ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

23705686439_7843ccb75b_c.jpgPAB end of Dec. by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

Didn't get a ton of Lego Christmas moneys but enough for a small PAB haul. Knew it was my last chance for some of these parts before they change them for the upcoming quarter, so grabbed a large cup's worth. Let's see what next week brings in PAB selection!

I wonder if they have upper & lower parts of turntables in equal quantities.

As the lower part tends to be used as decoration, I guess that in the end they'll have useless upper parts remaining when the lower part will be "sold out".

(I haven't yet seen turntables in PaB, but when/if I do I'd take more lower parts than upper parts...)

Edited by antp

As long as you don't mind assembling them why not take them both as it doesn't take up hardly any extra space? Who knows, you might find a really cool technique for the upper part.

I didnt take a picture but a few days ago I bought a tub of 2x2 light bley tiles, approximatly 800 (I weighted them all so Its close). Pretty sure they have sold out in sheffield.

I wonder if they have upper & lower parts of turntables in equal quantities.

As the lower part tends to be used as decoration, I guess that in the end they'll have useless upper parts remaining when the lower part will be "sold out".

(I haven't yet seen turntables in PaB, but when/if I do I'd take more lower parts than upper parts...)

I doubt many people would buy them without the base, but I have seen just the upper piece used (as inverted snot)for some pretty effective greebling.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Today I got a big haul of black bars 4L in the Berlin store. Yay! It was the first time I have seen these on pick-a-brick.

I found 1x2 light grey bricks yesterday and light grey 1x1 bricks with a stud on the side. I got about 300 of each yesterday. I realized what a rare oppurtunity it was to get a lot of grey 1x2s. So I went back today and packed in another 520 of the 1x2s, plus a little filler.

23938537380_b9ce8db17f_c.jpg

24126065892_da7fb067a2_c.jpg

@tkatt Sweet, I actually need those two grey pieces for a project I'm working on. What store/country are you in? Or do you know if it's part of the other Pick A Model that's not the plane? That way I can potentially see if it'll reasonably hit my local PAB soon.

@tkatt Sweet, I actually need those two grey pieces for a project I'm working on. What store/country are you in? Or do you know if it's part of the other Pick A Model that's not the plane? That way I can potentially see if it'll reasonably hit my local PAB soon.

Mall of America store. They were not part of pick-a-model. I was thrilled to find those parts. It may be worth calling your local store to see if they have them. I went two days in a row, the 1x1s bin was basically full yesterday and down to about 12 pieces today.

Thanks. That helps. Will definitely look out for those pieces. Fortunately I live about 5 minutes away from my local store.

What are the new Pick a Models?

Found them on the Lego Stores page.

untitled.jpg

Some sweet parts in there. Lots of grey for castles and white curved slopes which I regret paying a small fortune for on bricklink.

Found them on the Lego Stores page.

Some sweet parts in there. Lots of grey for castles and white curved slopes which I regret paying a small fortune for on bricklink.

Thanks for posting, I've been waiting for images to show up, and these are well worth the wait! Gotta love all the bley and dark bley parts here :wub:

Looks like I'll be waiting patiently until Mid February, or now, if Sawgrass has both, the Elephant appears to have the erling and 1x2 bricks mentioned in question. Plus 2x2 plates. SOLID GOLD....

Anyone check out and get the new pieces yet?? I haven't had a chance to hit my store today... I went last week and they haven't received the instructions yet to put the pieces out

Anyone check out and get the new pieces yet?? I haven't had a chance to hit my store today... I went last week and they haven't received the instructions yet to put the pieces out

As I understood it, they didn't have the accompanying printed materials to put out on the wall yet. Although, that is probably what you meant.

I wonder if anyone can give an approximate number of cheese slopes or 1 x 1 round plates can fit into large cup?

From today's trip to Köln (Germany) store:

s512DBq.jpg

Some things already seen or mentioned here, but a few new ones (or that I forgot),

black bar 4L, LBG brick 1x1 with bar, reddish brown slope 2x2x2, tan brick 1x2 with studs on side, orange slope 2x3, yellow brick 1x1 with stud on side, yellow & white cheese slopes 1x2, ...

I wonder if anyone can give an approximate number of cheese slopes or 1 x 1 round plates can fit into large cup?

Using a set of measuring spoons I found the following:

Volume of Small PaB cup = 2.25 cups = 532.3235 Ml

Cheese slopes able to fit in a teaspoon = 13

48 teaspoons in a cup.

48 x 13 x 2.25 = 1404 cheese slopes in a small cup.

Volume of a large cup is almost exactly twice that of a small cup.

1404 x 2 = 2808 Cheese slopes in a large cup.

Cheese slopes able to fit inside lid stud = approx 70

Approximate amount of cheese slopes able to fit inside large PaB cup = 2878

With proper packing I'm sure you could round that number up to 2900.

From today's trip to Köln (Germany) store:

s512DBq.jpg

Some things already seen or mentioned here, but a few new ones (or that I forgot),

black bar 4L, LBG brick 1x1 with bar, reddish brown slope 2x2x2, tan brick 1x2 with studs on side, orange slope 2x3, yellow brick 1x1 with stud on side, yellow & white cheese slopes 1x2, ...

Wow, that is awesome! A lot of those pieces weren't there before christmas. I hope I can still get those in 3 weeks when I'm in Cologne again.

Here are the current Pick a Model builds and the parts list.

24397705456_7bfcaeece6_c.jpg

It's great to get 1x4s and 1x2s in dark grey. I grabbed some of the dark azure 1x2s just because I've never seen them on the wall before.

24130754100_2134be8c5b.jpg24400158206_9e593b014a.jpg 24058562339_c1433b69e4_c.jpg

Had my daughter with me today, she slipped in a head and torso (from the build a minifig) as I was filling in the voids in my cup. I didn't realize she was carrying it with her, and I didn't notice it in the cup until I had put more parts on top of it. I risked it and left it in there, please don't tell on us. :blush:

Shame!

What store was this at? Are the pink parts part of the Build-a-Model, or were there still bins with other pieces?