ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Brickset has images of the upcoming PaM builds. I don't know when Lego stores will actually start stocking these. 

The animal has a few things I'm excited about. I look forward to stocking up on 1x2 light bley plates, the dark tan 1x2 curved slope bricks, and the 1x1light bley plate with a clip. I think everything else has already been on the wall for the past six months.

3850017-1.jpg?201701221138

http://brickset.com/sets/3850017-1/Digger

3850016-1.jpg?201701221138

http://brickset.com/sets/3850016-1/Animal

8 hours ago, tkatt said:

Brickset has images of the upcoming PaM builds. I don't know when Lego stores will actually start stocking these. 

The animal has a few things I'm excited about. I look forward to stocking up on 1x2 light bley plates, the dark tan 1x2 curved slope bricks, and the 1x1light bley plate with a clip. I think everything else has already been on the wall for the past six months.

http://brickset.com/sets/3850017-1/Digger

http://brickset.com/sets/3850016-1/Animal

Yessssss. Ball joints of all types!

Back in the day...and I mean in the last year...stores would get in the parts for both builds.  Larger wall stores would place both of them out, smaller wall stores would rotate, one build for about 45 days, and then the second.  They stopped sending all of the parts to the stores at the same time last year, which really hinders the customer, and the store from actually selling brick.  Because of course, why have a store and want to make money?

That being said, I made some calls today and stores in my area do not have the parts for the animal/squirrel/dog/mutant creature.  When I hear more, I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Side note, when I used to work at a LEGO store, I made sure to keep my wall updated on Brickbuildr, as often as I could.  So some employees do care!!!

The problem was, back in the day, the wall would change so frequently it was difficult to keep up with.  But then people who got paid much more than I did started changing rules and stores weren't able to "request' parts anymore.

Anyways, back on topic, 2 cups of Sand Green 1 x 2 plate (loose) and 2 cups of 2x4 white brick, 159 bricks each!  Thank you internet for having a pic readily available!!

5 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Side note, when I used to work at a LEGO store...

Why did you stop working there?  (The best people are destined for better things!)

Years ago you could buy those K2 boxes that the bricks actually get delivered to the stores in for $70.  Dashed are my dreams of building minifig-scale architectural models without committing financial suicide.

Yay!   Curved top bricks/slopes in dark tan.

It's great to know what's coming. I don't need those now, I just like to know which bricks not to buy in other ways if they will be available cheaper from PaB

Just been to the Milton Keynes store and they have the parts in for the orange digger..

i looked on their "page" on google and it didn't look like a very good wall as it is smaller than most but it's very well stocked and quite varied.. there are multiple bits in each "tub".. for example all the parts for the digger were in 2 of the tubs.. 

the girl asked me if I'd found everything I wasted and after I said "no, I was after 1x2 white and dark grey" she went out e back and found me a box full of white ones and a box of 1x1 dark grey and asked if they'd were any use.. 

they are as it happens, never thought about it until she asked though.. ?

Had a count up.. 

2 large cups..

Cup 1:-

361 1x2 white brick

242 1x1 dark grey brick.

( could have got more in if I stacked it right instead of just loose.. ) 

Cup 2:-

62 2x4 brick, dark gray

56 2x4 brick, white

24 1x4 brick, med/light gray

8 2x4 45 slope, black 

25 2x2 flat tile, red

9 1x1 brick with side stud, med/light gray

4 1x1 round flat tile, med/light gray

4 1x2 cup - ball arm, dark gray

7 1x2 "vent" tile, white

4 1x2 tile with centre stud, white

2 2x2 45 slope, clear

9 1x2 curved slope, white

8 1x2 hinge bar, black. 

13 hours ago, psdillon said:

Why did you stop working there?  (The best people are destined for better things!)

Years ago you could buy those K2 boxes that the bricks actually get delivered to the stores in for $70.  Dashed are my dreams of building minifig-scale architectural models without committing financial suicide.

2 years ago, those boxes went up to $100.  Then, within 6 months, they decided to stop selling them by the case.  but, if you packed an item loose, you could get it into about 6 cups, which was cheaper than buying a case for $100.  But shhhhh!!!!  Don't tell them, they might figure it out.

Why did I stop working there?  Many reasons; many of which I probably shouldn't say here as they aren't all real nice.  But yes, I moved on to bigger and better things, and I'm still working in the field, but for a different company.

I went to the Lego Store, and it seemed like they had the parts in PAB Wall for the construction vehicle, they may have run out of the plastic boxes for the build-a-model. They ended up taking down the signs showing what the BAM model was. If I wanted the vehicle anyway, I would have liked the option to buy it even without the plastic box for it.

I also saw on Twitter in early January someone posted the picture of the official BAM model coming soon. When I saw it in my store weeks later, I realized maybe a lot of stores do get the same stuff around the same time, but maybe the employees choose when to put it out for sale.

8 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

2 years ago, those boxes went up to $100.  Then, within 6 months, they decided to stop selling them by the case.  but, if you packed an item loose, you could get it into about 6 cups, which was cheaper than buying a case for $100.  But shhhhh!!!!  Don't tell them, they might figure it out.

In some stores you can still buy boxes (e.g. in Hamburg) when they have enough of them in stock but for the equivalent of 6 large cups, which sums up to more than 100€. For some parts however this may still be better than packing the parts (especially for larger and more bulky parts). It also saves a lot of time, because packing 6 large cups can take a while. ;-)

Today saw:

orange 1x2 roof brick
some narrow wing plate 3x6 light gray, only one side, not the other side
1x2 black cheese wedge
1x1 black cheese wedge
2x2 curved slope black
1x2 white curved slope
2x2 white plate
2x4 black plate
1x2 yellow plate with one stud on top
1x2/2x4 angular plate dark gray
1x6x5 hollow wall white
1x2 dark gray plates
1x2 light gray plate with clip on wide edge
1x4 white plate
1x1 round orange plates
1x2 black plate with handle on one short end
2x2 turntable top and bottom parts

I kinda wanted some of these, but wasn't motivated enough for a small cup.

Edited by BubbaFit45531

6 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

1x2 gray plates

What store?  Where?  I've been waiting for these for a while now...  Do tell.

They had parts for some sort of penguin. It seems like these PAB wall parts eventually get to a lot of stores around the same time period.

I skipped buying a cup when they had 1x2 sand green plates, and I didn't see any yesterday. Also don't recall seeing anymore Mixels balljoint parts.

16 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

What store?  Where?  I've been waiting for these for a while now...  Do tell.

Cant say something about the store for the USA but 1x2 DBG plates are part of the new PIck-A-Model, so they should appear in large quantities in all stores now. :) They have them in Hamburg, Germany.

12 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Ahhh. Those are good, and good to know. I was hoping you meant light bley.

I popped into the Lego store in Liverpool for the monthly build tonight and they had both light bley and dark bley 1x2 plates in the wall.

Awesome news...for you!  Good to know that the parts are starting to surface.  Thanks.

My mother bought me parts from Orlando while up on business, LOL. All I know they have is bley 2x2 plate, and sand green 1x2 plate. I have plenty of sand green from a past BL order, so all I asked for was the railroad ballasting element, in other words the 2x2plate. It looks like Orlando LIC also adopted the Fan Favorites from images I received.

New Model is the Puffin.  The Squirrel, I found out is only at the much bigger flagship stores.  Can anyone confirm that?

Damn... new size restriction on Images.  I'll have to shrink and upload later if someone else doesn't do it first.

1 hour ago, chump said:

New Model is the Puffin.  The Squirrel, I found out is only at the much bigger flagship stores.  Can anyone confirm that?

I think LEGO is calling that one a beaver.  No clue as to why some stores get one and others don't.  The response I used to get was terrible.  Stores can display for 45 days, then swap.  If not, at least they get some $$$ for selling all the other NEW brick.

And they wonder why sales are down at retail!  Maybe put actual quality brick back on the wall and watch the dollars roll in?

Went to three stores in the area last week Thursday and Friday.  All three of the walls were practically identical...and they were all sad.  Poor upkeep, half empty, 75% the same stuff, and no one knew anything about what was going on; I thought about doing the survey, but I didn't think that was fair to the Store managers as they don't make policies.  And retail corporate USA does not care what the adult fan thinks.  I've tried talking with them before and it goes nowhere.

Sorry, you are correct, it's a beaver.  We were debating what it was for awhile, squirrel, beaver, dog (from Duck Hunt) and I guess squirrel just stuck in my head.

Is there anyway of knowing when they change the PaB wall? I heard from a store clerk every three months.