ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Those masonry bricks are a diamond-in-the-rough with the PaB wall. I was lucky enough to have gotten a bunch when it was just poured...the next day they were all gone, and had no more in the back.

I just picked up the following:

20 - 6x8 Green plates (nice surprise)

30 - 4x4 Dark Grey plates

and a bunch of bamboo and plant stalks to fill the gaps in a large PaB cup.

I hear word on the street that the new parts are themed and to change monthly to different themes... So far, looks pretty bleak with city, except for the bley wings. I do like that the medium sized wheels are now available though, I plan to grab some. I wonder what it'll look like once they decide to, say, incorporate friends colors... maybe we'll see cool yellow and lt aqua bricks! I can only hope.

I picked up two cups of medium lavender 1x2 plates. My wall had been stocked with all of last year's goodies, 1x2 tiles in trans blue, light pink, lime, the 1x4 dk pink brick, 2x2 lt bley tile, 1x1 round lt bley tile, 1x2 bricks in medium blue and dark red and the like.

I also saw the trans yellow plate and the trans (red?) cone. Those had stickers around their drawers on the brick wall saying that brick was perfect for starwars or goes well with city. But those were the only signs of the themed bricks people here have been talking about.

Can't tell what is on that wall except for the themed labels around the bins. What are the parts?

These are the same that are now in the Murray, Utah store. Last I saw we didn't have quite this many bins labeled and was told there would be more added over the next few days.

PAB wall reset

13647927174_9de0733260_c.jpg

Top row: space ship windshield (trans black), right or left 6x3 wedges (light blay), aircraft engines (black), medium wheel hubs, 1x1 round plate (pink), large tires 2 studs wide.

2nd row: aircraft 1/2 stud wide tires, plant with 3 leafs, 2x2 axles (light blay), 1x4 plate axles (Black), small wheel hubs, not sure but may be a V shaped plate (black)

3rd row: right or left 6x3 wedges (light blay), not sure (black), 1x1 round plate (trans med blue), air plane tails (white), 1x1 brick 5 studs (black), (trans clear) possible more 1x1 plates.

4th row: airplane propeller (black), 1x1 trans clear plates, antenna (black and light blay), 1x2 tile (lime green), Cone (trans red), cone (trans blue)

13686263335_e048967f64_c.jpg

Here is a photo of what I grabbed from these parts that were listed from my cup I picked up on Friday.

Edited by stevkir

Click on the pic which will take you to Flickr and then you can view the larger pics to identify them all.

AC

I went to the London Westfield store on Tuesday and the Market research folks were in Store testing a New concept for the PAB wall. My son and I were happy to test the concept and answer questions. In short there was a model similar to the Monthly mini-buil, in the case a small crocodile, in a plastic case similar to the build a minifig case, with a cardboard insert. The insert detailed all the parts you needed to collect, and all the parts were available in ample qualities in the PAB wall. Parts included the new Mixel single stud tile eyes, headlights, 2 brick curve slopes, 4 wide curves and many other parts I had never seen in the PAB before. This took a large area in the centre of the main wall. Both my wife and my son made a crocodile set up while I talked to Lindsay from the Market research team. She asked myself and my son lots of questions about our PAB buying habits. We gave her the following opinions:

The parts don't refresh often enough in the walls - it's quite often the same parts for months at a time - if it was refreshed more regularly we would visit more often.

We don't buy 2x4 bricks in PAB, we look for a variety of parts, particularly rarer items.

There's no point having tyres and no hubs to match!

Co-ordinate colours - I pointed at some lavender 2x1 plates, and pointed out that there was nothing else even remotely like that colour or part. Whilst it was a great part and I had some it would be great to have a variety of other items in the same colour.

The parts selection was very exciting, the only drawback being that we weren't allowed to buy any of the parts in the new model selection. We said that we would definitely be interested in such a concept, and I would certainly buy both complete mini models and put parts in my PAB cup. We were asked about price we would pay etc, and I got the impression that the intention would be that the model offered in the PAB would be changed on a regular basis, keeping the parts selection fresher than it is now.

Has anyone else seen this at any other stores this week?

^That's a neat idea. But you can only buy those pieces to complete the model? I'm sure there would be highly sought after parts that would fill many PAB cups over instead of only getting the one or two needed for the mini build.

^That's a neat idea. But you can only buy those pieces to complete the model? I'm sure there would be highly sought after parts that would fill many PAB cups over instead of only getting the one or two needed for the mini build.

Nothing was suggested but the parts were in the normal bins, so I suspect that the parts would be able to be bought in cups also. It would only become a problem once the supply started to run low at the end of the time period of the particular model.

I went to the London Westfield store on Tuesday and the Market research folks were in Store testing a New concept for the PAB wall. My son and I were happy to test the concept and answer questions. In short there was a model similar to the Monthly mini-build, in the case a small crocodile, in a plastic case similar to the build a minifig case, with a cardboard insert. The insert detailed all the parts you needed to collect, and all the parts were available in ample qualities in the PAB wall. Parts included the new Mixel single stud tile eyes, headlights, 2 brick curve slopes, 4 wide curves and many other parts I had never seen in the PAB before. This took a large area in the centre of the main wall. Both my wife and my son made a crocodile set up while I talked to Lindsay from the Market research team.

Any crocodile pics? or instruction pics?

Thanks,

C

Any crocodile pics? or instruction pics?

Thanks,

C

No sorry,

There were signs up informing customers that the market research team were there, filming, and please not to take any photos.

I went to the LEGO store and wanted to get a PAB cup, but I ended up not buying one because there was too much to choose from, and had no idea for a MOC at the time (now I do). In fact, I ended up buying a set and got an idea as soon as I finished :/ Tips for Lego store first-timers:

• If you want to buy a PAB cup, make sure you know what you want.
  • Get everything you want before you leave.
  • Think of a MOC to build if you have no idea and really want a PAB cup.

I went to the LEGO store and wanted to get a PAB cup, but I ended up not buying one because there was too much to choose from, and had no idea for a MOC at the time (now I do). In fact, I ended up buying a set and got an idea as soon as I finished :/ Tips for Lego store first-timers:

• If you want to buy a PAB cup, make sure you know what you want.
  • Get everything you want before you leave.
  • Think of a MOC to build if you have no idea and really want a PAB cup.

Filling a cup for the first doesn't need any reason :D

Filling a cup for the first doesn't need any reason :D

Exactly!

But never ever do that again...

;-)

Holland still doesn't have an official Lego-store (and we probably never will) but, imho, we have something better... A store that sells Lego with an at least permanent 20% discount and carry almost every set imaginable. They even have several unopend boxes from the 70's and 80's. And Lego toycars from the 50's...

Next to a wall with small packages containing certain pieces with an avarage of 10 pcs for 1 euro, they now have sort of a pick a brick wall. Bad thing is... In the end it tends to be kinda expensive with bricks for a certain price. (for example: 1x2 tan plate for 4 eurocents and a 1x2 sandyellow masonry brick for 15 eurocents) But the good thing is, you end up with only the bricks you need. At least I did.

I went to the beautiful city of Delft (The Netherlands) and didn't expect so much parts that I really need for a moc I'm building at the moment. Especially the masonrybricks and 1x4 brown tiles.

I know on the picture it doesn't seem like much, but mind you, there are 70+ masonrybricks in the upper leftcorner...!

lego_pab_delft.jpg

Oh, and I got 3 minifigs I never thought I ever would come across for a reasonable price...

So I went home a very happy man. :classic:

Edited by B Rick

I have 3 LEGO stores sort of close to me that i stop by on my weekend drives. I ALWAYS at least get 2 PAB large cups :grin: But IN my city we have an indypendent LEGO store that is super awesome! It has any & everything you could ever want!

Brighton, UK has a fairly wide selection of pink and purple bricks at the moment. Not much else interesting.

Some rare parts in the build a minifigure stand though- found several of the falcon shield from Kingdoms Joust.

Some rare parts in the build a minifigure stand though- found several of the falcon shield from Kingdoms Joust.

That's a nice surprise! I'll check at my store, Falcon parts would be great!

If anyone else sees falcon parts please say. That way we know it wasn't damaged box pieces being redistributed.

In my bam area I found some friends guitars, the financial news tile from the cmf businessman and some silver microphones that I hadn't seen there before. So I bought one because I also wanted the alien conquest torsos they had (navy business man's suit and the red news reporter's jacket)

A couple things that popped up in the Cincinnati, OH store today

bright green 6x12 plates

tan 1x2 log bricks

white1x2 bricks with clip

not a lot else new on the wall there besides what I picked up last time

Edited by beatpoet