ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Do you just ask them about the boxes? Any dark tan bricks there yet :)?

You just ask what they have in the back. As long as they're not busy someone seems willing to grab parts for you. The only tan I've been seeing are the small corner plates.

Good stuff, ricecracker. Now I have haul myself to Sherway Gardens and check out the wall.

Went back again, and got close to the same piece count, but a couple pieces of interest...mainly the slope 65 2x2x2's, and the dark red brick 2x4's :

Lego-PAB-Inventory-201105May24b.jpg

Edited by Toadtorrent

Last week I stopped at the new LEGO Store at the Beachwood Mall in Beachwood, Ohio. The staff there was quite friendly but seemed rather surprised to meet an AFOL. In addition to a few new sets I picked up a large PAB cup. I managed to stuff the following items into the cup:

98 1x4 Lt. Bley bricks

17 1x4 Brown bricks

16 2x4 Brown bricks

16 2x4 Dk. Bley bricks

16 2x3 Dk. Bley bricks

18 1x3 Tan bricks

8 4x6 Tan plates

6 2x8 Tan plates

18 1x1 Transparent Yellow round plates

111 1x2 Transparent plates

28 Flower Stems

56 Red Flower Petals

I could have done a slight bit better but it was the very first time I packed a PAB cup and I didn't have a great technique down yet. I did use some of the ideas I read about in this thread though and shared them with the staff at the store. I am looking forward to my next trip to Beachwood.

Edited by Tugarin

5/3 Beachwood, OH Store

2 Lg PAB Cups yielded:

29 Brick White 1x1x5

18 Brick 1x2 Maersk Blue

2 Brick 1x2 Yellow

67 Brick 1x2 Lime Green

90 Brick 1x4 Lime Green

180 Brick 1x4 Bley

92 Brick 1x6 Yellow

6 Brick 2x2 Orange

3 Brick 2x4 Brown

41 Clamp 1x2 Bley

25 Flowerhead Red

10 Left Plate 2x4 with Angle Black

6 Plate 2x1 Trans Clear

18 Plate 1x2 w/Stick Black

268 Round Plate 1x1 Trans Yellow

34 Stalk

PAB Online cost would have been $136.44. My cost was $29.48 (I have a 50c off coupon on one of my cups. (889 Pieces @ 3.32 cents per piece)

Edited by LegoCityMann

Went to my local LEGO store yesterday and got:

5812145715_05f8997efc.jpg

5812147209_f4444a0d2b.jpg

650: 1x2 dark red bricks

3: scorpions

4: 2x2 corner dark blue bricks

3: 1x1 lime green bricks

6: 2x2 yellow tiles

1: 2x2 printed slope

8: 1x1 control levers

1: Dark red wing

1: 2x2 Mudguard

14: 2x2 white bracket

8: 1x2 Transclear bricks

11: White Plate 1 x 2 Handle on Side

42: 1x1 bley clip

8: 1x1 Transclear round brick

58 : Brown 1x4 tile

44: 1 x 1 Black brick with Clip Light

If my math is right is should add up to a total of 862 pieces!

LegoGalactus

Went to my local LEGO store yesterday and got:

Snipped info was here

LegoGalactus

I'm kinda surprised you were able to have the lid so far above the cup rim, the local LIC wants at least one side of the lid touching the rim.

Nice haul tho, last trip there I picked up a full Large cup of the Dark Tan 2x2 Tiles (design id: 3068) (plus a few more that went into a mixed cup). I haven't gotten around to counting (or even un-cupping them) yet but the online PaB price lists at $.09 each, I'm sure I've got more than 150 in there which means I came out ahead of the Online PaB price (and Bricklink prices as well it appears).

Anyone use the brickbuildr online pick a brick inventory tracker ?

Wondering if anyone in Toronto could update the store there since it's new. They seemed to have a small selection last time I was there, I wonder how often they will get changes and do they ever mix more than one shape of the same colour in the same bin? like 1x4 with 1x3 of the same colour to save space?

Anyone use the brickbuildr online pick a brick inventory tracker ?

Wondering if anyone in Toronto could update the store there since it's new. They seemed to have a small selection last time I was there, I wonder how often they will get changes and do they ever mix more than one shape of the same colour in the same bin? like 1x4 with 1x3 of the same colour to save space?

I've never seen the local store mix parts in the bins but I get there on maybe a monthly basis, usually a bit longer between trips.

How fast the parts changes varies upon how fast the current parts sell out, hard to predict, certain parts are almost certain, 2 x 4 bricks in a variety of color's, they are considered basic (and I believe essential). I know at the local Lug meeting a couple months back it was mentioned that a number of 'new' previously unavailable for PaB wall selection parts had been added to the order list, I believe this included things like the reported Horses, the technic turntables and a lot of other interesting parts would be order-able. some of the selection will vary upon what the store asks for and then what the warehouse has left when the order is actually pulled.

I know that the Bamboo Leaves come and go as do the tree foliage pieces, I don't think I've ever seen a time where there were NO tires on some sort or another....

I think i did OK for my first attempt:

5826801311_1b18880e13_z.jpg

IMG_0073 by captainoftheknights, on Flickr

I didnt even do any special packing, just switched between big and little pieces and shook it a lot while i was filling it.

How fast the parts changes varies upon how fast the current parts sell out, hard to predict, certain parts are almost certain, 2 x 4 bricks in a variety of color's, they are considered basic (and I believe essential).

I kept meaning to take pictures of the wall to fill in the inventory...but have forgotten to when I get there being caught up in the PaB loading frenzy.

It's funny that they do have a variety of interesting coloured 2x4's, when for most MOCs, I think people are using 1 wide bricks and not the 2-wide. I've rarely seen a high volume of 2x4 usage, but HUGE amounts of 1-wide usage in grays, tans, etc...which was a little disappointing to find these NOT on the Toronto PaB wall.

Next time I make it out, I'll try and do an inventory check.

Awesome that someone's made entries for the UK stores. I'll be looking to keep things updated for the Westfield store.

I kept meaning to take pictures of the wall to fill in the inventory...but have forgotten to when I get there being caught up in the PaB loading frenzy.

It's funny that they do have a variety of interesting coloured 2x4's, when for most MOCs, I think people are using 1 wide bricks and not the 2-wide. I've rarely seen a high volume of 2x4 usage, but HUGE amounts of 1-wide usage in grays, tans, etc...which was a little disappointing to find these NOT on the Toronto PaB wall.

Next time I go to the Toronto PAB I'll just grab at least one piece from every section and punch in the inventory with what I got. I think if when you plan what your going to get you can make better decisions based on what you have already and what you need. It won't be probably till the fall though. You can check other stores and guess what your local store might have, I find they have similar inventories, especially when looking at new stock.

The 2x4's are quite plentiful in most of the colors, I got a few last time and found out as I was building terrain features they are more usefull than 1x4 (which are better for structures). So next time I plan on taking a lot of tan, brown, green and dark bley. They take up a lot of space but those 2x4's are actually quite uncommon in most of the advanced sets so I always grab a few.

On Friday at the Shaumburg Store I got

71 Black Scorpions

145 Clear 1x2 Bricks

43 Dark Stone 1x2 log bricks

189 Brown 1x2 log bricks

134 Dark Stone 1x1 tile with clip on top

1 trans red 1x1 round plate

1 black 2x2 brick

1 clear 2x4x2 windshield

Also, the Store manager told me that soon more variety will be available at the PAB walls, because some of the K boxes will cost $150 instead of $70. An example would be horses or scorpions. So most of the items will not be going up in price, they are just doing this to insure that rarer pieces are available.

On Friday at the Shaumburg Store I got

71 Black Scorpions

145 Clear 1x2 Bricks

43 Dark Stone 1x2 log bricks

189 Brown 1x2 log bricks

134 Dark Stone 1x1 tile with clip on top

1 trans red 1x1 round plate

1 black 2x2 brick

1 clear 2x4x2 windshield

Also, the Store manager told me that soon more variety will be available at the PAB walls, because some of the K boxes will cost $150 instead of $70. An example would be horses or scorpions. So most of the items will not be going up in price, they are just doing this to insure that rarer pieces are available.

Wow 71 scorpions, what are you going to do with so many? Is there an alternate use for them like maybe as a hook or something?

The first time I went I primarily went for very basic pieces that I could use everywhere, I'd hate to get stuck with a lot pieces I'll never use.

It's kinda fun looking at the Denmark store inventory on BrickBuildr, It's updated almost daily and I notice a lot of the new stuff that's coming out shows up in a lot of the other stores. Gives you an idea of what to expect.

Most AFOl's build in 1 by X, but part of the 'draw' of the PaB wall is for the younger crowd, and I suspect THAT group uses more 2 by X than 1 by X's... They can create things that will hold together, or have a better chance of doing so. I always have to remember that the 'core' audience for this product is Children, even though there are numerous 'People with Experience' that also use our favorite plastic blocks. We may promote others to enjoy LEGO, we may gift it to younger acquaintances so they may both enjoy it and perhaps get hooked on it. Some folks make money or even a living from it, there are many reasons, likely as many reason as there are fans of LEGO for our enjoyment and use of it.

But the 'Core' market is children, it's been a while since I watched random kids build (in this day and age, well it could be taken the wrong way) but in the past when something falls apart they add pieces in whatever way they feel will make it NOT fall apart, not often is that a bunch of 1 by X to my recollection...... That is why I tend to think of the 2 x4's as an 'Basic" and even "Essential' element on the PaB wall.

I've paid some attention to what folks fill the PaB cubs with, for most kids it's a few of this, a hand full of that, they tend to get a wide variety but small quantity of any particular piece.

Me? I get a lot of the small stuff from the PaB wall, or the less common stuff. I gravitate towards things like, cheese slopes, tiles (oh yes times!) the small plates or even some of the 1 by X bricks. I have never yet filled a cup of 2 x 4 bricks, not had the need to so far, have to decide if I will once I get stuff sorted out and actually build again. I go for a quarter, half or even a full cup of whatever I'm targeting to fill my PaB cup. I go for having enough of whatever it is to make something BIG when I go to use the pieces, shrugs it's the way I am.

Edited by Bearded Castle Guy

Wow 71 scorpions, what are you going to do with so many? Is there an alternate use for them like maybe as a hook or something?

The first time I went I primarily went for very basic pieces that I could use everywhere, I'd hate to get stuck with a lot pieces I'll never use.

It's kinda fun looking at the Denmark store inventory on BrickBuildr, It's updated almost daily and I notice a lot of the new stuff that's coming out shows up in a lot of the other stores. Gives you an idea of what to expect.

I Didn't really have a plan for the scorpions when I bought them, except maybe as heroica enemies. I just thought "Scorpions are Cool!" and dumped them in. When I was sorting the pieces I stacked them in a spiral and they look very cool that way. In the end I'll probably use them as Fleebnorks for a moonbase module, even though fleebnorks are supposed to be transparent neon green.

6/17/11 Beachwood, Ohio store

3 Large PAB Cups

Cup #1

240 Grey 1x4

146 Red 2x2 Flat

S@H Cost $61.23

Cup #2

75 Yellow 1x6

75 Yellow 1x4

75 Yellow 1x2

192 Red 2x2 Flat

S@H Cost $60.03

Cup #3

Did the best by far on this cup

19 White 1x2x5

4 Sm Rims

4 Sm Tires

2 Bearing Plate 1x4 Double

2 White 1x1x5

16 Orange 1x4

16 Green 1x4

20 Tan 4x6 Plates

25 Tan 2x8 Plates

155 Med Blue Blue 1x2

82 Trans Clr 1x2 Plates

147 Trans Yellow 1x1 Round Plates

65 Red 2x2 Flat

S@H Cost $79.56

Paid $43.97

S@H Total Cost $200.82

Total Savings: $156.85

Edited by LegoCityMann

I think i did OK for my first attempt:

IMG_0073 by captainoftheknights, on Flickr

I didnt even do any special packing, just switched between big and little pieces and shook it a lot while i was filling it.

Wow I wish my LEGO store had crates :oh: Nice Haul!

6/17/11 Beachwood, Ohio store

Cup #3

Did the best by far on this cup

19 White 1x2x5

4 Sm Rims

4 Sm Tires

2 Bearing Plate 1x4 Double

2 White 1x1x5

16 Orange 1x4

16 Green 1x4

20 Tan 4x6 Plates

25 Tan 2x8 Plates

155 Maersk Blue 1x2

82 Trans Clr 1x2 Plates

147 Trans Yellow 1x1 Round Plates

65 Red 2x2 Flat

S@H Cost $79.56

Paid $43.97

S@H Total Cost $200.82

Total Savings: $156.85

Are you sure those are Maersk blue and not medium blue?