ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Are people seeing Horse elements at other LEGO stores? I may have to make a trip to my local store this weekend

Brown horses appeared on some PAB walls months ago but I've only seen them in person at the Schaumberg store during Brickworld.

Will be in Wijnechem (near Antwerp Belgium) the weekend, hope to find a nice collection on the wall.

You also get a discount if you bring your own (previously purchased) cup.

I'm going to Britain soon and I'm wondering if they give a bit refund of German PaB cups? They have the refund marked on them in German and in euros, but basically they are identical. Could someone ensure this?

I'm going to Britain soon and I'm wondering if they give a bit refund of German PaB cups? They have the refund marked on them in German and in euros, but basically they are identical. Could someone ensure this?

They do it for my German cups here in the US. I'm not sure if that gives me back the entire dollar's worth of refund, seeing as in Germany (when I got mine, at least) they said it was a 75 Eurocent refund, but it still goes through at the register.

Finally got my first PAB cups. Horrible drive to LEGO store in Watford, UK. 80 mile round trip took me 4 hours due to traffic. Anyway, I think it was worth it.

I filled two cups and used my VIP points to pay, so it only cost me £3.98 :) When I got home I calculated PAB web cost of my haul and I was amazed at how much I had picked up. The cost online for the contents of my 2 cups was £120!! Now I can see why these are such great value.

How often do the PAB walls normally get rotated stock?

Edited by Lankygit

I forgot to post this on they day I purchased them. I visited the Troy, Michigan Store and bought three large cups there on July 18th. The next day I went to Fairview Mall in Toronto and bought four large cups.

https://www.flickr.c...ublic/lightbox/

Great haul. I doubt you'll need more grass any time soon....or ever. :grin:

I filled two cups and used my VIP points to pay, so it only cost me £3.98 :) When I got home I calculated PAB web cost of my haul and I was amazed at how much I had picked up. The cost online for the contents of my 2 cups was £120!! Now I can see why these are such great value.

Out of interest what do Lego charge for a PAB cup in store?

£12 for a Large cup in the UK.

Then £11.24 if you reuse your cup.

With points I got the price down to £9.48 total.

I managed to pack 3485 pieces of vegetation, flowers, 1x1's, 2x2 tan flat tiles and some 160 assembly element 03.2 into 2 cups.

Retail cost would have been about £228.98.

So I saved about 96%. :grin:

I could probably have done even better if I packed in some higher cost items. :thumbup:

Sounds good, looks like I will have to plan a day trip to the Lego shop in Brighton over the school holidays. :sweet:

Edited by Bricky921

I went to my first official Lego store the other day, a 3 hour round trip to the one at the Metrocentre Gateshead/Newcastle, I was excited so see what kind of elements they'd have on the PAB wall and when I got there was a bit disappointed, for me the only worthwhile parts I got were a bunch of 1x1 green headlights, flowers, 1x1 trans-clear plates and 1x2 dark purple tiles, I filled one big cup full. I was hoping to pick up some leaf pieces but apparently they had ran out fairly recently and I was shocked to see how many bins were doubles, all in all I think I'll stick to Bricklink.

Edited by CptMugwash

Anyone know what the parts selection in Brighton UK is like at the moment for both PAB and BAM? I'm currently in the area for a bit, so I thought I'd pop in and see.

Unfortunely I don't have any close to me... :sad:

Also , do they sell Technic elements?

Also , do they sell Technic elements?

I wouldn't say never but personally I can't remember seeing technic elements so its rare at best.

It may have happened previously, but in the latest years where contents seem similar between stores, no Technic Element has been seen, as far as I remember.

Possible exception is when they dump parts of "broken" sets in the PaB wall, as I saw that in the Köln store. Not sure if they still do that (but not all stores do it).

It may have happened previously, but in the latest years where contents seem similar between stores, no Technic Element has been seen, as far as I remember.

Possible exception is when they dump parts of "broken" sets in the PaB wall, as I saw that in the Köln store. Not sure if they still do that (but not all stores do it).

When I was in the Oberhausen store in June they had one bin that had a total random mixture of elements. Lots looked like kids had built something from the elements in the wall, but other parts were elements not found on the wall. Guess those came from dismantled sets aswell.

Visited the store in Eastview Mall, Victor, NY:

20500895375_a398109ebe_c.jpg

Pretty much the same stuff everyone else has been finding, lots of good parts :classic:

LEGO Store in Watford, UK was stocking 2x2 tan and light grey tiles the other week. I got a lot of those!

I'd like to post a "me too" about the Sugarloaf Mills store in GA. The Wall Of Bricks site is woefully out of date. It's one of those "if I ran TLG" things that I'd make sure we had an up-to-date site like that, but then that's why I don't run a billion dollar company. I know they want me to go in the store so I'll buy something else, but I can't run there all the time to see what's new.

Soccerkid, what is that dark shiny gunmetal looking something in the fourth pot from the left on the back row?

Are they flat round 1x1 tiles in silver?

Stopped by today and got a cup full of mostly green 2x1 plate hinges to make some trees come Christmastime.

I also threw in the odds and ends from the shelf near the wall. At my store there are always has a bunch of random things, from dismantled display sets to parts from the BAMF (ahem, Build-A-Minifigure) bins that kids have dragged over. I know they technically aren't supposed to be there, but I have asked the cashiers and they encouraged me to take it (probably so they don't have to sort through it themselves!) I would never put anything there intentionally, but when I find stuff I take advantage of it :classic:. Today's find was an Airjitsu spinner, minus the propeller part.

Are they flat round 1x1 tiles in silver?

Probably; my store has had them for a few weeks.