Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Laffite's Landing

thindexedgif.gif 70a

Finally worked out how to get an interior out of the shingle technique - clicky.

landing1.jpg

landing2.jpg

:pir-sweet:

Its amazing, the interior of the hut is so small but it just buit so well, all the little details make it perfect. The wharf looks great, I can see all the tubes holding the little peices together and the string just adds more detail. I love how the fish is being held up by a hook. The pig looks so cute makes me want to go make one. The only thing I dislike is why is there orangy flats on the roof, they just look a bit to bright.

Amazing! I had to try that wall technique immediately and it looks really good IRL too. A little unstable but it keeps together if you're careful.

There are so many great techniques is this MOC! The trees, the pig(!), the smoke and the little lantern (is that a screwdriver inside?!).

I really enjoy looking at your MOCs, SlyOwl. There is always new incredible details to discover every time you look. :pir-sweet:

Oh, the interior is really nice too, the candles, the cow(?) cranium, the... I should stop now before I passes out for being exposed to too much awesome MOCing... :pir_laugh2:

another amazing technique from slyowl Oo great Idea for this wall! it's impressive and very well done!

mind if I borrow you "cow skull" technique ?

Edited by Guss

Interesting technique for the wall, thanks for sharing the magic behind it!

I wished I could better see how the skeleton on the wall is constructed. Hard to see all details with the white background.

Again you've made a creation worthy of your reputation!

Lovely MOC again SlyOwl!

There are so many interesting techniques in here, especially the walls. Such an awesome smart technique, yet so simple!

The interior looks great with the skull and dartboard, nice! :thumbup:

Making the jetty out of those bricks is a nice idea which I might use in my coming MOCs

The flags used to be smoke is also a nice touch.

Great work SlyOwl! :thumbup:

Absolutely fantastic SlyOwl. I love the way you made that dock, and the roof top is very creative - what a great design. I really love seeing little scenes like this.

Great job! :thumbup:

An incredibly charming and accurate scenery. The hut, the interior, the jetty and the fine Blue Bayou landscaping... marvelous!

The two tiered picture background´s an interesting and nice idea too.

Edited by Asuka

Thanks for sharing your wall technic !

I really like the effect, and the left corner with the trees is very well done too.

Really great MOC (as always ? :pir-tongue: )

Excellent work Sly!

I hadn't figured the shingles out yet, thanks a lot for unraffeling the secret!

I'm going to use this wall technique on the Prins Willim, as it is typical on Dutch ships from the 17th century.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

I also noticed this kind of walls would fit perfectly for ships from the 17th century, I might try it myself once. :thumbup:

CGH: Using this technique would be awesome on your ship.

Omg!!... Thats freakin' brilliant. How come you always use these marvellous bilding technics?? It's so nice! Really great work. I'd like to see some more pics though.

The chair is great, and the candles are awesome. As well goes for the smoke and the small dock. The skull is really innovative and the dog (?) is also quite nice.

Stunning as usual Sly. :pir-sweet:

Many thanks for sharing the wall technique, it's very interesting and gives a lovely effect. Does each panel ust rest against the building? Your dock looks beautiful as well with the string.

Excellent work.

Amazing.....usual :pir-hmpf_bad: Isn't there anything that you build that can be improved?

:oh: I SEE SOMETHING, nothing big or critical but the table is a bit wide. I would suggest you make it a little smaller.

Anyway It looks great. Good job :thumbup:

Thanks all! :pir-cry_happy:

For the record, the thing on the grass is a pig, only it would be tan, but for not having the right parts :pir-laugh:

The only thing I dislike is why is there orangy flats on the roof, they just look a bit to bright.

I had light orange on there to start with :pir-tongue:

There are so many great techniques is this MOC! The trees, the pig(!), the smoke and the little lantern (is that a screwdriver inside?!).

Yup!

mind if I borrow you "cow skull" technique ?

No problemo!

I wished I could better see how the skeleton on the wall is constructed. Hard to see all details with the white background.

It's similar to this (from Nassau... ah, the good ol' days)

99morestuff.jpg

Excellent work Sly!

I hadn't figured the shingles out yet, thanks a lot for unraffeling the secret!

I'm going to use this wall technique on the Prins Willim, as it is typical on Dutch ships from the 17th century.

If you're not doing an interior, it's much easier (and stronger) to just put the tiles onto stepped plates, and then use a hinge brick to hold the assembly up :pir-wink:

Many thanks for sharing the wall technique, it's very interesting and gives a lovely effect. Does each panel ust rest against the building?

Kinda. The outside of the assembly is 1 plate shorter than the inside, so it can only fall out inwards. The two hands sticking out the bottom have to be recessed into the ground, so that helps keep it up too. The ones in the corners are trapped against the 1x1x5 black brick in the corner, so can't move and that leaves just one panel free to fall over :pir-grin:

There could probably be a way to keep each section up by using a technic brick e.t.c. in each of the pillars.