really encouraging me for a drive :hmpf_bad:

color balance seems a little weird, or there are some very unusual colors (what color is supposed to be that 1x3 plate ?)

On 7/31/2017 at 9:59 AM, antp said:

color balance seems a little weird, or there are some very unusual colors (what color is supposed to be that 1x3 plate ?)

Light Grey

I live in a small city so we don't have a lego store but I still think it would be cheaper to just buy on brickowl. It's also the experience though, I mean you gotta do it at least once:)

Orlando PAB had (and I got):

• Medium stone grey 2x2 tile
  • Medium stone grey 1x2 plate
  • Medium stone grey 2x2 plate
  • Dark tan jumper
  • Sand green 1x1 with clip
  • Sand green 1x2 tile
  • Sand green 2x2 curved slope