ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

SAND GREEN PIECES?! AND FLAMES? AND TAN 1x2s?!

I wish I lived in New York right now. :cry_sad:

Edited by mediumsnowman

[...]

I encourage everyone to send them an email as well so we can hopefully get these pieces outside New York.

[...]

They told me to go to Bricks and Pieces, but the 1x4 plate and brick with 2 side studs aren't available. The bow piece is also nearly 30 cents .

They're all available on Pick A Brick online and have been for at least a few weeks now.

They're all available on Pick A Brick online and have been for at least a few weeks now.

That's a little more expensive if you want a full cup of small parts

hi guys, does anybody knows, how many bamboo leaves can be in one filled big PaB cup?

I am trying to determine what is beter, to get a big cup from PaB wall or buy them via bricklink, as they are 0.04e there.

Thank you, and I need this answer very fast, as I will be passing Lego store with PaB with bamboo leaves few days from now

Same question goes for 2x2 tiles, how many can fit into one big cup?

Edited by Angeli

hi guys, does anybody knows, how many bamboo leaves can be in one filled big PaB cup?

I am trying to determine what is beter, to get a big cup from PaB wall or buy them via bricklink, as they are 0.04e there.

Thank you, and I need this answer very fast, as I will be passing Lego store with PaB with bamboo leaves few days from now

Get the pab cup!!!

There is definitely space for at least 500 leaves. Keep in mind however, that the leaves create lots of empty space, you should max out space with small elements. Dont know about the tiles though

26355785665_6e6758b2c3_z.jpgPaB by Junior Shark, on Flickr

The contents of one hurried large cup. I was excited for all of the Medium Azure and Magenta, but then I saw.... FENCES! :excited: Not all of the fences are pictured here.

Edited by Junior Shark

I got tons of those three types of piece in the lower right corner of your photo :classic: Good selection - surprised you didn't pick up any plant pieces!

Good selection - surprised you didn't pick up any plant pieces!

There weren't any plant pieces at my store. :hmpf_bad: IME, the only parts you can rely on to be in all Lego stores are the BaM parts.

I don't know about the bamboo leaves, but I do have the answer for the 2x2 tiles: around 700. This video on youtube shows it as well:

I packed 950 tile 2x2

+ 70 bricks 1x2

+70 tile 1x2

But If you pack Cup in 2 minutes You would probably put around 700 Pcs.

Edited by Stelario

Sand green... sounds too good to be true! Can anyone in NYC confirm these bricks are still there, and in decent quantity? I'm thinking of grabbing the fiance and hopping on the train from CT to NYC this weekend just for a cup or two...

Sand green... sounds too good to be true! Can anyone in NYC confirm these bricks are still there, and in decent quantity? I'm thinking of grabbing the fiance and hopping on the train from CT to NYC this weekend just for a cup or two...

I visited the Rockefeller Center store on Thursday (was in town for business) and got one large cup with mostly sand green pieces (1x4 plates, 1x1 tiles, modified tile with clips, 1x1 brick with stud on one side, bow slopes, etc.). All pieces still appeared to be there, and nobody interfered with me packing one cup full of them.

Made a trip to my local (Murray, UT, USA) store on Thursday. Besides what I have below, they also had 2x4 bricks in various colors, but none rare or exciting, as well as some of the 4x4 plates leftover from previous months. They also had some 8x16 bright green plates which I wish I had gotten, but I didn't notice them until my two cups were already full, and I didn't want to have to repack them. :sceptic:

26436135545_c5056bff6e_z.jpgLg #1 by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

(L to R:) orange 1x2 plates, lbg 3x6 wings, both L and R, medium azure (?) 2x4 plates, blue 4x6 plates, white 1x4 double bows, black 1x4 bows, pink studs, trans-orange cheese, lbg/black antennas, lbg 1x1 snot, pink 1x2 plates, dbg 1x1 plates with double snot knobs, (Ctr:) small mixel eyes, lbg 1x4 snot, large white fences, 2x6 tan plates.

26344209412_a516d5c2c7_z.jpgLg cup #2 by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

(L to R): Dark pink 1x2 slopes, white 1x5x6 panels, more lbg 1x4 snot, red 2x8 and 4x4 plates, med. lavender 1x2 invert slopes, more pink 1x2 plates, 1x1 lime rounds, white 1x2 brick with sideways click-hinge, dark pink 1x4 bricks, more 1x4 double bows, more lbg 1x1 snot, more trans-orange cheese, more dbg 1x1 plates with double snot knob, (Ctr:) more black 1x4 bows, two random orange plates, white 1x2 plate with handles, more medium azure 2x4 plates.

Mostly PAM parts, but still a decent selection. There were also some leftover parts from last quarter (brown chairs, green 1x2 plates with sideways double clip, etc). I probably won't make another PAB buy until next quarter, though; I feel like I got all I needed from this one.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Filling up with the sand green and tan pieces from the Statue Of Liberty Pick-A-Model.

AC

25869689913_42315e964c_c.jpg

That's not even funny. :hmpf_bad::blush:

Could you mail some to me? :grin:

And that grin- stop laughing at us!

Edited by Junior Shark

I *MAY* be finding myself in NYC this weekend. This is all very tentative right now. Would folks like for me to pick up some extra sand green and mail it to you? You will be responsible for shipping charges of course. I understand how rare an opportunity this is for us all, to get our hands on this color. Hopefully this would also spark some further interest in spreading this PAB cup sharing thread I started a few days ago on this forum.

Filling up with the sand green and tan pieces from the Statue Of Liberty Pick-A-Model.

AC

(SNIP)

Savage! :grin:

I *MAY* be finding myself in NYC this weekend. This is all very tentative right now. Would folks like for me to pick up some extra sand green and mail it to you? You will be responsible for shipping charges of course. I understand how rare an opportunity this is for us all, to get our hands on this color. Hopefully this would also spark some further interest in spreading this PAB cup sharing thread I started a few days ago on this forum.

Nice! I am interested in some of the selection pretty much, maybe something can be worked out. I might have to take a trip up to NYC for myself to bag them, but know it will likely be cheaper to have them shipped.

Edited by brickbuilder711

Just btw, I recently bought a couple of cups and realized that many elements (bricks and plates) have a higher clutch power than usual. This is not a bad thing to me by any means, I actually prefer it.

There is also a certain squeakiness to it....

Has anyone else had a similar experience or knows why that is?

The only piece I have noticed that on was the 3-leaf bamboo pieces I got a few months ago, but IIRC that's just kind of how the bamboo piece is, since it is a different plastic.

They also had some 8x16 bright green plates which I wish I had gotten, but I didn't notice them until my two cups were already full, and I didn't want to have to repack them. :sceptic:

I got six of them a few weeks ago.

This past weekend, I had the chance to see Book of Mormon on Broadway (great show, leave the kids at home), and had a few hours of free time. I headed to the Rockefeller Lego store, and it had the sand green pieces that have been making waves here. I noticed a few things:

-It seemed like I was the only AFOL there. There were tons of people at the PaB wall, but most were either children or parents, and they were either filling the BaM packets as they were intended, or filling cups loosely with random pieces.

-The Statue of Liberty replaced the jet BaM model (a tragic blow, I'm sure).

-As well as Statue of Liberty and butterfly parts, notable parts included clear cheese slopes, 2x2x2 slopes in reddish brown, 1x2/1x2 inverted brackets in green, and lime cylinders.

I quickly packed 2 small cups, and then spent more time on the large one. I couldn't remember which type was a better deal, so I hedged my bets by getting roughly equal volume of each.

ny31.jpg

ny11.jpg

ny21.jpg

I couldn't remember which type was a better deal, so I hedged my bets by getting roughly equal volume of each.

There's a great article that was written several years ago on this, but with the price increase of the cups it no longer holds true. Back then, it was true that the small cup was a better value, but today with doing some basic division, it appears both cups are roughly the same value. The large cup is a better value by .0005 cents per ounce. Cup and lid volume included, the small holds 20.5 ounces, large holds 36.5 ounces. At $8.99 and $15.99 respectively, the small is $0.4385 per ounce, and the large is $0.4380 per ounce. I haven't taken into calculation the cost savings of reusing a cup; I know we get a $0.50 discount on large cups but I'm not sure about small cups as I've never used them before. If the small cup offers the same reuse discount, it would actually be a better value by 1 penny per ounce. Nor have I examined the VIP points earned per cup. The article I was referring to can be found here: http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/Documents/PABCostComparisonAnalysis.pdf

You guys gotta stop posting sand green pictures. I'm getting terribly jealous and it's making the wait until Sunday feel even that much longer. I actually had a nightmare last night that I had arrived at the store but there was no sand green. *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*:cry3:

T-72 hours before my train leaves...