the enigma that is badger

BrickArms First Wave 2009 Now Available!

Forgot to include this: a nice shot illustrating the perfect color-matching Will has achieved with these new items. BrickArms Dark Grey and Gunmetal are identical to LEGO Dark "Bley" and Pearl Dark Grey

3423076292_8551ebf4a5_m.jpg

do you know wave when the second wave is coming?

No, not specifically. Will does have some big plans, but he's likely to be plenty busy for a least awhile with all these great new accessories he's just added.

Oh excellent, I shall have to get hold of some of these immediately! I am looking forward to getting a solid-colour Dadao. :grin: Really neat to see them available in four colours, I like that. :thumbup:

Hmmm, I need to get the second part of my review done ASAP! Expect something in the next 2 days... :wink:

Finally some new items :laugh: I have been waiting a long time for those u-clips, I have so much ideas. And more colors, really like the gunmetal color, hope there will be more colors in the future like brown and dark green. And finaly a steampunk pack, this is a big year for brickarms :sweet: .

Great Job Brickarms! Each year at Brickworld I make a buy of brickarms, and it looks like this year will be my biggest and most diverse purchase yet.

The Lewis gun and dadao are brilliant, and I'm particularly impressed with the sword, rapier, and navy revolver. Those 3 remind me of some of the playmobile accessories, and I mean that in a good way. Brickarms' getting into bladed weapons and offering alternate colors crosses over into areas formerly monopolized by Brickforge. This kind of compeition/complementing is sure go produce alot of great accessories from both companies in the future, and that can only be a good thing.

Beautiful, just beautiful. :wub:

Now i've just got to save money to buy some of these at BW. :cry_happy:

Beautiful, just beautiful. :wub:

Now i've just got to save money to buy some of these at BW. :cry_happy:

Ditto! These are absolutely amazing, and they have convinced me to finally buy some. One more reason I can't wait until Brickworld!

Great! I've wited ages for the perfect time to make my forst BA order and now is that time. Shame I can't order for two weeks because I'm on holiday... :cry_sad: They better not sell out too quickly! :classic:

These are all great, and I can't wait to place an order.

There's only one problem, though.

Badger, 3 out of 4 of the custom minifigs, and the shotgun (a.k.a. 'Riot Gun') are all backordered. Do you know when he will have some more made and ready to go?

Thanks.

Glad to hear you folks dig the new items!

The Lewis gun and dadao are brilliant, and I'm particularly impressed with the sword, rapier, and navy revolver.

Historical items are a new direction for BrickArms (and are mostly due to the constant begging and pleading of Damien and myself for Will to try his hand at designing some!), but I think these accessories show how beautiful the results can be when Will chooses to tackle them. . .not to mention those great colors!

That said, swords and historical firearms are a new direction for BrickArms, and if you'd love to see more in the future, the best way is to order the ones currently available!

3 out of 4 of the custom minifigs, and the shotgun (a.k.a. 'Riot Gun') are all backordered. Do you know when he will have some more made and ready to go?

Difficult to say. Will is moving from using decals to a pad printer for his custom minifigs. This will allow him to print the design directly onto the minifig torso (or other part) in the same way LEGO does (or used to before decals) and make for much more durable custom figures.

However, as you can likely guess, he's likely to be very busy with orders for the next weeks. That said, when the tidal wave of orders for these new items subsides and with the weather turning from the bitter cold of winter to spring, Will has plans to get his pad printer humming and getting some great designs applied to figs!

Also an issue is headgear. Losing his source of the M1 Helmet (the only BrickArms accessory not designed and produced by Will) meant alot of his figures had to be discontinued. However, that's another area where Will has big plans for the future :wink:

(and are mostly due to the constant begging and pleading of Damien and myself...)

Difficult to say. Will is moving from using decals to a pad printer for his custom minifigs. This will allow him to print the design directly onto the minifig torso (or other part) in the same way LEGO does (or used to before decals) and make for much more durable custom figures.

However, as you can likely guess, he's likely to be very busy with orders for the next weeks. That said, when the tidal wave of orders for these new items subsides and with the weather turning from the bitter cold of winter to spring, Will has plans to get his pad printer humming and getting some great designs applied to figs!

Who is Damien? Because I am Damian, with an 'a', which is ironic because I also love history, and historical weaponry.

And thanks for the information. I was just curious about the minifigs as I would rather not buy anything until the WWII Colonel is ready to go. I am also looking forward to seeing what Will can do as far as headgear.

Also an issue is headgear. Losing his source of the M1 Helmet (the only BrickArms accessory not designed and produced by Will) meant alot of his figures had to be discontinued. However, that's another area where Will has big plans for the future :wink:

I have always wondered, who are the original producer of those helmets?

Oxford, a clone brand.

Ditto, I have some myself from the actual sets.

Yay update! Im suprised the M1917/Indys pistol still is not there?

Anyway I might have to make a order soon although I wish they had the Mp5 back :sadnew:

My order is done! :)

(The big full pack is no more avaible :( )

Im suprised the M1917/Indys pistol still is not there?

Only so much can fit into a production mold! This one was the largest yet, with over 14 new accessories. Unfortunately, not everything can fit, but then there is a reason we're calling this First Wave 2009 :wink:

Anyway I might have to make a order soon although I wish they had the Mp5 back

Unfortunately, that accessory (and a few others) has been permanently discontinued due to issues beyond Will's control.

The big full pack is no more avaible

If you mean the Mega Pack that contained every accessory BrickArms had to offer, then yes, that pack was discontinued as it just getting too big! Even including just one of every item would put the pack at too high a price point. Look for smaller, theme-based packs from BrickArms in the future.

Oxford, a clone brand.

Do you have confirmation of this? I always wondered about this, as it looks similar to the ones that oxford, and bestlok use. Of course bestlock copies alot of oxford's designs. So that wouldn't be surprising.

Unfortunately, that accessory (and a few others) has been permanently discontinued due to issues beyond Will's control.

Which other accessories have been discontinued?

Care to elaborate on the "issues" beyond Will's control?

Do you have confirmation of this? I always wondered about this, as it looks similar to the ones that oxford, and bestlok use. Of course bestlock copies alot of oxford's designs. So that wouldn't be surprising.

The BrickArms M1 was from Oxford. Best-Lock did copy that design, but upon picking up a few of those sets, they aren't nearly as polished and durable as the Oxford versions.