ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Soccerkid, what is that dark shiny gunmetal looking something in the fourth pot from the left on the back row?

Are they flat round 1x1 tiles in silver?

Yup! The darker metallic silver color, whatever that's officially called :look:

The Lawrenceville, GA store has the flat shiny round tiles in silver.

I decided to put my money where my mouth was, so to speak, so instead of whining about it more I went to the store yesterday and recorded everything that was there and updated the wallofbricks.com site.

The only problem was wallofbricks had one element that it wouldn't let me put in green... it's a new part/color combination this year, apparently.

EDIT: Tried to update brickbuildr, but it's just too awkward to use. My advice is check wallofbricks, and if you go - go ahead and take some pictures with your phone, or just jot it down, I'd love if we could keep that site up to date.

Edited by fred67

The Lawrenceville, GA store has the flat shiny round tiles in silver.

I decided to put my money where my mouth was, so to speak, so instead of whining about it more I went to the store yesterday and recorded everything that was there and updated the wallofbricks.com site.

The only problem was wallofbricks had one element that it wouldn't let me put in green... it's a new part/color combination this year, apparently.

EDIT: Tried to update brickbuildr, but it's just too awkward to use. My advice is check wallofbricks, and if you go - go ahead and take some pictures with your phone, or just jot it down, I'd love if we could keep that site up to date.

They are headlights for the stupid truck. Except for a few stores that don't care to update anything, most have them as a Pick-A-Model.

Pretty regular fare at the UK Brighton store. Lots of bamboo leaves and stalks, and some trans stuff. Not much has changed since my last visit 6 months ago. You Americans seem to have all the luck!

Pretty regular fare at the UK Brighton store. Lots of bamboo leaves and stalks, and some trans stuff. Not much has changed since my last visit 6 months ago. You Americans seem to have all the luck!

I would say the same about you, sir, as my local 'Murican store never has any foliage at all...:hmpf_bad::laugh:

Edited by rodiziorobs

My local store and some 1x2x2 Panels in Trans-Clear. Picked up a ton of those as well as some 1x2 and 1x3 Light Bley bricks.

This was my first time going to the PAB wall, in Westfields, Shepherd's Bush, London. I think I could have fitted more in if I were stacking more than I did, but since I wanted the plant bits I guess this was a pretty good first attempt... I regret not getting a second cup!

20893450568_b74ea08207.jpgimage on Flickr

Edited by BrickOn

My local store and some 1x2x2 Panels in Trans-Clear. Picked up a ton of those as well as some 1x2 and 1x3 Light Bley bricks.

Same here, found them Today. ^_^

I'll have to keep an eye out for those. I really need some windows for train MOCs. And also some more green curved slopes and hinges and clips and plates, I've never seen anyone fill a pickamodel at my store. Get ready for lots and lots of green train MOCs

My store in Annapolis now has some kind of "spare parts" PAB-bin with a lot of miscellaneous pieces. My guess is it's from disassembled sets. Anybody else's store doing this?

My store in Annapolis now has some kind of "spare parts" PAB-bin with a lot of miscellaneous pieces. My guess is it's from disassembled sets. Anybody else's store doing this?

My store (Concord, NC) has recently had a bin like this. I am not sure if it is something they will always have. I just assumed someone didn't fill like sorting out mixed parts.

My store (Concord, NC) has recently had a bin like this. I am not sure if it is something they will always have. I just assumed someone didn't fill like sorting out mixed parts.

I think this is correct. All I've seen in that bin is bricks from other slots on the Wall. They're probably the pieces that came from the floor...

This was my first time going to the PAB wall, in Westfields, Shepherd's Bush, London. I think I could have fitted more in if I were stacking more than I did, but since I wanted the plant bits I guess this was a pretty good first attempt... I regret not getting a second cup!

20893450568_b74ea08207.jpgimage on Flickr

What a coincidence Brickon!!! I will be in London for 2 weeks from next week on and of course I was searching for LEGO there and you came up with this pic .-) So it seems the wall of bricks list is correct. ı saw the same parts there, too. The Lego shop in Westfield is the first place I will visit :-)

How much is a big and a small cup by the way?

And any other PAB advice for London?

Edited by Mengish

What a coincidence Brickon!!! I will be in London for 2 weeks from next week on and of course I was searching for LEGO there and you came up with this pic .-) So it seems the wall of bricks list is correct. ı saw the same parts there, too. The Lego shop in Westfield is the first place I will visit :-)

How much is a big and a small cup by the way?

And any other PAB advice for London?

The large was £11.99 (with 75p off if you reuse) and I think the small was either £5.99 or 6.99... Can't remember. There were lots of regular bricks in colours I was not interested in and white doors and some windows. The one thing I wish I had got was the upside-down, slopey yellow bricks, 1x2 on bottom, 2x2 on top (no idea what they are really called so I like to use the same words I used as a kid!)

The build a minifig had some nice accessories too, if you you like that sort if thing, I was tempted to walk off with all the CMF captain's seagulls, but decided I had enough. Might be worth a look.

Thanks a lot, BrickOn!!!

I intend to buy some 6 large cups or so and I am interested in the minifig section as well. I will report my loot when I return!!

The one thing I wish I had got was the upside-down, slopey yellow bricks, 1x2 on bottom, 2x2 on top (no idea what they are really called so I like to use the same words I used as a kid!)

Are you talking about this?

3660.gif

From the store in Lille (France) :

ydApLRI.jpg

I was happy to find 1x2 brown plates, I needed these. Same for the 2x2 tan tiles already mentioned by others here.

Black headlight bricks can always be handly, nice to have these.

Detail of some parts not very visible :

5jtn0V8.jpg

I don't recall having already seen these tires & wheels in the PaB wall (even mentioned here)...

edit: spotted on a photo on a previous page, but not very visible

Edited by antp

Ah man, the nearest Lego Store with PaB to me is 120 miles away-but that drive is up a notorious stretch of awful roads in the UK called the A12. Therefore, it takes the best part of 2 and a half hours to get to Bluewater. The last time I went there (2007 I think) the PaB wall was pretty disappointing, as was the shop itself in all honesty. I'm gutted really, having spent the last 3 years re-building my childhood sets, I've paid a small fortune on Bricklink for parts: no doubt, for the simpler parts, this would have bee ideal!

Next time I'm that way I'll have to pop my head in and see what it's like. Anybody been to the Bluewater Lego store in the UK recently? I want to have a go at cramming: I'm pretty good with Pic 'n' Mix so hopefully some of the skills and techniques are transferrable! :laugh:

:: Edit ::

And, am I to assume that the content on the PaB walls changes too?

Edited by Danorak81

In my case it is a little over an hour on a quite good highway, and moreover the Lille PaB wall contents has always been satisfying.

The contents of the wall between stores often has a large similar contents, but there are still some store with more basic contents, changing less often, and some others with unique (or nearly) contents because they try to get parts that AFOL may like in the list from which they can order. The store in Lille is nice for that, as it seems to be in that latter category :)

The store in Wijnegem is a little closer, but the wall contents was quite similar between the times I went there (well, and I also go to Lille to have the French prices rather than Belgian prices, when they are lower).

Edited by antp

Just to clarify, are the new 1x2x2 transparent pieces bricks or panels? Either would be fine, but I want to get a crap ton with some 2x1s for some Train MOCs.

Are you talking about this?

3660.gif

yep, that one. To me that's an upside-down, slopey yellow brick :-)

Those panels are good - I've gotten dozens of them at PAB in the past.

I'm wondering if you guys are noting what you got and updating Wall Of Bricks to help out other people.

Snap a few cellphone pics and share the knowledge.