ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I've gotten some really nice bricks from my local Lego store. The store just opened this summer in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

That's my local store too, if you consider local as 100 miles away. :wink: If you think that wall is good, you need to check out the Mall of America store sometime. Although I did manage the best grab bags I've ever found at the Wauwatosa store. Let's just say that for some reason (damaged boxes?) they must have had at least three of the Lord of the Ring Weathertop sets split into the grab bags, plus parts from some other great sets. At a high volume store like MoA, any good sets like that get dilluted into more bags so it isn't as likely to find as many awesome parts at once.

I was wondering this too as my store had around 7 left, but didn't get them as they would take too much room in my opinion. But 29, is that with a normal cup, or one that you have been using for a while and have stretched out some. *huh*

Sorry for the late reply...that was with a brand new cup.

From the Santa Clara store on Friday:

• dark red 1x2s
  • white 1x2x1 panels (4865)
  • tan 1x4 plates
  • tan 1x2 plates
  • tan 1x2 45-degree slopes
  • white 6x8 plates
  • trans-clear 1x1 plates
  • yellow 2x2 tiles
  • LBG 1x1 tile with clip on top (2555)
  • LBG Plates, Modified 1 x 2 with Clip Horizontal on End
  • LBG 4x4 plates
  • blue 1x4 plates
  • white small picket fences (33303)
  • white 2x2 slopes with computer screens
  • reddish brown Windows 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 with Rounded Top

They also had a bunch of stuff I didn't need, including: 2x4s in reddish brown, lime, and tan I think, as well as 2x2s in medium blue, lime, and orange, and the bigger white fence pieces, and 2x8 (or 2x6?) tan plates, and the panes for the windows (in pearl gold), and 1x1 round plates in trans-red and trans-yellow. And a bunch of other stuff, including the ever-present steering wheels on stands. If someone ever figures out a good use for several hundred steering wheels, please let me know :hmpf_bad: .

I finally got around to unpacking a PAB cup I filled a couple weeks ago (it took nearly as long to take apart as it did to build the "plug" in the Burlington MA store). I could tell that I was in no danger of breaking my personal best for a tall cup, but it felt pretty hefty so I figured I'd take the time to do a detailed inventory. Without further ado, I managed to cram in:

7 - 6x8 plates

1 - 2x2 brick

2 - 1x4 palisade bricks

25 - 1x4 bricks w/ arch

59 - 1x3 bricks

72 - 1x2 palisade bricks

185 - 1x1 bricks

60 - 2x2 bricks with slope 45

184 - 2x4 plate with angle (right)

88 - lamp holders

198 - 1x4 plates

124 - 1x2 plates

67 - 1x1 plates

42 - 1x8 tiles

121 - 2x2 tiles

61 - 1x2 tiles

137 - 1x2 grills

59 - cheese wedges

73 - 1x1 round plates

That comes to (if my math is right) 1,565 pieces or just a little under one penny per piece. Not a bad average, now if I only knew what to do with 137 radiator grills...

now if I only knew what to do with 137 radiator grills...

Have an epic BBQ for your minifigs! :D

I am so happy for you an jelous of you in the same time for proximity of PaBs :)

I;ve heard that official Lego store is opening in Budapest. Are there any news, will there be a PaB there?

Does anyone know what ithe PAB is like in Legoland Windsor?

I went in May, all excited about my first visit to a pick a brick wall and was really disappointed. The bricks on the wall were basically 2x4 in the basic colours and that was it. They are sold by weight as opposed to filling a cup etc which just confused me. Like I said I was really disappointed and didn't buy any bricks. It does, however, give me an excuse to visit a LEGO store, but it requires considerable planning and a free day because unfortunately I live no where near one!

I hope this helps.

I went in May, all excited about my first visit to a pick a brick wall and was really disappointed. The bricks on the wall were basically 2x4 in the basic colours and that was it. They are sold by weight as opposed to filling a cup etc which just confused me. Like I said I was really disappointed and didn't buy any bricks. It does, however, give me an excuse to visit a LEGO store, but it requires considerable planning and a free day because unfortunately I live no where near one!

I hope this helps.

Keep an eye on brickbuildr.com. As long as your store is on there, you can see what the wall has and the last time the site was updated will tell you when it was changed(as long as someone updated the sites wall).

My latest PAB cup from the Lynnwood, WA LEGO store. Click on the image to see the quantities of the parts. I got lazy and didn't want to count the couple hundred 1x1 round studs that were used as fillers.

7804837542_f03af8836d.jpg

PAB Cup #2 by LegoBrandon, on Flickr

I hope this helps.

Yeah. when I was there, it was just normal bricks. 2xX or 1xX bricks. if I remembered correctly, no tiles and plates.

going by weight and sold by the bag (instead of cup) means you pay for what you can squeeze in.

I;ve heard that official Lego store is opening in Budapest. Are there any news, will there be a PaB there?

Definitely so.

While I was in Manchester I visited the Arndale Store and bought two large tubs at £11 each and here they are

Tub 1

http://farm9.staticf...a6c06e611_z.jpg

The back

http://farm9.staticf...d21886486_z.jpg

The Contents

http://farm9.staticf...b253201f2_z.jpg

4x8 plate white : 47

2x6 window trans-grey : 5

2x4 window clear : 6

1x4 brick orange: 1

seat red : 10

1x1x6 brick white : 95

1x8 tile white: 17

1x2 grille brick white : 4

1x1 stud trans-yellow: 43

1x1 stud clear: 186

Total of 414 pieces and a price of 0.02 pence per piece

Tub 2

http://farm9.staticf...0f758d03a_z.jpg

Tub 2 Rear

http://farm9.staticf...fa3a65cc6_z.jpg

The Contents

http://farm8.staticf...bc8419545_z.jpg

4x8 plate white : 50

1x1x6 brick white: 107

1x8 tile white : 14

1x2 grille brick white: 30

1x4 brick orange : 9

seat red : 11

1x1 stud trans-yellow : 40

1x1 stud clear : 112

Total of 373 pieces at a price of 0.02 pence per piece

I was at a Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta, GA this weeekend and notice a couple of larger zip-lock bags. At first I thought it was a new larger grab bag, but it wasn't taped closed or anything. I suppose it would have been good to ask about it, but I was in a rush. I was thinking that it was a different way to get PAB pieces. I wonder if they charge by weight?

I was at a Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta, GA this weeekend and notice a couple of larger zip-lock bags. At first I thought it was a new larger grab bag, but it wasn't taped closed or anything. I suppose it would have been good to ask about it, but I was in a rush. I was thinking that it was a different way to get PAB pieces. I wonder if they charge by weight?

Yes, I believe the Discovery Centers, like Legoland, charge by weight. It can get really pricey and generally isn't worth it unless they have a rarer selection of bricks.

My brother bought me a large cup while he was in Eastview Mall :thumbup:

Here's what he got:

5 dark bley 2x4 bricks

27 dark bley 2x2 bricks

9 lime green 2x4 bricks

1 lime green 1x1 plate rounds

47 reddish brown 1x4 tiles

14 bley 1x4 bricks

18 bley 1x3 bricks

3 bley complete click hinges

6 bley 1x2 grill bricks

17 red 1x4 bricks

200 trans red 1x1 plate rounds

120 trans red 1x1 tiles

12 tan 2x4 bricks

20 tan 1x2 log bricks

11 black 1x4 bricks

7 trans black 1x2 bricks

5 white 2x4 bricks

4 white 1x1x5 bricks

19 clear 1x2 bricks

15 clear 1x2 plates

321 clear 1x1 plate rounds

12 light blue 1x2 bricks

43 orange 1x1 plate rounds

57 orange 1x1 bricks

40 of the new trans light blue (aqua) 2x2 brick rounds

For a grand total of 1033 pieces which is about 1 1/2 cents a piece :classic:

My brother bought me a large cup while he was in Eastview Mall...

... a grand total of 1033 pieces which is about 1 1/2 cents a piece :classic:

Nice haul :wink:

I've always said, if you left room for the cup to hold water, you're wasting money...

Where can I find a brother like that?

Is there any more news on PAB wall in Budapest besides the Facebook page anouncement? There's no info on the store opening at LEGO website. September 14 is set as an opening date, but is this the offical opening? At least I'd expect it to be on the LEGO official page. However, my closest store is in Munich (5 hrs drive), so Budapest is somewhere close to that.

I am so happy for you an jelous of you in the same time for proximity of PaBs :)

Is there any more news on PAB wall in Budapest besides the Facebook page anouncement? There's no info on the store opening at LEGO website. September 14 is set as an opening date, but is this the offical opening? At least I'd expect it to be on the LEGO official page. However, my closest store is in Munich (5 hrs drive), so Budapest is somewhere close to that.

I don't think it'll ever be on the Lego website, because it's not a "real" lego store. Read this comment from a Brickset user:

Interesting discussion on the mono-brand LEGO store in Hungary. I do understand Hungarian, and the guy who is opening the new store says that mono-brand stores are opened in countries where LEGO has no intention of opening and operating a store on their own. They basically partner up with a third party to run the establishment, but also give their full support; mono-brand stores are allowed to have a regular pick-a-brick-wall, build-a-minifig section, and in general look like a regular LEGO store. He also says that LEGO will only partner with one third-party like this per country. So their position is quite special compared to other toy-stores that may carry LEGO and other toys as well. Hope this helps some...(c;

Legolijntje, thanks for that answer. I haven't heard of the mono-brand stores before. It sounds interesting, and it's definitely better than not having a LEGO store near. :classic:

Yes, I believe the Discovery Centers, like Legoland, charge by weight. It can get really pricey and generally isn't worth it unless they have a rarer selection of bricks.

Correct... LL Florida shoppers were very lucky as members of FIRST and GFLUG were the main folks to get a hold of the likes of Friends elements, Dark Tan 1x1 plates, and more real goodies. However, on every other day the selection is no different than a LEGO Store much like Orlando LIC and you can of course get a better bargain.

See: Erika's Box: Pink, Purple, Teal

My Box

But I have a solution for the weight pricing... If someone can defy physics and slow down the force of gravity, we would be paying for little more than mass... :tongue:

Might be out of topic, but hopefully not. I'll be in Athens, and I found a LEGO store there in Ermou Street. I'm guessing it's a mono-brand store (similar to what is 'to be' opening in Budapest). My question here is, what kind of selection of sets/bricks can be expected there? If any Greek here can help, I'd be very happy.

Spent over an hour packing this small cup at the Vancouver LEGO store. Now I have a whole bunch of pink 1x4's! :tongue:

8034950201_cee0994a43_z.jpg

8034948002_a694197ca1_z.jpg

8034947381_d3d57857c1_z.jpg

(Click on image to see the quantity of parts.)

In the past year I have bought:

- 2 tall cups of trans purple cones

- 2 tall cups of tan 1x2 slopes

- 2 tall cups of dark tan 2x2 tiles

- 2 tall cups of dark bley crates

- 2 tall cups of dark red 1x2 bricks

- 2 tall cups of purple 2x3 plates

- 1 tall cup of light bley 1x1 clips

- 1 tall cup of 1x2 dark trans bricks

Most of these were bought during the Brick World sale.