martinsuper

What do you want to see in the next round of the new line?

I'd like to see:

- Mid-size narrow-hull ship for Imperials (blue torso version) like 6271 $49.99

- Modular coastal town with tavern. Think something like Sail n Fly Marina crossed with Medieval Market $99.99

- A small merchant ship like the one in 6277 - $9.99 to $14.99

- Jungle Island - something like Enchanted Island, with traps, natives, caves (could re-use Indiana Jones temple guards

I wish a cool imperial flagship like zorro said, to fight with the pirate one^^ and some other ships and cool forts, and why not a lighthouse ?

Imperial Flagship and the lighthouse sounds like a great idea. :thumbup:

I want them to re-release old sets (:pir-tongue: )

Some good additions would be the islanders or natives, great way to include pirates or soldiers into the sets as victims and captives

I think we need some more nice ships, with less skull on the canvas, I hate that Lego has always done that, what was wrong with plain solid colors or stripes? :pir-hmpf_bad:

Maybe some new figs, all the ones so far have been great!

Pirate base, similar to old ones and a Soldier base, nice how LEGO sticks with one color of soldier (hehe)

Finally to put the Indy gold idol to use, maybe throw it in a set or two as the islanders treasure :pir-sweet:

:pir-vader: (just testing this one out hehe)

Edited by Piranha

I would like anything that contains new mocable pieces. More pearl gold pieces would be great! A few new ships would be nice to get more reddish brown hulls on the market.. And a new faction would be nice, but Im hoping we will be seeing new bluecoats in the future. The new sets are nice, but they will most likely be scuttled for future mocs! :pir-grin:

-Admiral Béjaune

Edited by Admiral Béjaune

Personaly, id like to see some brand new factions. Why not release some privateers with their own ships and crew. I know everyone wants bluecoats, but i think they should introduce a brand new soldier with new coloured uniforms. We've had redcoats and bluecoats before.

Ships I want to see:

Imperial Ships

Trade Ships

Islander Canoes

Forts:

Imperial Forts

Soldiers:

Green Coats

Blue Coats

Cannons:

~Instead of red artillary carraiges, stick with the Brown.

Monkeys:

A monkey with a an eyepatch and tricorn

A monkey with a shako and sword

I would definitely NOT want to see:

- Any new type of monkey or any non-natural creature (give us cool minifigs, not useless animals)

- Zombie pirates or ghosts (the less supernatural the better)

- Minifigs vs Monster sets like the Vikings (A wonderful key feature of the Pirates theme is the core fig vs fig dynamic between pirates and Imperials).

A big imperial/armada/french/good guys warship with:-

1) 4 cannons on turntables like SES (with 2 more as spare)

2) 8 cannon ports like SES

3) 3 intermediate ship section like the BSB (unlike the Brickbeard's Bounty, only 2 intermediate sections)

4) large sails with no markings and color stripes only like BSB, so that can change allegiance easily

5) Castle at the back that follows the curve of the ship like BSB

6) 10 guys and maybe 1 girl (captain's daughter?) for crew

7) Tall masts like the BSB. The rigging to hold the sail is like BSB (the new ship with technic parts does not look good to me)

8) a crane to lift up rowboats and a place to store the rowboats

9) 2 or more decks on the ship like BSB

10) more loot

11) can float on water with remote control and can fire cannons with a press of a button

12) minimum 1200 pieces :jollyroger:

Sounds more like a UCS ship more than a 100 dollar ship set. :pir-blush: Hey, maybe a UCS imperial ship or BSB is a good idea :pir-skull:

I want another pirate ship or imperial ship. But most of all I want BIG PIRATE FORT or ISLAND.

I want a few things one a new fort with blue coats it would have 4 towers one on each corner and have a dock with a crane.

I would also like too see a weapons and troop expander which would give you 4 or 5 soldiers with a rifle and a cutlass or even a pistol each at a low price of like 2.50.

I'm hoping for some imperial ships and those old blue sea bases as well as like little imperial jale sets like lagoon lock up although the closest is soldiers fort. :pir-classic:

i would really like to see a majorly big castle for the red/blue caots. i notice that in the background of many pirate sets theres a sillouet of a castle. it would be awesome if this were to be made. but like u said, redcoat boat deffinetly. AND REAL BLUE COLORED! not that crap blue theyre using now thats real dark(the roof of the fish stand with the brickbeard wanted poster on it in the soldiers fort set)!!! :jollyroger:

I'd like to see something kinda like this...

bearsisland.jpg

Such a set would have something akin to Eldorado Fortress as a base, and also have a small dock and some soldiers quarters/offices.

I'm thinking mostly civilian sets - i.e. ones that do not have two factions (in the set itself, but combining 2 or more sets you can still oppose the factions):

• A civilian pirate set, similar to Market Village - say a small port with a house, a shop, a crafter of some sort and a small sail vessel etc.;
  • Islanders set including some totems and shaman performing a ritual for the awed tribesmen;
  • A larger shipwreck set with a stranded soldier who has built a house on a deserted island a la Robinson Crusoe;
  • An imperial science expedition set - a semi military vessel that is exploring the flora and fauna of an island - it should include more animals and a few civilian minifigs - scientists (Charles Darwin :) (if someone has seen the movie Master and Commander - that's where I got this idea from)
  • A jungle encounter - deep within the jungle groups of pirates and/or soldiers and natives meet besides an ancient temple used for rituals and worship. The idea, as is historically accurate is to steal something golden from the temple :)

I'm thinking mostly civilian sets - i.e. ones that do not have two factions (in the set itself, but combining 2 or more sets you can still oppose the factions):

• A civilian pirate set, similar to Market Village - say a small port with a house, a shop, a crafter of some sort and a small sail vessel etc.;
  • Islanders set including some totems and shaman performing a ritual for the awed tribesmen;
  • A larger shipwreck set with a stranded soldier who has built a house on a deserted island a la Robinson Crusoe;
  • An imperial science expedition set - a semi military vessel that is exploring the flora and fauna of an island - it should include more animals and a few civilian minifigs - scientists (Charles Darwin :) (if someone has seen the movie Master and Commander - that's where I got this idea from)
  • A jungle encounter - deep within the jungle groups of pirates and/or soldiers and natives meet besides an ancient temple used for rituals and worship. The idea, as is historically accurate is to steal something golden from the temple :)

This is an awesome list, especially the Charles Darwin idea is great. I'm not too fond of the animals but an exploration ship would be great instead of only military and pirate ships.

A colony set in the style of the Medieval Market Village would be awesome as well. This kind of sets are always on the wish-list.

But most over all, I desperately want to see new Bluecoats. :pir-cry_happy:

Bluecoats would be great, but as far as I'm concerned they may stick to redcoats if only they keep making good sets with them. A ship for the soldiers (blue or redcoats - whatever) is something that absolutely MUST be released. Personally I'd prefer new Spanish sets over bluecoats.

As for civilian buildings/boats - I think it's too early for that, I think if the theme lasts, they'll release some new military and pirate sets in 2010, and then maybe some civilian sets in 2011 or late 2010. But that's just my guessing. :pir-skull:

Then we should gather ourselves in a circle and pray, pray for civilian sets! :pir-tongue:

Honestly, I would spend every $ I had on the new sets if they were here now. :pir-cry_happy:

Bluecoats would be great, but as far as I'm concerned they may stick to redcoats if only they keep making good sets with them. A ship for the soldiers (blue or redcoats - whatever) is something that absolutely

Blue coats in the future yes, but there's barely been much red coat activity yet. Only 2 sets technically - equivalent to that of the Imperial Armada. I think we need to see some decent red coat sets before moving onto the blue coats.

MUST be released. Personally I'd prefer new Spanish sets over bluecoats.

I agree with ye laddie!

As for civilian buildings/boats - I think it's too early for that, I think if the theme lasts, they'll release some new military and pirate sets in 2010, and then maybe some civilian sets in 2011 or late 2010. But that's just my guessing. :pir-skull:

What makes you guess civilian sets? There may never have civilian sets in the Pirate theme!

But we could push for a Dutch Merchants theme with the East India Company sometime in the future!

What makes you guess civilian sets? There may never have civilian sets in the Pirate theme!

And there weren't civilian sets in the Castle line either till the Medieval Market Village showed up. So we can always hope for one of these amazing sets, but I'm sure there won't be such sets this year.

But we could push for a Dutch Merchants theme with the East India Company sometime in the future!

That would be amazing... :pir-cry_happy:

I agree with every thing thus far. But I'd like some simpal paks of mini figs and wepons. That way every one could go nuts with there armeys, plus some pakes of cannens would make me a verey happy person.

That's not a half bad idea. Some nice, little battle packs along the lines of the Castle thingies. Of course we'd probably be limited to Red Coats and Pirates, but it's a good idea just so long as they don't include Brickbeard, who is quickly becoming just as common as both captains before him.

I would die for sets like that. Just think of all the cool acessories we would get. That would be a dream theme :pir-wub:

.........But I doubt we will get a theme as such :pir-sceptic:

First off I want 1-3 more waves of Red Coats then about 10 waves of Blue Coats.

After the Blue Coats are done I would want a couple of sub-themes, such as Islanders, a Spainards theme and maybe a theme of pirates fighting other pirates or privateers.

[*]An imperial science expedition set - a semi military vessel that is exploring the flora and fauna of an island - it should include more animals and a few civilian minifigs - scientists (Charles Darwin :) (if someone has seen the movie Master and Commander - that's where I got this idea from)

Ah, yes. "You should always choose the lesser of two weevils. *laughs*"

That would be an interesting set, but I think it's unlikely. The essence of drama is conflict, you see.