Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Steeple Brink Cove & 'Cruel Coppinger'

Another wonderful creation Derfel! The building shows some influences from Port Gaverne, it is really nice and amazingly detailed.

The cliff is a nice piece of work too. It fits perfect in here, I don't know how a cannon can be up there, since there is no ladder or crane... :pir_laugh2:

The port himself looks good as well, especially the docks with the stones, very realistic. The beach is well done too and I like the small river under the bridge.

Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments. As regards to the cannon, there is actually a door behind it. This is a secret passage that runs down and comes up into the basement of the cottage. Thats how he got it up there, every smuggler needs his secret tunnels.

Ohhh excellent! I love all the details in it, I just love the mountain and the beach!

WOW

amazing MOC you made here. I like the design of the house and the rock.

And I'm glad someone isn't afraid to show his studs. :pir-tongue:

great job :thumbup:

Thanks, yes i must admit I really like making land based mocs at the moment. Although I do have another ship in the works. I like to get ideas from places I vistit and once im fixed on a vision of what i want to make then i just go for it. The Cornish coast of england really interests me at the moment, lots of old little ports and coves steeped in myth. Great for inspiration :pir-cry_happy:

The Cornish coast of england really interests me at the moment, lots of old little ports and coves steeped in myth. Great for inspiration :pir-cry_happy:

Im taking some SMALL inspiration from my home town of South Haven, MI USA. I have taken a general interest in the naval battles of the great lakes in the war of 1812. We also have a replica tall ship in our port, so sooner or later I will have to make a MOC of that too.

One more time, way to go, VERY nice port!

One question, with a project like this, using so much raw materials, will you keep it assembled? Or will you disasemble it when you make something else?

-Super

What a very impressive MOC !

I like how you mixed old'n'new pirates torsos and heads.

But what I like the most is the little wall around the beach : you really succeed with the 1x2 tiles as bricks !

The house in the Medieval Market style is a very nice touch, as the big amount of grey bricks as hideout !

Very well done! :thumbup:

Thanks, I could probably could have left it assembled because i used mostly small ellements for this moc, expecialy in the stone wall and the house. However, Its allready been taken apart and all the pieces sorted back into their correct boxes - takes an age! :pir-hmpf_bad: I dont usually keep them assembled for long, usually take them apart the day after ive photographed them. Im always wanting to get on with the next moc as soon as I can, Ive allways got an idea on the go and I enjoy the build and seeing that idea come together :pir-classic:

True, but it hurts me if I demolish a MOC where I've spend hours of time in. I always try to improve them so long as I can.

I build new MOCs, but from new parts. Yes, my room is very crowded at the moment. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks, I could probably could have left it assembled because i used mostly small ellements for this moc, expecialy in the stone wall and the house. However, Its allready been taken apart and all the pieces sorted back into their correct boxes - takes an age! :pir-hmpf_bad: I dont usually keep them assembled for long, usually take them apart the day after ive photographed them. Im always wanting to get on with the next moc as soon as I can, Ive allways got an idea on the go and I enjoy the build and seeing that idea come together :pir-classic:

Oh man... I just couldn't! Especially one that nice!

My problem is that I build something, and then those parts are gone forever to me....

Makes it harder to build, you know?

I would love to keep my moc's assembled, expecially the bigger ones. I know you can always get new bricks to build new mocs with, but as soon as i get any new bricks I always want to combine them with the ones ive used and see if i can make a bigger better moc. Plus, i mainly build quite large moc's and i would never have the space to put them and there would be too many bricks sitting around that i could be using. Port Gaverne is still assembled though, but only cause i originaly thought of adding to it, but now im thinking that the 'port gaverne' chapter is finished. So it looks like i'll be sending the pirate fleet in to destroy it :pir-classic:

Wow, amazing as usual. How do you connect all those 1x2 dark grey tiles? I love seeing large detailed mocs like these, not enough people seem to make them. Great work, now you have to better it :pir_laugh2:

Is that a challenge? :pir_laugh2: How about a 17th century fishing port, complete with village, lighthouse etc. All seems perfect in this village, but it hides a dark secret. An ancient curse is about to come true, and a legendary pirate will rise again! :pir_laugh2: Maybe, or, seeing as im english, i should look at our own famous pirates. The rise of Bartholomew Roberts or Edward Teach. I dont know :pir_laugh2: got a new moc on the way though, i will try my best to better it :pir-cry_sad: