ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Since I never know exactly what will be on the PaB wall (the closest stores near me are not set up on Brickbuildr site and I'd submit an initial inventory but not sure exactly how), it is always a secondary reason for a visit if I am going there anyway.)

Send a message to Brickbuildr's admin with the number of rows and columns in the wall, plus the name of the city and state/province and/or country it's in. He'll set up the grid, then you can submit an inventory. Take your camera (or your camera-equipped cellphone) along, and take pix of the wall, so you don't have to rely on your memory of what's in the wall while you submit the inventory.

I'm a little upset that I didn't go back to the Lego store(s) sooner, because in passing Shepherds Bush earlier today I noticed the grab bags. They also seem to be upping their game on the PAB wall, which can only be good news.

I'm hoping there's going to be some bags left when I return tomorrow, but thankfully I have a couple of Christmas boxes left, so I will be filling my boots. As well as some white horses (the rumours were true!) I also saw Green and Reddish Brown 1x4 tiles and 1x2 palisade (log) bricks in Tan.

I'm a little upset that I didn't go back to the Lego store(s) sooner, because in passing Shepherds Bush earlier today I noticed the grab bags. They also seem to be upping their game on the PAB wall, which can only be good news.

I'm hoping there's going to be some bags left when I return tomorrow, but thankfully I have a couple of Christmas boxes left, so I will be filling my boots. As well as some white horses (the rumours were true!) I also saw Green and Reddish Brown 1x4 tiles and 1x2 palisade (log) bricks in Tan.

Ooh, reddish brown tiles that's great! Stratford said they were sad that 'other' LEGO stores got many of the pieces they were asking for. It would be awesome if you have time to update the Brickbuildr iPab after you go today?

Stratford also had amazing grab bags when I went Saturday - many Friends pieces so I have some awesome colours now.

I decided to pack a large cup. i wish i could of squeezed in more but i due to the shoulder to shoulder crowd, i had to cut the packing short and resort to a partial stack/small part pack in method. Here's the haul:

lime green brick 1x1 - 81

Dark gray 1X3 brick - 11

Green 1x3 brick - 10

1X2 tan log - 4 -- side note - all the little tan parts were jumbled in one section so i couldn't find very many

Grill plate white 1X2 - 7

1X2 black brick - 4

1X2 blue brick - 8

1X2 lime green - 10

1X2 white brick - 15

1X2 trans black - 29

1X2 trans clear - 32

Dark gray corner brick - 3 -- side note - the 2X2 bricks AND corners were in 1 container so i couldn't dig up very many

Lime green 1X4 - 3

Read 1X4 brick - 7

red 1X6 brick - 13

White 2x2 brick - 4

Red brick 2X2 - 2

Blue brick 2x2 - 1

Dark gray brick 2X2 - 11

Brown 2X2 brick - 9

brown 2x4 brick - 6

orange brick 2x4 - 2

yellow 2x4 brick - 2

white 2X4 - 1

yellow 2X8 brick - 1

Light gray 2x6 brick - 3

white 2X6 brick - 9

blue 2x6 brick - 10

Red 2x2 tile - 4

blue 1X8 tile - 8

green 1X4 - 23

red 2X4 plate - 1

lime green 1X4 plate - 1

tan 1X4 plate - 17

brown 1X2 plate -26

tan 1x2 - 4

Trans clear 1x2 - 1

4 X 7 car base - 3

wheels for car - 12

2x2x2 slope white - 8

ladder with clips on one end - 4

bar that can be attached to stud - 8

1x2/2x2 bracket white - 4

white Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle - 2

Panel 1 x 2 x 1 - 2

2x2 white corner plate - 2

1x2 slope tan - 9

1x1 trans clear yellow round - 90

1x1 trans clear - 1

1x1 yellow trans square - 11

1x1 trans clear square - 1

I decided to pack a large cup. i wish i could of squeezed in more but i due to the shoulder to shoulder crowd, i had to cut the packing short and resort to a partial stack/small part pack in method. Here's the haul ...

Wow. I wish we got PAB like that in the UK. default_wacko.gif

I live in Orlando, Fl and i made my way down to Downtown Disney and visited the Lego Store there for the first time. I tried my hand at the PAB wall of course so here is what i got:

IMG_0172small-1.jpg

IMG_0173small-1.jpg

IMG_0175small-1.jpg

IMG_0176small-1.jpg

x48 grey 1x4

x91 D grey 1x1

x76 D grey 1x2

x15 Sand 2x2 Corner

x84 Green 1x2 Slopes

x120 Black 1x2

x22 White 1x2

x25 Black 1x6 Tile

x86 Blue 1x6 Tile

x82 Blue Trans 1x1 Round Plate

x40 Clear 1x2 Plate

x4 Black 2x2 Inverted Slope

x2 Black 2x3

x1 Grey 2x3

The other two cups were all blue 1x1 round plate and 295 bamboo

Edited by natesroom

Went to Shepherd's Bush today. They definitely got a wider range in the recent round of orders than Stratford, and I was thrilled with the amount of trans available - the containers were full to overflowing with pretty pieces. They are expecting more parts next week, and are placing a third order too! It's a new catalog bonanza.

iPab is updated, but a couple of notes -

• The red flowers have a closed stud, this is the new 2012 version. Bricklink doesn't even list them in red yet. It looks nice, but is clearly less useful!
  • The 1x4 tiles I marked as Reddish Brown are actually (old) Brown. iPab no longer has that colour in the list!

Shame the hinges were in red, but I got some anyway. They were fun to pack in the cup - I attached them in a big ring that fitted neatly round the rim of the cup!

Oh they also gave me one of the Friends mini-build packs as only 20 people came to the event over the 2 days. Most interesting pieces were 3 ice creams, 3 trans clear goblets and a 2x6 bright pink plate. The rest of the packs are going into Grab Bags, so it may be worth heading out there if you like the sound of those pieces, but I would ring first as they had no Grab Bags on display today. There was also some chat going on amongst them which I didn't quite follow about trans-red jewels going into Grab Bags too...

I was at Stratford yesterday (just a few hours ago): sadly no minidolls in the grab bags, but still a good selection of parts - they're adding parts from the last two Monthly mini-builds to some more. The wall was the same as the last update.

Might have to revisit Shepherds Bush either later or on Thursday, things are getting interesting!

Might have to revisit Shepherds Bush either later or on Thursday, things are getting interesting!

Go today - last double points day!

Hi, Natesroom. Welcome to EB.

Would you please resize those pics. Tutorials here, or you can sign up for Flickr, as they resize for you.

I hope that this helps, and that you have a great time here.

Finally filled my 3 Holiday Boxes.

6983409307_abfc864b9c.jpg

IMG_20120314_193806 by FredJH, on Flickr

6x8 plate, green x2

2x4 brick, gray x18

2x4 brick, green x27

2x12 plate, gray x15

1x3 brick, dark gray x102

1x4 plate, lime x9

1x2 brick, clear black x40

1x2 brick, clear x36

1x2x2 panel, clear x16

1x2 brick, green x1

grass x68

leaves x1

flowers x35 sprues

total: 370

6983409315_52db4d58a6.jpg

IMG_20120314_195751 by FredJH, on Flickr

2x4 brick, gray x18

6x12 plate, green x2

1x2 slope, green x40

2x2 brick, brown x9

2x4 brick, lime x27

2x4 brick, brick red x63

2x2 tile, dark tan x43

total: 202

6983409343_2a8458c91a.jpg

IMG_20120314_201317 by FredJH, on Flickr

1x8x3 fence, white x12

1x4x1 arch, white x39

1x2 tile, lime x267

Horse, white x7

total: 325

Yeah... as time wore on I was getting a bit edgy; bought a bunch of sets and stuff and was spending a bit too much time in a LEGO store for an adult non-employee, so I just kind of threw it in the last box. Pretty freaking awesome for "free," though.

Wow...horses!

Damn skippy... I meant to get eight; I'll have to go back and actually pay money... the store in my area was upgraded from a "retail outlet" to a full blown "LEGO Store," moved to a bigger location in the mall, and has a much larger pick-a-brick selection now. There's a lot of pieces I should have gotten that I couldn't fit in my three little boxes.

Not really a CUP, but I did buy a lot of PAB yesterday. Asked about buying bamboo leaves in bulk (we're building a train layout in our basement) and they had a full box I could buy! $70 for what I'm guessing is around 2000 bamboo leaves :) It's nice when the local employees all recognize you when you walk in cause you've spent so much money there...

Oh lawdy. I really wish there were PAB walls here in our country. Instead, we get stuck with almost always having 2x the US price for sets here.

Pretty Much the same in Australia - as far as i know there aren't any PAB walls and we probably pay about twice US price as well.

And the Aussie dollar is supposedly going strong. :sceptic:

Oh Well :hmpf_bad:

Not really a CUP, but I did buy a lot of PAB yesterday. Asked about buying bamboo leaves in bulk (we're building a train layout in our basement) and they had a full box I could buy! $70 for what I'm guessing is around 2000 bamboo leaves :) It's nice when the local employees all recognize you when you walk in cause you've spent so much money there...

I got 250 in a small cup... So if i bought 8 cups at 7.99 it would be 63 before tax... you had to have gotten more then 2000 no?

Damn skippy... I meant to get eight; I'll have to go back and actually pay money... the store in my area was upgraded from a "retail outlet" to a full blown "LEGO Store," moved to a bigger location in the mall, and has a much larger pick-a-brick selection now. There's a lot of pieces I should have gotten that I couldn't fit in my three little boxes.

If you get a list of what the wall has, i will get a list of the orlando store. I'm guessing they must be different if you got horses. I'd seriously think about trying to trade some PAB stuff. I'm not the best stacker but i'm no slouch either!

Snip

Very nice haul! Which store did you visit? For those familiar with the Fairview store, do they still have horses?

Also, that April 10-11 promo sounds good! I guess it's time to sign up for VIP.

Very nice haul! Which store did you visit? For those familiar with the Fairview store, do they still have horses?

Also, that April 10-11 promo sounds good! I guess it's time to sign up for VIP.

yeah i'm waiting for my card and it hasnt come yet for my second username.

Anywasy does anyone know how many 1x1 Bricks come in a box? I'm looking at them on bricklink and they're selling them for .04-.07 cents for anyone that has a large enough collection and i thought maybe it would be better for me to just go down and buy a box instead.

Liverpool iPab updated. There are also black spades & axes that aren't in the parts list at the moment.

The build-a-minigure stand has a lot of parts from the early collectible minifigures for anyone that missed out. No zombies or spartans though. :/

John Lewis also has a box of S7 out.

My HUGE Pick-a-Brick Trip. As this was my first time, I was expecting to get in the 300-400 range. Instead, I got 942 bricks! (Well, there were over 300 1x2 Red-Brown Plates, but still.) Here's my pictures and total.

The Cup. The bricks on the floor are those bricks that overflowed when the lid popped off the first time.

6884904480_ea6bd56156.jpg

The Top of the Cup. The dark red 4x4 square is the center of the cup.

6884904538_75bc19beef.jpg

All the bricks spread out and sorted.

6884904578_09f6c34f73.jpg

The Bricks Put in Regularly. Over 50% didn't go in this time. *oh2*

7031001969_977fd2d74b.jpg

My totals:

20 Dark Red 2x4 Bricks

11 Tan 4x6 Plates

42 2x1 Clear Plates

6 Left Dark Red 6x3 Wedge

18 Right Dark Red 6x3 Wedge

69 Green Stems

28 Red-Brown Chairs

17 Red 2x2 Tiles

14 Dark Bley 2x2 Bricks

1 Yellow 2x2 Bricks

4 Clear 2x2 Slopes

50 Trans-Orange Fire

10 Light Bley Ladders

10 Blue Flowers 2x2

25 Black 1x2 with Clip

71 Trans-Green 1x1 Plates

65 Trans-Red 1x1 Plates

125 Trans-Blue 1x1 Round Plates

306 Red-Brown 1x2 Plates

Quite alot, eh?

I saw that in the April Store Calendar, and in the fine print on back is no mention of a hard limit, except for possibly the interpretation of "a" large PaB cup as being singular. Although I'm sure that is basically up to each store manager on duty I guess... but let's not get TOO greedy, and plan on leaving some for others as well :)

(It's rare that I ever get more than 2 large cups in one trip anyway. Since I never know exactly what will be on the PaB wall (the closest stores near me are not set up on Brickbuildr site and I'd submit an initial inventory but not sure exactly how), it is always a secondary reason for a visit if I am going there anyway.)

According to the page for the Sherway Gardens store in Toronto the limit is 5 cups.

Liverpool iPab updated. There are also black spades & axes that aren't in the parts list at the moment.

The build-a-minigure stand has a lot of parts from the early collectible minifigures for anyone that missed out. No zombies or spartans though. :/

John Lewis also has a box of S7 out.

Thanks for doing this - I went along to Liverpool over the weekend and knowing what was on the wall helped me to plan my cup.

I do wish they'd get some different parts in though...I am salivating at seeing the reddish brown tiles elsewhere in the UK. I think if I saw 1x4 (or blue/black/green 2x2) flat tiles appear in Liverpool, I'd end up filling about 4 big cups; it's the one part of my collection that's really lacking.

I went to London Westfield last Sat (31 March) and picked up three cups:

7051253181_9131d36061_d.jpg

contents

7051257261_94db847cd5_d.jpg

Qty Size Color Type

27 1 x 1 Tr Green Barrel

25 1 x 1 Tr Red Barrel

28 1 x 1 Lime Brick

48 1 x 2 Lime Brick

33 1 x 2 Transparent Brick

2 1 x 2 White Brick

10 1 x 4 Orange Brick

16 2 x 2 Black Brick

6 2 x 2 Red Brick

10 2 x 3 Lime Brick

12 2 x 4 Black Brick

15 2 x 4 Dk Grey Brick

11 2 x 4 Lime Brick

30 2 x 4 Lt Grey Brick

10 2 x 4 Orange Brick

14 2 x 4 Red Brick

10 2 x 6 Blue Brick

5 2 x 6 White Brick

25 1 x 1 Tr Purple Cone

15 1 x 1 Tr Red Cone

24 2 x 2 Red Flower Solid Centre

5 1 x 2 Dk Grey Hinge

2 White Horse

13 1 x 2 White Inv Slope

14 2 x 2 Black Inv Slope

22 2 x 2 Blue Inv Slope

15 2 x 2 Black Large Tyres

4 3 x 6 Dk Red Left Wing Plate

37 1 x 2 Tan Plate

27 1 x 2 Transparent Plate

60 1 x 4 Red Plate

14 2 x 10 Tan Plate

27 2 x 2 Orange Plate

36 2 x 4 Brown Plate

18 6 x 6 Dk Grey Plate

67 1 x 4 Brown Tile

194 1 x 4 Green Tile

11 3 x 6 Dk Red Right Wing Plate

7 2 x 4 Black Roof Tile

338 1 x 1 Tr Blue Round Plate

353 1 x 1 Tr Lt Blue Round Plate

150 1 x 1 Transparent Round Plate

102 1 x 1 Transparent Slope

15 Lt Grey Wheels

A total of 1907 parts - £33 (£45.49 on Bricklink and £180.39 on Lego Online PAB)

I will definitely have a go at proper stacking next time... :tongue: