ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Got all this from 3 small cups and one large:

9207665615_33c7a8c4c1_o.jpg

List of pieces: tan 1x3 bricks, tan 2x4 bricks, tan 1x2 palisade bricks, tan 4x6 plates, bley 2x4 bricks, bley 1x4 bricks, bley 1x2 grill bricks, clear 1x2 plates, clear 1x1 plate rounds, clear 1x2 bricks, light blue 1x2 bricks, white flowers, purple 1x2 tiles, and grass stalks. A grand total of 2279 pieces at 1.7 cents a piece :classic:

Was the 70402 box in the large cup, or in one of the small ones ? :D

I hope that these purple tiles will still be available next time I go to the shop (as they seem to be available in several shops, including the one I'll go)

Edited by antp

Is there a site / topic that shows which bricks a certain store has? Because I'm planning to go to Germany but I want to know if there's a store that has the bricks I can use for my MOC's. (Brown, green, grey, tree stuff etc. Historical stuff)

^ try BrickBuildr's iPAB, or thelegowall.com. Of course, they both rely on people keeping them up to date, so don't forget to take your camera! ;)

Cardiff currently has some wacky coloures, Pink, Purple, orange, lime green, mostly to look nice, I tried purchasing a box from the store room but the staff were unfamiliar with the concept will have to try the manager next time.

Was the 70402 box in the large cup, or in one of the small ones ? :D

I hope that these purple tiles will still be available next time I go to the shop (as they seem to be available in several shops, including the one I'll go)

I wish I could have fit the set in one of the cups :laugh:

One of the workers said they had put the purple tiles out only the day before I was there :classic:

For no other reason, than it seemed like a good idea at the time, I have decided to visit each of the UK Lego Stores (currently that is 12) and plunder the PaBs....

Starting on

Mon 22/7 - Sheffield and Liverpool

Tue 23/7 - Leeds and Glasgow

Wed 24/7 - Manchester, Cardiff and London Westfield

Thu 25/7 - Brighton, Bluewater (Kent) and London Stratford

and finally

Fri 26/7 - Watford and Milton Keynes

I suppose I could have stretched it out a bit more, but a week is all I could spare at the moment.

I will be travelling by train to all destinations, so that's another bonus ! Roughly speaking about 1200 miles and 22 hours staring out the window....

I shall be keeping my blog updated on a daily basis and be posting a summary here on my return.

So if you happen to be in the vicinity and see a weary chap with a large bag of "rattle", say hello...

Starting on

Mon 22/7 - Sheffield and Liverpool

Tue 23/7 - Leeds and Glasgow

Wed 24/7 - Manchester, Cardiff and London Westfield

Thu 25/7 - Brighton, Bluewater (Kent) and London Stratford

and finally

Fri 26/7 - Watford and Milton Keynes

Wow, what a keen idea. I await the multitude of photos and write-ups!

Edited by TheWarden

CamelBoy.

That sounds like quite an adventure! Hope that you can take a couple of large rolling bags to hold your loot.

Are you in training for this physical challenge? Bet you will be in good physical shape before it ends! Any chance you can run through the Park at Windsor on this trip, or do you live nearby? The Park PAB's seem to have the best selection from what I hear.

Happy travels!

Is there a site / topic that shows which bricks a certain store has? Because I'm planning to go to Germany but I want to know if there's a store that has the bricks I can use for my MOC's. (Brown, green, grey, tree stuff etc. Historical stuff)

Hi

the site i use for german stores is this:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/

I have been in Munich, Cologne and Berlin. They had more or less the same.

Dino

Hi Legogal,

Any chance you can run through the Park at Windsor on this trip, or do you live nearby?

Unfortunately, not this time, just the stores. I live in East Northamptonshire, so popping in is not an option... :angry:

As a "packer & stacker" I should be quite adept at filling the tubs... :wink:

A successful road trip to Kansas City and I bagged the following in 2 PAB cups

470 2 x 2 Lt Blue Grey Plates, 3068

141 1 x 4 Brick Drk Red Brown, 3010

299 1 x 3 Brick White, 3622

29 1 x 8 Tile White, 4162

26 Green Plant Brick, Round 1 x 1 with 3 Bamboo Leaves, 30176

Let the MOC'ing begin!

Has anyone seen the 1x1 round tiles on a wall in the US?

It depends on what color you are looking for. I found lime green, light trans blue, dark trans blue and trans clear at the Chicago-Water Tower Place store about a month ago. Since I flew there, I only grabbed a few cups, but I knew I should have filled more cups of them.

Edit: Sorry, I misread. You said TILES, I read it as plates. Haha, then, on that note, no I haven't seen 1x1 round TILES anywhere yet.

Edited by TheLegoDr

There are 4 lego stores within 1 hour of me. I finally went to the last one that close and it was my first time seeing gray 1x3. Bought a box since I thought they would be extremely useful to have. Anyone know if this was a good buy? I'm still new to MOCs and still haven't really made anything, but I'm always in the planning phase... I wonder if I need to get 1x4 gray? I bet 1x2 and 1x1 of gray will be my next boxes I buy if I can ever find them...

So far, I have got about 15 cups and 3 k boxes. boxes were Dark gray 1x2, dark gray 1x2 palisade, 1x3 gray. all 3 from different lego stores, all 3 stores were awesome and let me fill up the rest of the box because of the empty room they come with.

So far, I have got about 15 cups and 3 k boxes. boxes were Dark gray 1x2, dark gray 1x2 palisade, 1x3 gray. all 3 from different lego stores, all 3 stores were awesome and let me fill up the rest of the box because of the empty room they come with.

There was a thread somewhere on this forum about different strategies for packing the PAB Cups. It's definitely worth checking out.

Another thing to bear in mind is that if you reuse your cups (take them back to the Shop with the Lid) then there's a slight discount (about 3%). And don't forget to sign up for the Lego VIP Card as well to get an additional discount on subsequent purchases (one you've accrued enough points).

Oh, and as Darth Dino mentioned use this link to check the status of various PAB walls http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/

I've just searched for the PAB packing thread and apparently it's this one! Check out the first posting (36 pages ago)

Edited by eurotrash

There was a thread somewhere on this forum about different strategies for packing the PAB Cups. It's definitely worth checking out.

Another thing to bear in mind is that if you reuse your cups (take them back to the Shop with the Lid) then there's a slight discount (about 3%). And don't forget to sign up for the Lego VIP Card as well to get an additional discount on subsequent purchases (one you've accrued enough points).

Oh, and as Darth Dino mentioned use this link to check the status of various PAB walls http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/

I've just searched for the PAB packing thread and apparently it's this one! Check out the first posting (36 pages ago)

ohyeah, I've been using those strategies. I just don't see myself standing there for hours and hours doing it with 1x2 bricks. thanks for the info!

Since this is THE topic for PAB, I'll refrain form making another one:

In a few days I'll have the chance to visit LEGO store in Munchen and MAYBE in Koln. Can any local member recommend any of the two Munchen stores based on PAB choice, because I'll probably only be able to visit one of them? Also, any rare colors/parts there these days I could count on?

I'm local (according to your location, and not Lego stores). :grin: There's a link to PAB wall around the world, and they're usually well updated. However, keep in mind that some bricks can change on a daily basis.

I visited only Munich's stores, and I'd suggest visiting both, if possible. Using the metrolines can get you from on to the other in about 40 minutes. The selection is similar in both stores, but it very much depends on what your looking for.

Since this is THE topic for PAB, I'll refrain form making another one:

In a few days I'll have the chance to visit LEGO store in Munchen and MAYBE in Koln. Can any local member recommend any of the two Munchen stores based on PAB choice, because I'll probably only be able to visit one of them? Also, any rare colors/parts there these days I could count on?

I'm local (according to your location, and not Lego stores). :grin: There's a linkto PAB wall around the world, and they're usually well updated. However, keep in mind that some bricks can change on a daily basis.

I visited only Munich's stores, and I'd suggest visiting both, if possible. Using the metrolines can get you from on to the other in about 40 minutes. The selection is similar in both stores, but it very much depends on what your looking for.

Thanks for the answer :laugh: I've checked Brickbuildr and TheLEGOwall.com, but both are rather unupdated for European stores. I'll try visiting both, but it'll depend on the time spent in the city, because we're actually going towards Netherlands.

Thanks for the answer :laugh: I've checked Brickbuildr and TheLEGOwall.com, but both are rather unupdated for European stores. I'll try visiting both, but it'll depend on the time spent in the city, because we're actually going towards Netherlands.

No matter if they are not really up to date, I never completely relied on what is shown here. Even if the data have not been updated for weeks, chances are you might still find some of those on the wall, especially the most ordinary bricks.

And after all, half the fun of PAB is the expectation what are you going to find there, so sometimes it's better not to know beforehand what is actually in the boxes. :laugh:

Very true. I went to the Water Tower Place store in Chicago last month and the brickbuildr website was vastly different than what was available. It was a nice surprise to see what I could get. Many different pieces than I was used to at the Overland Park store.

One additional comment, if you don't see something you need, ask. I've heard of others doing this, and even saw a manager do it for a little girl at one store. So last week when I was at the Milwaukee store I needed brown plates that weren't on the wall. I asked and they brought out a box for me to pick through. Awesome customer service.

Just a heads-up - I went to the Copenhagen store today, and was positively astonished by their PaB selection. Most notably, it included the 2x2 Jumper Plate (White), the 1x1 Brick (Dark Green), the 1x1 Omnidirectional SNOT Brick (Black), the 1x2 Tile (Purple), the 2x2 Column Brick and the Cheese Slope (Olive Green). Overall good conditions if you're scheming to reach the 400DKK limit (free polybag) through the PaB wall. =)