Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Mafia and Mystery Appreciation Tag

What's going on here?

As some of you may have already noticed, there is a new tag floating around the forum, a decidedly menacing one with a pistol and the letter M, which does not stand for menacing, but Mafia and Mystery instead.

Why are we doing this?

Being a regular participant in Mafia and Mystery games takes a lot of dedication and time, and definitely adds to the enjoyment of those games. Clearly, it's something we'd like to encourage and recognise, and this is how we're doing it: a tag.

maf.gif

This tag

How do you get one?

First, the easiest way NOT to get one is to ask. If you ask, either in a thread or in a game, you won't get one, and worse, you'll be added to the "not going to get one list" which currently doesn't exist. I hope it never does.

That said, these special tags will be awarded, primarily between games, to people who have shown quality participation over the course of several games, whether playing or hosting. The best way to improve your chances of getting one is to do just that, participate, add quality and enjoyment to the games you're involved in, and don't be a jerk. I can't really find a better way to say that, but it just means not complaining and whining a lot or doing things to disrupt a game. It also means not disappearing or forgetting to play.

It's really that simple. Play well (where have I heard that before?) and we just might show our appreciation.

The initial round of recipients includes all players who have successfully won 2 or more games, plus those who have participated in the vast majority of games ever held here and made an effort to add quality to those games.

The Current Recipients (in alphabetical order)

Dragonator

Hinckley (his is so tiny you can't see it... don't ask :hmpf_bad: )

ImperialScouts

ImperialShadows

Quarryman

Sir Dillon

stash2sixx

TheBrickster

TinyPiesRUs

Trexxen

WhiteFang

Zepher

Before anyone asks (DON'T ASK), there are several of you who are very close, but just need a tiny bit more participation to reach the goal.

So there you have it, our latest way to say thank you to the community for participating in and enjoying the fun and exciting opportunities offered here on EB.

Feel free to reply to this thread, but remember the only rule or I'll have to stop the car and come back there. :grin:

As some of you may have already noticed, there is a new tag floating around the forum

Someone noticed? :tongue:

a decidedly menacing one with a pistol and the letter M, which does not stand for menacing, but Mafia and Mystery instead.

Then why is there only one M?

Interesting idea, and the tag looks nice.

Glad to be part of the gang! They look great and are a fun add-on to the great fanbase for Mafias and Mysteries here!

Hinckley (his is so tiny you can't see it... don't ask :hmpf_bad: )

That's what she said!

:tongue:

:cry_sad:

Anyways, this is a great idea - hopefully it will give more incentive for players to get into the game and not quit or pester the hosts to death. =P Although, admittedly people shouldn't need an incentive at all...And thanks for putting me on ze list!

~Trexxen

Anyways, this is a great idea - hopefully it will give more incentive for players to get into the game and not quit or pester the hosts to death. =P Although, admittedly people shouldn't need an incentive at all...And thanks for putting me on ze list!

Personally, I don't think it should be seen as an incentive to join and play, that should come out of the players actual desire to play, not just to have the tag.

Creating a Mafia/Mystery tag like the Star Wars one is a great idea!

Personally, I don't think it should be seen as an incentive to join and play, that should come out of the players actual desire to play, not just to have the tag.

I agree - this tag should motivate Mafia-goers to play better and participate more, not the reverse.

Ah, so this is what it is for!

I think this is a great idea. It's a great looking Tag, too :sweet: !

Glad to be part of the gang!

Well, we had to have at least one dame in the group. :grin:

That's what she said!

Always glad to know that my efforts aren't wasted. :pir_laugh2:

And thanks for putting me on ze list!

Thanks for earning your place! :thumbup:

I agree - this tag should motivate Mafia-goers to play better and participate more, not the reverse.

Yeah yeah, in a perfect world. As I said, it's our way of saying thanks, and maybe it will motivate someone to make the effort to participate after they've already joined. I don't expect people to join games to get it, I just hope it'll be one more perk to get them to play once they are part of a game.

Thanks! It was all me, from the idea to creating the tag. ME ME ME! :blush:

Well, it was. :grin:

I did have help deciding on the first recipients, however, so a special thanks to what's his name and that other guy. :tongue:

A nice idea Shadows, although I do worry when I read that list. I mean, surely it can't be good to have so many mentally disturbed people in one place... :look:

No wonder so many people are comically killed in most of these games. :laugh:

Thanks again, a very nice touch indeed. Gotta love the design as well. :thumbup:

Ditto, It looks good. I think everyone on the list deserves it. :classic:

I did have help deciding on the first recipients, however, so a special thanks to what's his name and that other guy. :tongue:

Ah, thanks you guys. :blush:

I just have a few questions I'd like to ask about this tag.

1) When are the tags awarded? I.E. After the completion of a game, after the completion of all games currently in play, etc.

2) Are the tags awarded in batches? I.E. After X amount of members earn the tag, all are given it at once.

3) Do you automatically receive one by winning a game?

1) When are the tags awarded? I.E. After the completion of a game, after the completion of all games currently in play, etc.

Between games, primarily.

2) Are the tags awarded in batches? I.E. After X amount of members earn the tag, all are given it at once.

There is no standard.

3) Do you automatically receive one by winning a game?

Not necessarily. In the latest case, Escape the Fate earned one by scoring a win all alone in a tough scenario.

Sign in to follow this