ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

So, it's better to stack the bricks? I'll have to remember that next time. I did make a point of not getting anything to big. I suppose it also makes sense to fill all the little voids with 1x1 rounds and such.

So, it's better to stack the bricks? I'll have to remember that next time. I did make a point of not getting anything to big. I suppose it also makes sense to fill all the little voids with 1x1 rounds and such.

There's a number of factor that can decide this. If you're buying to resell on bricklink or eBay, the time spent may not be worthwhile in the long run. Spending oh say, 45 minutes to pack in extra $5 worth of pieces seems a bit of a weak saving.

OTOH if you're going to keep them and have lots of time, pack it up. It helps if you're also good at Tetris game. I regularly reach level 12-13 on gameboy before I start breaking in sweat.

There's a number of factor that can decide this. If you're buying to resell on bricklink or eBay, the time spent may not be worthwhile in the long run. Spending oh say, 45 minutes to pack in extra $5 worth of pieces seems a bit of a weak saving.

Indeed, personally I don't see the point in spending ages stacking. I just make sure its pretty much full, then move on to another cup :blush:

I seriously wish I could have access to that deal though! Thats such a bargian!

Green heaven! Do you have a build in mind or are you just a green fan like my sister default_laugh_new.gif

My nocturnus creations need some more plants. I plan on a couple of outdoor scenes. TREES!

I enjoy stacking, it's very calming default_sadnew.gifand gives me time to talk to all the staff (when they're not busy of course!) And depending on how you do it you can get a good extra third of a cup in. I basically just consider it to be more quality time playing with LEGO! Let's build a PAB-cup-shaped mountain!

Once a woman saw me stacking 1x2 plates (OK, I admit that's pretty anal of me) and she said to her child, "I'd love his job!" I couldn't let it pass, I replied, "I don't work here." She stared in shock for a moment then burst into uncontrollable laughter, still staring at me in complete puzzlement. Poor dear, I don't think she'd even considered the thought that such a thing as an AFOL could exist! If I'd thought of it, I'd have said "I wish they were paying me!"

It is worth it. I heard that the average increase of items with stacked cups is about 20% more over non-stacked parts. However the 1x1 studs tend to be a rarely stacked item since they can squeeze into the nooks and crannys easily

I find it a fun self challenge to cram as much as possible with the time I have available into those cups.

How long does the PAB cup promotion last? I will be in Boston this weekend for a conference and am looking forward to hitting up the LEGO store.

How long does the PAB cup promotion last? I will be in Boston this weekend for a conference and am looking forward to hitting up the LEGO store.

Too late, my friend. It was on the LEGO Store April calendar and it was only two days.

My first ever PaB at the Lego store in Cardiff. They had 1x4 tiles which would be good for floorboards. But tiles are really tricky to pack neatly, they have no way of holding together is stack and just make spaghetti at the bottom.

Got two horses though which as good

Why did I start reading this topic? now I'm sad :sad:

Same for me :cry_sad:

Though that it is still not impossible for me: being in Brussels, the closest one for me is the one in Oberhausen, Germany, at 240 km (well, Köln is "only" 215 km, but it is more difficult to park the car there I think).

If I had such store in my city, I could go there from time to time to check when there are interesting parts in the wall.

Some day I'll go there anyway. If there are other people in Brussels maybe we could go together to split the costs :laugh:

Why did I start reading this topic? now I'm sad

I like looking back at the earlier pictures of what people bought. I remember visiting a store when they had sand blue 1x2's on the brick wall, unfortunately I was in my dark ages then. Its tantilising and heart breaking to see everything missed!

I like looking back at the earlier pictures of what people bought. I remember visiting a store when they had sand blue 1x2's on the brick wall, unfortunately I was in my dark ages then. Its tantilising and heart breaking to see everything missed!

Sand blue 1x2's. That must have been a dream. :wub::cry_sad:

I would have bought as many PAB cups until I had every single 1x2 in that store.

Sand blue 1x2's. That must have been a dream. :wub::cry_sad:

I would have bought as many PAB cups until I had every single 1x2 in that store.

It would've been quite a sight to behold there... :tongue:

I can definitely see how addicting that wall can be. The last time I was there I got just a small cup full of flower stems. The ride home I was regretting not getting a large cup and/or sucking the flower stems compartment dry. :sadnew:

It would've been quite a sight to behold there... :tongue:

I can definitely see how addicting that wall can be. The last time I was there I got just a small cup full of flower stems. The ride home I was regretting not getting a large cup and/or sucking the flower stems compartment dry. :sadnew:

I sucked my Lego Store's compartments dry of flower stems. I also got some 3x6 Dark Red Wedges! I would love to see some Sand Blue bricks in the PAB section at the local store.

During a trip to Boston last week I was able to get over to the Braintree store to visit the PAB wall. This was my first PAB experience since 05' as I haven't gotten to the Lego Store the past couple times in Chicago. I was confident though that I could get good value in my cups courtesy of the posts that I have read on here. Here were the results

Cup #1

ebebb06e.jpg

Total Pieces = 848

Total Brick Link Value = $68.69

250 x Flat 1x2 Lime Green Tiles

181 x 1x1 Transparent Clear Cheese Slopes

177 x 1x4 Lime Green Bricks

121 x 1x2 Grey Gridded Bricks

77 x Transparent Neon Orange Flames

42 x Green 3 pronged Flower stems

Cup #2

1c2f1820.jpg

Total Pieces = 1291

Total Brick Link Value = $64.94

670 x 1x1 Transparent Red Rounded button brick

187 x 2x2 Yellow Tile

154 x 1x4 Green Tile

123 x 2x2 Red Tile

67 x Transparent Neon Orange Flame

51 x 3 leaf Green plant

29 x 4 pack Red flowers

6 x Large White Fence

4 x Grey Open top trash can brick

All in all I got $133 dollars in bricks from $30 dollars worth of PAB. I really can't complain and on top of it I had some really good conversations with the staff members, even having an opportunity to look at one of the staff members personal Lego creation portfolio! Wish we had a store closer to St. Louis, I definitely think we could support a store.

UK Lego store leaflets for May have this offer

RcZmI.jpg

Does that mean they're all getting those bricks stocked in the PaB wall? If so I think a trip might be needed, I could do with a ton of tan for buildings.

actually - are PaB cups still value for money for normal bricks? eg 1x3 tan bricks on bricklink are around 5p each - how many would you get in a PaB cup?

Edited by mrklaw

The lego stores are getting some new yummy bricks in. I will have to tally up the exact numbers later but this is two small pots from Santa Clara:

6990905848_0cd5660b1b.jpg

Lots of lovely fronds, purple transparent cones, red gemstones, red 2x2 flowers, white flower sprues, some wheels and two white windows (they had doors and door frames too and dark tan 2x2 tiles).

One of those leaves is $0.70 on lego pick-a-brick and I fit 72 in the cup. :sweet:

Then three small pots from San Mateo:

7136990999_0e1894b41c.jpg

1x4 bright pink, 2x3 purple plate, 2x2 rounds in trans light blue and trans neon yellow, 1x2 transparent - because I'm running low, red flower sprues and the trans purple cones.

San Mateo didn't have gemstones or the flowers but they did have fronds on their wall.

Edited by Cara

Cara those look like two great hauls. I'm loving the greens, great for Pirate MOC's. :pir-wub:

The lego stores are getting some new yummy bricks in. I will have to tally up the exact numbers later but this is two small pots from Santa Clara:

Lots of lovely fronds, purple transparent cones, red gemstones, red 2x2 flowers, white flower sprues, some wheels and two white windows (they had doors and door frames too and dark tan 2x2 tiles).

One of those leaves is $0.70 on lego pick-a-brick and I fit 72 in the cup. :sweet:

Then three small pots from San Mateo:

1x4 bright pink, 2x3 purple plate, 2x2 rounds in trans light blue and trans neon yellow, 1x2 transparent - because I'm running low, red flower sprues and the trans purple cones.

San Mateo didn't have gemstones or the flowers but they did have fronds on their wall.

Cara, thanks so much for posting this! I live between those two stores, and went in early April to both and they had pretty much the same old stuff. Will definitely have to make a trip to these stores to load up on palm fronds and others!

Great haul indeed. I love the green leafs, purple, and pink basic bricks. :wub: The stores around me always have the same stuff.

Edited by The Blue Brick