ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I'm going to go to the Lego store in Troy, Michigan :excited: this weekend and brickbuildr and Wall of Brick's data on the PAB wall are relatively old, So I was wondering if anyone had any recent information on the wall. Thanks

Oddly I was at Troy store just recently.

sam_0258.jpg

There were lots of green parts this month, and it happens that build of the month is mostly green. Of real interest are the 6x8 green plates, I cleaned the wall of that part :laugh: Total spent was $65 before tax and before $15 discount

pab_3_3_2014.jpg

I have the note for the PAB wall and I'll update Wall of Bricks shortly.

Edited by Lego Otaku

12808392025_1dd7ab4116.jpg

It's (sadly :cry_sad:) not mine, a guy from the SwissLUG took this picture. Anyway, I thougth it would be fun to share here.

12808392025_1dd7ab4116.jpg

It's (sadly :cry_sad:) not mine, a guy from the SwissLUG took this picture. Anyway, I thougth it would be fun to share here.

He could quite clearly have fit more in there. :wink:

Total spent was $65 before tax and before $15 discount

pab_3_3_2014.jpg

That's a nice score for sure, and impressive when you analyze the pricing like that. But lets be honest, your numbers are heavily schewed by the last two line items which literally were "filler". ~8000 trans-blue 1x1 round plates really are a useless item, IMO. (and nobody in their right mind would actually buy 1x1 round or square plates by the thousands, especially paying lego 10 cents a piece for them).

That's a nice score for sure, and impressive when you analyze the pricing like that. But lets be honest, your numbers are heavily schewed by the last two line items which literally were "filler". ~8000 trans-blue 1x1 round plates really are a useless item, IMO. (and nobody in their right mind would actually buy 1x1 round or square plates by the thousands, especially paying lego 10 cents a piece for them).

Heavily skewed? If you count the blue plates, the LEGO PAB cost is 2.9 times the BrickLink cost. If you don't count the blue plates, the LEGO PAB cost is 2.4 times the BrickLink cost. This isn't a huge difference at all. Those blue plates are 80% of the part count - yet the remaining 20% of parts account for far more of the difference.

Also, Lego Otaku said s/he spent only $65, which makes the difference even starker.

Finally, would anybody in their 'right mind' buy any bricks from the LEGO online PAB in the proportions they do from in-store PAB walls? That's 340 1x2 grill bricks at $0.15 each, or 290 1x4 tiles at 0.20 each. There's no clear reason to exclude one element or another; being complete is the best for comparative purposes.

Heavily skewed? If you count the blue plates, the LEGO PAB cost is 2.9 times the BrickLink cost. If you don't count the blue plates, the LEGO PAB cost is 2.4 times the BrickLink cost. This isn't a huge difference at all. Those blue plates are 80% of the part count - yet the remaining 20% of parts account for far more of the difference.

Also, Lego Otaku said s/he spent only $65, which makes the difference even starker.

Finally, would anybody in their 'right mind' buy any bricks from the LEGO online PAB in the proportions they do from in-store PAB walls? That's 340 1x2 grill bricks at $0.15 each, or 290 1x4 tiles at 0.20 each. There's no clear reason to exclude one element or another; being complete is the best for comparative purposes.

I don't disagree with what you're saying at all. (And I wasn't really focused on the bricklink vs. PAB costs). My point was intended to be more from the "OMG look I bought $1200 worth of lego for only $65!!". While that's technically true, devil's advocate is just the point that "yeah sure, but ~$900 of that is useless filler crap so really you got ~ $300-ish worth for $65". Still great at the end of the day, just depends how you want to look at it.

Due to some travel conditions, I had to have a friend fill up my holliday box for me. He did pretty well...

31 transred 1x1 plates

29 transred gems

4 brown 2x2 round plate with handles

11 dark green 1x1 brick

55 dark grey 1x1 brick

1 light grey bar ladder with clips

31 dark grey 1x1 tile with clip

10 light grey 1x1 tile with clip

42 light grey hinge control stick w/ black handle

18 clear 1x1 slope

195 olive green 1x1 slope

105 pearl gold 1x2 grille tile

3 red 4x6 plate

1 black 4x4 plate

4 1x3 brown plate

47 clear 1x2 brick

5 midblue 1x2 brick

1 tan 2x4 brick

9 darkgrey 2x4 brick

17 light grey 2x4 brick

12 light grey 1x3 brick

10 black 1x4 brick

1 lime 1x1 brick

10 1x2x5 brick

7 white 1x2 grille brick

13 white 1x2 brick with handle

4 white picket fence

26 white 1x2 panel

pab020314a.jpg

pab020314b.jpg

I'm sure gald he filled it up when he did. When I was able to go on the 2nd, I was only able to find a few things I liked....but I got a lot of them!

10 White 1x2 brick

24 Tan 1x2 plates

59 Dark grey wheel wells

799 Yellow jumper plates

pab020314f.jpg

so that's what almost 800 jumper plates looks like.

Went to the Cincinnati store a couple days ago.

picked up a bunch of 1x2 reddish brown log bricks

also grabbed some 2 x 8 black bricks, 2 x 6 blue bricks, 1x6 red bricks, 2x2 red tiles and 1x2 lime tiles

My first PAB. I got flower stems but forgot flowers, in part because the Lego employee brought out some blue translucent 1x2 tiles and I forgot about everything else after that. I didn't count out how many pieces and of what I got, but I had a lot of fun.

photo1_zps5f7af16a.jpg

photo3_zpsbb6735a7.jpg

Edited by Herbnosis

I was down at Water Tower Place in Chicago the other day, and they had lt. bley grille bricks and dk. red 1x2 bricks, which sorely tempted me. I don't need any, but if any of you do, keep it in mind!

post-121885-0-33874200-1394281236_thumb.jpgNewbie here, both to this site and to Lego, but have bought lots in the last two months. Visited Bluewater in UK yesterday and bought two cups. Not a great variety in the wall but they had several with a whole mishmash thrown in. Ending up taking nearly two hours to fill the two cups.

This topic makes me really wish that I had a Lego store in my state.

This topic makes me really wish that I had a Lego store in my country :tongue:

The next state may be further from him than the next country in your case :grin:

(aren't the Belgian & German shops close enough to you for a trip from time to time?)

For me, it's just over 300 miles to the nearest Lego store. Not impossible, but not quick. I'm hoping to make a trip there in a few months. As a new collector of Lego, PAB would be a lifesaver to start a collection of bricks for MOC's. I was going to purchase some random loose bricks from Shop at Home, but the price gets crazy pretty quickly.

True that 1x1 blue plates and 1x1 red tiles are really filler but with larger pieces there's often lots of little spaces wasted so I just filled them in. IOW those last 2 lines are basically "free" fillers just to reduce the wasted empty spaces.

It did take me a lot of time picking 1x1 tiles from inside 2x4 bricks. I didn't pack it that way but that's how the parts settled when I shuffled it to pack a little more.

It did take me a lot of time picking 1x1 tiles from inside 2x4 bricks.

Having a pin or knife blade handy can help with that.

I'm going to the LEGO store in sacramento this weekend, You guys have NO idea how excited I am for my FIRST PAB cup!!!!! :grin: Moc city, here I come!!!

That's when PaB addiction kicks in - You have been fair warned you'll want to return again and again! ha-ha