Kanal-K1

7747 Wind Turbine

barry, dude, I guess you already know that, but "10-4" = "message received", "acknowledged". Why do you keep using it as a sign-out catch phrase!?

Anyway, this set looks real nice, but at 70EU it would be WAY too overpriced. However, since it is probably going to be a "hard to get" item anyway, I guess that shouldn't be a problem. Collectors' sets usually command steep prices, so this should be no exception.

Exactly! This set for sure will be expensive and hard to get.

barry, dude, I guess you already know that, but "10-4" = "message received", "acknowledged". Why do you keep using it as a sign-out catch phrase!?

i wouldn't worry about that mate...

nothing i do makes sense!

that is the best bit about the world of barry!

barry over and out!

10-4

Edited by barry

Exactly! This set for sure will be expensive and hard to get.

Not so hard I guess, within one week it should land on my desk :tongue:

its just a shame they havn't stuck with green for the 'transport truck'...

I'm happy with these colours. I now feel it looks too much like the 2008 trucks with those curved plates (or however they are called) and I'm happy to see this one in different colours.

Too bad it is with the big ugly sleeper piece. I wish there was more variation with the trucks, I think even the 6-wide trucks from 2006, 2007 etc. had more variation in design.

Consarnit, i can't find any photos of this!

Anyway, i heard it's smaller. If so, i'll have to find some way to make it closer to the original scale, get vestas stickers and get the PF components and parts for the house.

Consarnit, i can't find any photos of this!

Anyway, i heard it's smaller. If so, i'll have to find some way to make it closer to the original scale, get vestas stickers and get the PF components and parts for the house.

Here you have one:

http://i44.tinypic.com/158qdz.jpg

'Bricks'

Edited by Hinckley
removed photo

Not so hard I guess, within one week it should land on my desk :tongue:

Is it hard for you to let one land on my desk as well? :grin:

Too bad it is with the big ugly sleeper piece. I wish there was more variation with the trucks, I think even the 6-wide trucks from 2006, 2007 etc. had more variation in design.

:hmpf_bad: I couldn´t have said it better!

Now come on, TLC - back to the older design of trucks.

ok i like it :thumbup: i like that they included another car in it. the turbine doesnt look to scale though. itll be waaay too overpriced

Is it hard for you to let one land on my desk as well? :grin:

My thoughts exactly!! Well, KanalK1, will you be our personal Santa? :grin::sweet:

Here you have one:

http://i44.tinypic.com/158qdz.jpg

'Bricks'

DAAAAAH, it's too small! they said we'd be getting the Vestas set, but without the house!

DAMN YOU VESTAS, DAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOU!

Those fools know a smaller turbine generates less energy, i have to waste more money buying them en masse!

Edited by maiq the liar

DAAAAAH, it's too small! they said we'd be getting the Vestas set, but without the house!

DAMN YOU VESTAS, DAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOU!

Those fools know a smaller turbine generates less energy, i have to waste more money buying them en masse!

they just shrank the picture of the turbine, so it could fit on the box

they just shrank the picture of the turbine, so it could fit on the box

Umm, no. Lego never does that on box art in order to avoid being misleading, and they haven't done it here either.

The only thing they have done is take one blade off and put it on the transport truck.

The set *is* a wind turbine transport - how big can you possibly expect the turbine to be? :wacko:

Umm, no. Lego never does that on box art in order to avoid being misleading, and they haven't done it here either.

The only thing they have done is take one blade off and put it on the transport truck.

The set *is* a wind turbine transport - how big can you possibly expect the turbine to be? :wacko:

ok nevermind, without the blade it does look pretty short, and anyways if you look at it compared to the fig, its actually tall

I think I prefer the smaller size, even if it isn't to scale. The smaller would fit nicer into a town display.

Steve

I think I prefer the smaller size, even if it isn't to scale. The smaller would fit nicer into a town display.

I prefer the smaller version too! My apartment is somewhat small and this is the reason why I've never considered buying the #4999 Vestas windmill -- although I love its design.

Actually I like the small house in the #4999 Vestas set and I don't want a large truck as provided in the #7747. So I won't buy this set, and I would prefer to get a small windmill with the same house as the Vestas.

Actually, space-wise I don't think this set is any more economical than the 4999.

The 4999 is very tall but sits on a single 32x32 baseplate so should easily fit into most layouts. The turbine blades would also sit above most Lego buildings so are unlikely to clash there. This transporter looks to be longer than 32 studs and like many City vehicles needs somewhere to be housed when at rest.

I agree with everyone else who noticed this: the windmill is definitely not to scale on the box. Just compare the minifig with the baseplate next to him or the arm on the windmill against the one on the truck!

Edited by Carbohydrates

ok i like it :thumbup: i like that they included another car in it. the turbine doesnt look to scale though. itll be waaay too overpriced

Why do you that it'll be overprized?! Do you already know its price?

When I look at kiddiwinks I can read that it'll be - translated into Euros - about around 50-60 Euros. That's imo not cheap - but surely even not overpriced. :wink:

BTW, Klaus-Dieter, you spelled you name wrong :grin:

Thanks, prateek! :sweet:

I revamped it - don't now how that could happen since I nearly always read through my comments before or at last after posting them. :blush:

Btw: I looked at the pic of the poster in my Lego Club magazine and it's right: There is an Octan sticker on it -so it's very supposably that this awesome set will include an Octan sticker on the turbine, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The truck is beautifull , the car is beautifull, but the wind turbine is horrible and very very very small ... :hmpf_bad:

I think the wind turbine on the box is printed not-in-scale with the minifig beside it. If you look at the picture, you can see that the base of the turbine is not standing on the same ground as the rest of the set, and in the small picture on the bottom-right the real length of the pole of the turbine is shown when it is transported by the truck. To me it looks it will be taller than the main picture on the box.

I agree with Legoist, the picture looks like it has been adjusted to fit the box. So it may not be as small as it appears, besides with a little work and a few parts it can be made a lot taller.

ktranger

My thoughts exactly!! Well, KanalK1, will you be our personal Santa? :grin::sweet:

Will check what I can do. :pirate: . Btw.

Actually on many recent sets, they do resize the objects to fit - or rather they use exaggerated "perspective" ("further back" objects in the scene are much smaller). Often it makes some part of the model look smaller than it is - which on one or two sets I think is not to Lego's advantage - but they have their own ideas about which parts will be most "interesting" to consumers.

Example on S@H: Construction Site - note the digger in the rear is smaller - the minifig in it way tinier than the minifig in the foreground.

I think that it's now time for TLG to do something about the vehicles' wheels. One type of wheels in every vehicle just doesn't fit. We are all saying that the scale has been fixed when it comes to vehicles (4 wide and 6 wide and all this debate) but it's a step back in my opinion for TLG to use the same and the same type of wheels and mudguards.

The reason i'm saying this is because (for once more) the yellow vehicle looks unbalanced to the eye. The wheels popping out from the main body makes it look too narrow and although that i'm a 4 wide defender (?????) :wacko:, this is something that just doesn't do the job for me. :hmpf_bad:

I know that the yellow car is just a sideshow for the rest set and I should be focused on the main features of the set but it is still a part of it.