ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

7 hours ago, Capparezza said:

That's from the "Build a Minfigure" station. There are several parts and accessories which you can mix & match to create your own minifigs. If you buy 3 of those, you get that blister to carry them home.

Ohhh thank you! I somehow always forget about the build a minifigure!

On 21/10/2016 at 6:22 AM, Stillinamerica said:

Is that 1x2 plate pink or the lighter lavender color? Thanks

On that photo it was bright pink.

According to photos I made previously in July 2013 and January 2014 I found that part in Medium Lavender. Not sure in which store it was however (Lille/Levallois/Wijnegem/Köln), I posted that back then in this thread but I'm not sure how to find it.

On 21/10/2016 at 5:57 PM, koalayummies said:

Ohhh thank you! I somehow always forget about the build a minifigure!

I was also often forgetting to check what was available. Last time I was happily surprised by what was available in Lille store, so I made three figs as I found nice parts in the build-a-fig bin.

Edited by antp

My store surprisingly had the sand green (1x1s and 2x1 plates). They had had them last time I went (June) but were sold out so I was surprised to see them back.

The clerk said they would probably have them in stock for awhile, since the Pick a Model has been delayed, but he didn't know for sure.

Sadly, I wasn't able to pick any up, but I plan to go back soon.

Went to 2 stores and neither had sand green pieces or anything "wow cool" but I still came out with a fair number of pieces that I'm likely to use:  (EDIT: 2 large and one small cup total)

27 white 1x2-2x2 bracket
62 black 1x2-2x2 bracket
46 black 1x4 cutved slope
19 clear 1x2x2 panel
3 dk grey 4x4 plate
14 lt grey 4x4 plate
16 tan 4x4 plate
10 tan 4x6 plate
38 black 1x4 brick
211 lt grey 1x4 brick
37 lt grey 1x3 brick
15 dk grey 1x2 brick
10 lt grey 1x4 brick with 4 studs on side
116 white 1x2 panel
82 white 1x1 corner panel
65 lt grey 1x1 brick with 1 stud on side
44 green 1x1 headlight brick

The store in Great Lakes Crossing (LEGO Discovery Center) in Auburn has larger PAB wall but a lot of bins are empty or repeats.  It's like there's more demand for PAB parts than they can supply.  The store in Troy were a bit better, their wall were full with 2 duplicate bins.

Edited by Lego Otaku

They had three mixed bins of parts today in the LEGO Store in Hamburg. After a few seconds I realized that these parts came mostly from a de-assembled Kwik-E-Mart! There were still some nice parts in the bins like both black minifig bags or other printed parts like the newspaper and donuts. I also grabbed almost a hundred dark orange slopes from the roof and other useful parts. Fun. :)

Another visitor to the Bellevue WA store, just before Halloween. Got a nice variety in a large cup. May have went overboard with the studs...

30856439942_ec74fa1dee.jpg

Bonus attempt at making something out of only my PAB and a base plate:

30856440392_0b27f42af5_n.jpg

Edited by Iria

My first PAB experience. Sadly, no Sand Green parts were found in Warsaw LEGO store. Oh, and we weren't allowed to fill in the stud in cover stud :(

30335839594_2d343f72d6_c.jpg

On 22-11-2016 at 0:07 PM, SMFLK said:

Anyone been in the Antwerp store recently?

I was there last monday and there were no special bricks in the wall. It was mostly filled with parts for the pick-a-model build, a penguin. Imho the only interesting part was the tan 2x2 tile (no studs).

On 11/21/2016 at 7:10 PM, zux said:

Oh, and we weren't allowed to fill in the stud in cover stud :(

Wow, which store is this so I never go there?

No sand green in Europe so far.

Edited by Sven F

12 hours ago, Humdrum said:

I was there last monday and there were no special bricks in the wall. It was mostly filled with parts for the pick-a-model build, a penguin. Imho the only interesting part was the tan 2x2 tile (no studs).

Thanks Hundrum, I feel like driving over in the coming weeks. Maybe combine it with some Christmas shopping.

You live near Wijnegem?

Edited by SMFLK
typo

5 minutes ago, SMFLK said:

Thanks Hundrum, I feel like driving over in the coming weeks. Maybe combine it with some Christmas shopping.

You live near Wijnegem?

No I live near Brussels, but traffic permitting it's only a twenty to thirty minute drive to Wijnegem.
I don't visit the shop in Wijnegem all that often, only for promotions I really want like the snowglobe.

You're either closer to the ring than me, or drive above limits, as it was taking me rather 40 minutes :D (from Jette, I already need 10 min to reach the ring)

Still no sand green spotted in Europe indeed :(

On 21.11.2016 at 7:10 PM, zux said:

My first PAB experience. Sadly, no Sand Green parts were found in Warsaw LEGO store. Oh, and we weren't allowed to fill in the stud in cover stud :(

19 hours ago, Sven F said:

Wow, which store is this so I never go there?

It is store in Warsaw, Poland. It is licensed store. Not real LEGO store because you can't get there vip points but they got PAB wall.

I visited it also but I had no problem with filling stud in cup tho. Noone in store was complaining about it.

4 hours ago, antp said:

You're either closer to the ring than me, or drive above limits, as it was taking me rather 40 minutes :D (from Jette, I already need 10 min to reach the ring)

Still no sand green spotted in Europe indeed :(

I practically live on the ring yes, near the on/off-ramps of the R0/E19 in Machelen. I usually don't bother going to Wijnegem,
the PaB wall is limited and I don't like using the ring around Antwerp. It feels like rush hour all day long over there,
and it's just a mess to navigate between all the lanes.

Edited by Humdrum

9 hours ago, Kalais said:

It is store in Warsaw, Poland. It is licensed store. Not real LEGO store because you can't get there vip points but they got PAB wall.

I visited it also but I had no problem with filling stud in cup tho. Noone in store was complaining about it.

Certified store, figures, they are never as nice as the official stores.  Surprised they even have cups, they are usually by weight.

15 hours ago, Humdrum said:

I practically live on the ring yes, near the on/off-ramps of the R0/E19 in Machelen. I usually don't bother going to Wijnegem,
the PaB wall is limited and I don't like using the ring around Antwerp. It feels like rush hour all day long over there,
and it's just a mess to navigate between all the lanes.

What do you mean whit limited? Never been to a PAB, are there any rules to be considered?

47 minutes ago, SMFLK said:

What do you mean whit limited? Never been to a PAB, are there any rules to be considered?

My bad, I meant limited by choice of parts. There aren't a whole lot of interesting parts to be found in the PaB Wall at Wijnegem.
It's mostly doors, windows, wheels, computer screens (printed 2x2 sloped), orange and purple 1x1's,... and of course the parts for
the pick-a-model build.

I only went there two or three times, one at the opening the contents was good, but the other time(s) it was indeed not very interesting.

The PaB wall of Lille's store is usually much better ; even if a little further, it is just a little more than one hour. But I go there only if I have something to buy at French price (when they are 10 or 20 € cheaper), I don't go just for the PaB wall.

Picked up a lot of black jumpers and tan tiles this weekend. They also have a secret collection if you ask the staff. First experience was pretty good, I wonder how often the supply changes, anyone?

5 hours ago, SMFLK said:

Picked up a lot of black jumpers and tan tiles this weekend. They also have a secret collection if you ask the staff. First experience was pretty good, I wonder how often the supply changes, anyone?

Since the first of last year my local store (Murray, UT, USA) has changed their supply quarterly along with the PAM. However, sometimes things change if they have inventory issues (or, recently, they didn't get the PAM until weeks after they were supposed to).

However, their inventory is different than a lot of what I am seeing quoted here, i.e. the black jumpers and tan tiles were there over a year ago. Maybe that's a US/Euro thing, though.

Edited by rodiziorobs