ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Thank so much for your fast reply! :) We are looking forward to our first trip.

If you are planning on doing PaB cubs both day, bring back empty PaB cup from the first day (they should get a sticker applied upon purchase) for the reuse coupon discount. that' s $.50 off on a large cup think someone mentioned in the past that it's $.25 for a small.

If you are planning on doing PaB cubs both day, bring back empty PaB cup from the first day (they should get a sticker applied upon purchase) for the reuse coupon discount. that' s $.50 off on a large cup think someone mentioned in the past that it's $.25 for a small.

I'm planning on bringing my large cup w/ me on the trip just incase I want to use it. However, depending on what lego says w/ my VIP question, I may just use the 5 dollar credit on a seperate purchase(if I can) and get a small cup(8 bucks - 5 buck credit = 3 dollar cup!) w/ a few things in it(well packed) since I don't really want a lot of things.

You're probably really good at Tetris. A high score champion no doubt.

I used to reach level 19 on Gameboy long ago and not break a sweat. Unfortunately I've gotten a bit slow and I can barely handle level 12 :cry_sad: 22 years of slow arthritis building in my hands ruined my Tetris skill...

There's a Lego store about an hour away from me and now I can't wait to visit! It'll be great to get some pieces for a house I want to build...

Thanks for the tips!

Got two cups last time I went...

Cup 1:

Barrels                              x72
Reddish Brown 2x6 plates             x37
Trans-black 1x2 bricks               x72
Reddish Brown Windows w/ Rounded Top x38
Reddish Brown 2x4 Bricks              x3
Small Leaves                          x3
Grass                                x24
Flower Sprues                         x3
Lime 1x1                             x89
Green 1x2                            x62
                                    ---
TOTAL:                               441

Cup 2 (I was rushing by this point):

Reddish Brown 2x6 Plates             x17
Reddish Brown 2x4 Bricks             x46
Reddish Brown 2x6 Bricks              x8
Green 1x2 Brick                      x12
Small Leaves                          x8
Grass                                 x7
Light Green 6x12 Plates              x12
Lime 1x4 Bricks                      x16
Lime 1x1 Bricks                      x89
Trans-black 1x2 Bricks               x15
Red Flower Sprue                      x1
                                    ---
TOTAL                                216

An extra 280 2x1 blocks when stacked, well worth the 15 minuets of effort.

That depends. If you get to LEGO store early in the morning before kids come around, then it is worth the effort. But if it's afternoon and you have 20 screaming kids running loose, it is not worth the 15 minutes. Heck, I avoid going to the store in the weekday afternoon, and all of weekend when parent has time to shop and let kid loose.

An extra 280 2x1 blocks when stacked, well worth the 15 minuets of effort.

WOW...do you just stack in columns, or do you have a special technique??

I have to say though, as much as it is tempting to get some of the 1x2's, unless they are in an interesting colour (and luckily to me, dark red and medium blue are interesting colours), the value on going for 1x2s is low at a BL cost of about $0.08 a piece...only about $60 in brick per cup. The real value is in some of the unusual stuff which has a higher quantity average price.

Mind you, it is definitely the most cost effective way to go for large quantities of 1-wide wall grade pieces in colours of interest.

Edited by Toadtorrent

First trip with the kids, went really well :) cant wait to go back without our kids lol ;) but they were really good I was pleased.

Pics from the kids PAB not to bad considering they are like all willy nilly about what they pick, dad helped cram extra things in the nooks and crannys. White fences are the biggest hit from this trip for the 3 and 5 yr old. (Bellevue Washington store)

post-19090-13113906124.jpg

Edited by KJordan714

White fences are the biggest hit from this trip for the 3 and 5 yr old. (Bellevue Washington store)

Very envious about the fences, and the 1x2x5 white bricks/panels.

Here's my latest cup:

Lego-PAB-201107Jul18.jpg

...it's not my greatest value cup haul...but it was required to complete a MOC project which needed a bunch of white brick 1x3s...so I figured I would throw in a few extras while I was at it. I didn't do the high density packing except for the 1x3s...just threw in handfuls of stuff for the rest of it.

The nice thing is the helpfulness of the staff at the Sherway store to get boxes in the back if you know what to ask for. Obviously the BL colours don't quite coincide with the official Lego names so asking for Medium Blue gets weird looks but a helpful hand when they bring the box out for confirmation.

Pics from the kids PAB not to bad considering they are like all willy nilly about what they pick...White fences are the biggest hit from this trip for the 3 and 5 yr old.

Yup...I don't go to the PAB wall with the kids. The white fences are a great find...very nice!

Edited by Toadtorrent

My second $15 PAB cup:

lego%252520PAB%252520cup%2525202%252520p.jpg

lego%252520PAB%252520cup%2525202.jpg

Not as packed as the 1st cup since I picked more irregular-shaped pieces.

Does anyone know if any of the UK shops has tiles in their PAB wall?

I went to one of the UK shops and bought two large containers (£11 each) but I was quite surprised that the majority of bricks were 2x4, 1x4, 2x3, 1x3 and 1x2. There were some special pieces (fire, antennas, tyres, doors) but the vast majority of the wall was comprised of basic bricks...which was a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping for a haul like some of the cups posted on here (I could really do with some tiles!).

Bluewater is the best bet, the last couple of times I was there they had 1x4 tiles in green, as well as 1x1 tiles in trans red and trans green. I've also seen 2x2 tiles in red.

I'm going to the LEGO Store in NYC on Wednes., and I was wondering if anyone has been there lately, and what their PAB selection is as of now.

P.S. Also taking adavantage of their 20% off ticket prices of the Harry Potter exhibit in Times Square. You take a piece of paper from the store, show at the admissions office, and voila!

My first PAB cup came out to 443 pieces. My son didn't give me much of an opportunity to carefully pack as many pieces as possible. Must teach him some patience.

I'm going to the LEGO Store in NYC on Wednes., and I was wondering if anyone has been there lately, and what their PAB selection is as of now.

P.S. Also taking adavantage of their 20% off ticket prices of the Harry Potter exhibit in Times Square. You take a piece of paper from the store, show at the admissions office, and voila!

Go to BrickBuildr website where they keep track (or try too) of the inventories of all the PAB walls around the world

http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/

The New York store hasn't been updated in months, but if you click on the more recently updated stores you get a rough idea of what mite be there as the stores tend to receive similar inventories

If you have time, even try to update the New York Inventory with what you got at the store.

I live near Milton Keynes and regularly visit the store there. Last time I saw tiles was Christams when they had some 8x1 blue tiles.

I went in June and got a cup almost exclusively of 1x2x2 trans clear window pieces!

pickabrick.jpg

I stopped into the Lego store tonight and saw they had the train control tiles and couldn't resist. I packed a large cup within 5 minutes and made out very well. All together I ended up with 595 pieces. Not too bad for a speed pack. Edited by 22kane