ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I made a visit to the Orlando lego store yesterday, and came away (Not counting) with these parts:

1x2 brick brick in light gray

Magenta 1x2 plate

purple 1x2 tile

pink 1x4 brick

trans-light blue 1x2 tile

1x1 stud in purple

1x1 stud in pink

sand-green cheese slopes

pearl-gold 1x1 cones

1x1 bricks in dark green

and the wierd ivy pieces that everyone seems to want in light green.

EDIT: 2x2 cone piecies with clips on four side in reddish brown!?

Orlando's the place to go, nice pieces... Too bad I won't be up there for Festival this year... well... because there's no GFLUG display thanks to the company's ego... but that's off base.

Magenta 1x2 plate... hmmm..... Maybe you mean Md. Lavender? see my post from above reply#1006.

I'm waiting till the day I can get Bley 1x2, masonry or plain, and the 2x2 tile. The brown piece is interesting too and I'm still waiting on the TrLtBlue tile.

Seems that west coast stores are starting to get similar inventory.

Went in last night and picked up a cup jammed full of 1x4 pink bricks, 1x2 purple plates, different assortment of tires tropical tree leaves(!!), and a myriad of other goodies I can't even remember at the moment. The employees were telling me the store got 41(!) plallets of stuff, and that their PAB wall was changing, quite literally, daily.

Going to be a good month.

Seems that west coast stores are starting to get similar inventory.

Went in last night and picked up a cup jammed full of 1x4 pink bricks, 1x2 purple plates, different assortment of tires tropical tree leaves(!!), and a myriad of other goodies I can't even remember at the moment. The employees were telling me the store got 41(!) plallets of stuff, and that their PAB wall was changing, quite literally, daily.

Going to be a good month.

What store?

What store?

NiceMarmot,

Murray, Utah store.

Jay,

I was in the store to pick up some of the items you listed yesterday and I mentioned you. Sounds like they know you very well at the store.

Jay,

I was in the store to pick up some of the items you listed yesterday and I mentioned you. Sounds like they know you very well at the store.

That's what happens when you and your wife spend 2 hours at the store stacking an AFOL cup. We're popular. :D

Sadly, I don't think I'll be up there again until the morning of the 23rd (woohoo!), which kind of disappoints me. The 30 minute drive tends to get a little cumbersome going through rush hour traffic. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for any new wall updates. Couldn't believe what I saw when I was in there Saturday.. Pretty sick.

The Santa Clara store received 4 boxes of the masonry bricks today.

That's what happens when you and your wife spend 2 hours at the store stacking an AFOL cup. We're popular. :D

Sadly, I don't think I'll be up there again until the morning of the 23rd (woohoo!), which kind of disappoints me. The 30 minute drive tends to get a little cumbersome going through rush hour traffic. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for any new wall updates. Couldn't believe what I saw when I was in there Saturday.. Pretty sick.

I live in Taylorsville so it's only a 10-15 minute drive for me. I tend to swing by the store 1-2 times a week. You also tend to have better connections as I couldn't get access to the purple 1x2 plates and they were not on the wall. Wanted to get the pink and purple pieces for my girls. I did however fill up half the cup with palm leaves and a good part of the rest of the cup with the 1x4 pink bricks.

The wife and I hit the store today. Busiest I've ever seen it.

First thing we saw was the local LUG getting ready for their meeting by dominating the PAB counter filling up several cups. We turned around and left. Neither of us can stand those guys and their condescending attitudes.

On the plus side, several gems had showed up on the wall this time around. The big winner: 2x2 light gray tiles. Picked up an entire cup. Other neat-os of note were the light pink 1x2 bricks, white picket fences, 6x16 dark gray plates, 6x6 dark gray plates, 1x4 reddish brown ribbed bricks, and 1x2 tan bricks. We walked out with two very full cups totaling 1225 pieces. 2.4 cents each. Not bad.

One week to go -- next week's going to be expensive.

I was a little disappointed with the salt lake store today. One of the employees told me they don't check the back for customers on the PAB wall on the weekends as they are too busy. I told them thanks, as I drive in from Nevada and will never be able to come any time but weekends. Still way to many pastel 2x4 bricks IMO.

I was a little disappointed with the salt lake store today. One of the employees told me they don't check the back for customers on the PAB wall on the weekends as they are too busy. I told them thanks, as I drive in from Nevada and will never be able to come any time but weekends. Still way to many pastel 2x4 bricks IMO.

Salt Lake was, as I've said, the busiest I've ever seen it today since it opened. Rumor was they were doing about $1k an hour. In the 30 minutes I was there, I easily saw that go through the register. Pretty crazy day in there. If I were you, I'd just hang around the PAB wall for a few minutes and wait to see what they put out (they can't have empty spots on the wall, and someone's always filling it). That's all I do. Works out well.

On the plus side, several gems had showed up on the wall this time around. The big winner: 2x2 light gray tiles. Picked up an entire cup. Other neat-os of note were the light pink 1x2 bricks, white picket fences, 6x16 dark gray plates, 6x6 dark gray plates, 1x4 reddish brown ribbed bricks, and 1x2 tan bricks. We walked out with two very full cups totaling 1225 pieces. 2.4 cents each. Not bad.

Yeah, those 2x2 tiles are great! I picked up a cup of those a few weeks ago. Looking forward to SNOTting those on castle walls. Just need some 1x1 bricks with studs on the side to show up on our wall. Haven't seen the 6x16 DBG plates for a while; those are very handy, although they take up a lot of room in the PAB cup.

I'm not in Salt Lake, but our two local stores seem pretty friendly about looking in the back, except if they're mobbed on the weekends (which is more likely at the Santa Clara store). I've found that after a few trips to the store, the employees start to recognize you and are more willing to go search for things in the back. Usually the Hillsdale store staff will wheel out the entire cart and show me all the boxes. Santa Clara is less likely to do this, although they'll usually look in the back if you tell them what you're looking for. Unless it's a total mob scene in the store, which it probably will be every weekend until the new year.

Going to make another quick stop at the SLC store today to see what they may have gotten stocked again. They had 3or 4 empty bins for several hours yesterday. Then back to Nevada. Hopefully ill get back in again this year, but paying the gas just to come really offsets any savings of the PaB wall.

Salt Lake was, as I've said, the busiest I've ever seen it today since it opened. Rumor was they were doing about $1k an hour. In the 30 minutes I was there, I easily saw that go through the register. Pretty crazy day in there. If I were you, I'd just hang around the PAB wall for a few minutes and wait to see what they put out (they can't have empty spots on the wall, and someone's always filling it). That's all I do. Works out well.

Just eyeballing the 90 minutes I was there, I'd say about 5 or 6k an hour on Saturday. At which point It seems like a management error to not have an additional staff purely for the PaB wall.

Having worked retail management in the past I give them a break for being new, but they are going to be miserable through Christmas is they keep the store staffed the same way. Plus you will lose your own employes in the process.

10907665613_76678b787e.jpg

From the store in Manchester, didn't go for anything specifically but found some useful looking pieces. Their store always seems like a great place for getting plates.

bricks.jpg

Picked up two large cups at the Cincinnati store and here's everything I picked up matched with the number in the photo. A few of the items like the chairs, windshields and black plates/wings, I only got a few of. Seemed like they emptied an entire box of the right wing pieces and only a handful of the left wing pieces in there or I would've picked up a lot more of those than I did. There were also some tan plates, small wheels, the bigger yellow flowers and 2x4 bricks in a bunch of other colors, seemed like the bottom two rows were mostly 2x4 bricks.

1 black plate 4x10

2 black plate 4x8

3 black plate 4x6

4 black plate 4x4

5 light gray brick 2x4

6 tan brick 2x4

7 dark gray brick 2x4

8 red seat

9 white brick 1x8

10 blue tile 1x8

11 blue brick 1x2

12 yello2 brick 1x2

13 transparent windshield

14 transparent slope 2x2

15 light gray bracket 5x2x2 1/3 w/inside stud holder

16 light gray hinges

17 black left plate 2x4 with angle

18 black right plate 2x4 with angle

19 green tile 1x4

20 brown tile 1x4

21 lime green brick 1x1

22 tan corner plate 1x2x2

23 purple tile 1x2

24 pink tile 1x2

25 bamboo

26 red flowerheads

27 flower stalks

28 translucent brick 1x2

29 gold grille 1x2

30 red tile 2x2

31 yellow plate 1x4

32 green brick 1x3

33 dark green translucent round brick 1x1

34 red tile 1x1

35 pink round plate 1x1

36 purple round plate 1x1

37 red translucent round brick 1x1

38 gold cone 1x1

39 red translucent diamond

40 dark blue translucent cone 1x1

41 red plate 2x4

Just eyeballing the 90 minutes I was there, I'd say about 5 or 6k an hour on Saturday. At which point It seems like a management error to not have an additional staff purely for the PaB wall.

Having worked retail management in the past I give them a break for being new, but they are going to be miserable through Christmas is they keep the store staffed the same way. Plus you will lose your own employes in the process.

They had 6 people on staff when I was there. The store manager was telling me she just hired 5 more. They're doing enough business that the company will pay to have up to 8 people on the floor right now during the weekends. Insane.

Utah mentality is different from the rest of the country. I think we sell more Legos here than they do in Denmark, because that's pretty much all there is for kids to do here. The store has been that busy from the soft opening, and it just hasn't let up. And the parents here are also insanely cheap -- if you ever want tips on how to fit as many pieces as you can into a PAB cup, watch a Utah mommy fill one. No matter how good you are, they'll put you to shame.

I picked up some light bley 2x2 in Chicago this summer. I only grabbed a handful since I actually prefer the dark bley 2x2 which I've never seen anywhere before.

I haven't been to a wall since June though since I live so far away from any of them. Per brickbuildr I haven't seen too many good pieces at my closest store, so that works out.

11/7/2013 Woodfield Mall Shaumburg Il

258 Trans Light Blue Tile 1x2

140 White Inverted slope 2x2

51 Green Bamboo 1x1

54 black 2x3 plates with 1 hole

306 Clear 1x1 round plate

8 Bley 1x4 brick

2 blue 1x2 brick

1 white 1x3 brick

3 yellow 2x2 brick

1 red 2x2 brick

2 tan 1x2 plate

1 tan 1x4 plate

Stopped in at the Lego store in Columbus while I was up that way. Here's a few of the things I got there:

Found the cheese slopes in olive green, trans clear and trans orange

trans light blue tile 1x2s

light gray ladders with the clips

trans black 1x2 bricks

round white 2x2 bricks with grille

lime green 1x2 tiles

green 6x8 plates

dark gray 4x4 plates

white 4x6 plates

1x4 bricks in black, light gray, green, lime green and red

red 2x8 plates

light gray 2x12 plates

medium lavender 1x2 plates

black 1x4 antennas

black plate 1x2 with handle (2450)

red 1x3 slopes

green and tan 1x2 slopes

Edited by beatpoet

Managed to snag some brick bricks and olive cheese at the Tigard, Oregon Store. After I finished packing the cup I was filling, someone bought the rest of the box of brick bricks that was brought out.

Other parts of interest I noticed were

1x2 trans-clear bricks

trans-blue cone rounds

2x2 white jumper plates (single stud top)

and 1x2 purple tiles

Did a new personal best yesterday by smooshing 511 pieces into a small cup. Lots of 1x2s -- glorious, glorious tan/white 1x2s. Now if my store would just start getting more long tan bricks, I'd be in heaven.. One of these days I need to finish building this Ice Cream Shop :P

Stopped at the Lego Store at the Christiana Mall in Delaware today (which is a great shop to go to purely because it's in a no-sales tax state). I filled a small PAB cup and a Holiday Bauble, which is a pain to load up. Some of the gems I got:

- Lime green 1 x 1 rounds

- Lime green 1 x 2 plates

- 2 x 2 black axle plates (which is AWESOME, because all I ever find are the stupid 1 x 4 axles that I loathe)

- Tires and wheels for said axles

- White flowers and stems

- 2 x 4 dark bley bricks

- 2 x 2 light bley tiles

- 6 x 6 dark bley plates

- 1 x 3 dark bley bricks

- 1 x 2 control panel plates

- 1 x 2 x 5 white bricks

- 1 x 3 white bricks

- 1 x 3 yellow bricks

- 1 x 10 white bricks (!!!)

- 1 x 4 yellow plates

- 1 x 3 AND 1 x 4 red bricks (I never find complementary bricks in different lengths)

- Red rubies

- 1 x 1 trans green cylinders

- 4 x 6 light tan plates

Now to figure out what MOC item is going in our bauble....