Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Venator MOC

indexed.gif

Hi there.

I know a few of these have been floating around the forum recently, so I decided to give it a go. It is the clone wars version with no red colouring down the centre. It has no interior unfortunately, due to the structure. :hmpf_bad: The control panels are supposed to be lights on the side and bridge, btw. It took two days to build with an airfix model to look at.

venator_009.jpg

More at brickshelf (when public) : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=342937

C&C are welcome.

Greetings,

JD

Edited by KimT

To be honest, it doesn't look much like a Venator at all. :sceptic: The overall shape (of the "wings") is quite different from that of a Venator. It looks more like a prelim design/prototype of the Venator. And since it doesn't even have an interior, there isn't much finesse to this MOC. :sadnew:

If you truly wanted to recreate a Venator, you should have taken at least ONE look at a "real" Venator (or at least the upcoming Lego set) before you started to build this thing.

Just my honest criticism.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Fair point. :tongue: Meh. I was planning to update it anyway. I suppose I glanced a couple of times at the new set coming out this summer when in the forums. I couldn't help it. Any bits I could improve except the wings? Or should I just start over? :tongue: I did make it in two days, so it was slightely rushed.

EDIT: I just realized I did look at my airfix Venator model. :blush: I put it away after and totally forgot about it. Sorry.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I have to agree with Oky Wan Kenobi. It doesn't really look like the Venator. I would suggest looking at Lego's set for inspiration.

i disagree, it actually does look like a venator but its just that its not coloured

Its pretty amazing you did that in 2 days.

I like it but I agree that it deffernetly NEEDS RED :classic:

without Red a Venanator just isn't a Venanator :tongue:

CommanderFox

Without the red, it looks like a CIS ship... :tongue:

Still, it is a nice MOC. :thumbup:

Its pretty amazing you did that in 2 days.

I like it but I agree that it deffernetly NEEDS RED :classic:

without Red a Venanator just isn't a Venanator :tongue:

CommanderFox

A Venanator? It's called a Venator... :tongue:

It is a good attempt but need's some red. I think it is quite good but needs some improvments. Also I think the centre where it gets thin, it gets too thin. Anyway good attempt.