ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Has anyone been to the Bridgewater NJ or San Antonio, TX stores and see what the new "fan favorite" pieces are on the wall?

Has anyone been to the Bridgewater NJ or San Antonio, TX stores and see what the new "fan favorite" pieces are on the wall?

I may be able to provide feedback regarding to the Bridgewater one next time I visit. When I last looked, a couple of the pieces looked like leftover parts from the last PAM. I know for sure they have the masonry/grid part.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Anyone been to the Cincy Lego store lately and want to share what they have on the wall? Wall of bricks has t been updated all year.

That's my local store. Glad to meet you.

I usually only get there once a month or so. I haven't seen much of an AFOL's interest since the "build a model" invaded the wall, which has been disappointing to me. I haven't asked staff if those BAM parts can be put into cups yet. If so, then yeah, there's rarer stuff and you can check part lists of the model to see if there is stuff you can use, but if not...

I was there last beginning of October, sorry but I don't remember anything specific.

I will try to update more if there is interest, and there's someone else here who chimes in on the contents of this store sometimes.

With the large distances between stores and inconsistency in S@H's shipping destinations, maybe we should establish a closed community of "PAB forwarders" and have our own private brick exchange program?

I like that as an idea, shipped a tub to some previously from UK. Would need to build up a list of the stores that have members near them in order to understand what each store has in stock. I'm up for this idea... I work in Glasgow UK, so have a store 10 minutes from my office.

I was so excited after seeing everyone's recent pick a brick hauls until I remembered, the store I'm going to has the worst selection I've ever seen (the stores in and around London are awesome and so was the one I went to in America). Milton Keynes seems to be just as lame as ever if the wall of bricks website is anything to go by :( http://wallofbricks.com/pab-display.php?country=UK&pab_store_id=11 I was really looking forwards to getting some of those flat tan bricks or even some 2x1 bricks, which they don't seem to sell now. This is my closest store as well so I'm pretty disappointed. I really hope Lego decides to open a store in Birmingham, then I wouldn't have to spend £16 on a train ticket every time I want a pick a brick tub.

Zanki, thanks for posting this link. I usually followed the Brickbuildr for PaB wall, but it hasn't been updated for a while. I checked the Copenhagen store and it seems more recent on wallofbricks. I'm going to CPH in a month, and I'll make sure to stop and check the wall. I'm hoping to score some of the new jumper plates in white.

Well I went to the Lego store today and ended up not getting a pick a brick (got some awesome stuff though!). There was nothing good there. I even brought a few cups as well :(. There were just no 1x# apart from 2x1 flats. I really wanted some more bricks to finish my buildings but there just wasn't anything for me. I was very disappointed but it's what I expect from the Milton Keynes store. I'm hoping that sometime soon I can hit the stores in and around London again. Watford isn't bad and neither are the stores I go to in London. Liverpool also isn't half bad the few times I've been.

Zanki if you used your VIP points and got a survey afterwards be sure to let them know the wall wasn't good. I don't know if it makes a difference but they do seem to read it as I get a response if I complain about something.

Zanki if you used your VIP points and got a survey afterwards be sure to let them know the wall wasn't good. I don't know if it makes a difference but they do seem to read it as I get a response if I complain about something.

Yep, already done. It's a huge shame, the wall there is really small, smallest I've ever seen and it sucks that I couldn't get a pick a brick. It's the second time I've been able to visit the year and both times I've come back empty handed.

In the same way, each time I go to the Lille store I leave on the site a positive command about the fact that their PaB wall has a good selection, to encourage them to continue that way :D

Edited by antp

I bought two large cups in Cologne at the beginning of this week. I filled them with a mixture of landscaping bricks (2x1 slopes in dark bley, yay!) and stuff for modular buildings or something like that.

q9wr884l.jpg

23680480226_4da516ae5b_c.jpg

I decided to be brave and go to the Mall of America store on a Saturday, in December. Several of the Pick a Model bins were empty. There were sold out signs were on the PAM display.

Filled my large cup with-

30 1x4x3 windows with glass

180 2x2 tan tiles

60 1x3 dbg bricks

90 1x4 pink bricks

100 1x2 med blue plates

60+ other filler

Has anyone seen images of next month's Pick A Model selections? Perhaps on next month's store calendar?

Great to see the 2x2 white curved slopes and medium blue 1x2 plates. Looks like a great selection in Cologne. hoping some of those elements are due here.

Has anyone seen images of next month's Pick A Model selections? Perhaps on next month's store calendar?

One of the new models is on next months calendar. A small blue and white plane. Some okay pieces on it but nothing to run home about. Calendar- https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/23428385146/in/photostream/

No idea what the second model is.

I just grabbed my first PAB cup yesterday. I took my son to the Lego store in Austin, it was his first time going. I had intended on getting 76034 for myself because I want the Deathstroke minifig, but I ended up spending that allowance on some build-a-minifigs that my son picked out, cause he's such a good kid I had to do it. Nevermind the fact that he has more Lego at age 7 than I ever had growing up, and I've already bought him 4 more sets for Christmas.

So I settled on having my first PAB experience. I got the small cup and ended up with around 400 pieces. I got 200 1x1 round plates in green and black, a bunch of black 1x2 bricks, a few green and brown 2x6 plates, and around 30 each white and black 1x4 plates. I was just giving it a go, snagging the pieces I thought might come in useful down the road, as I only have around 2,000 pieces at the moment. I hope to get a few more sets for Christmas, and I will be back to the Lego store to grab some more PAB cups soon.

Thanks for all the tips on packing these cups, I will do better on my next haul.

Just passing this info along: I spoke with the store manager at the Westfarms store about an hour ago - new parts will be coming to the PAB wall early January. He's expecting January 1st to be busier than Brick Friday.

I have searched Wall of Bricks but couldn't find any info on the current stock of PAB walls in LEGO stores located in Vienna. Anyone been there recently?

Just passing this info along: I spoke with the store manager at the Westfarms store about an hour ago - new parts will be coming to the PAB wall early January. He's expecting January 1st to be busier than Brick Friday.

That makes sense because that's when the next Pick a Model is going to be released.

Does anyone know if they sell the cups by themselves? I asked one of the employees at the local store and they told me no. It's a brand new store, so I am unsure if they just didn't know or not.

Went the first Time ever into a LEGO Store and of course i had to buy a PAB Cup full of Goodies.

Found some Bambus and Palmtree Leaves (sadly only a few of them were left) and all kinds of useful Pieces like Plates,1x1s with two and four Studs,1x2 Plates with Sticks (no Counterparts),Wheels and lots of other Goodies.

20151230_140806_zpsgkwdvd48.jpg

20151230_140821_zpse0udoyat.jpg

These are the Pieces i filled my PAB Cup with.Nothing too special but lots of useful Stuff.I mean you can never go wrong with printed Gauge Tiles, Grilles and Arches....

20151230_154030_zpsks7pxsqh.jpg