Trexxen

Lego Rock Band...Confirmed!

And the screenshot looks familiar...it looks exactly like every other Lego game TT's ever produced!!! What a surprise

I imagine it'll either be Rock Band with the graphics changed or Lego Star Wars/Star Wars 2/Complete Saga/Indy/Batman with the graphics changed.

If the game fits the usual Rock Band style, you'll be able to use your DLC with the game, so gogo Children Of Bodom and Between The Buried And Me! =P

I'm going to buy it, for four reasons so far.

1. I have every Rock Band and GH game so far (or have had); no reason to break that now.

2. It's freaking LEGO Rock Band. Meaning there'll likely be some sets from it...*drool*

3. Kung Fu Fighting. If this game is exportable like AC/DC, it's going to see a lot of sales for this...

4. ...and for The Final Countdown. YEEES. I can play it on keyboard and sing it; and the guitar has a nice solo. Epic win, Harmonix. =D

~Trexxen

I see a news today on jeuxvideo.com (in french sorry). There is some pictures inside.

Somebody knows something about Rock Band Lego Sets ?

I don't own any of the consoles one needs to play this but I DO like it.

Especially if LEGO releases some sets to go with it.

it just okay if it just only a game for console~

i think it would be great if there are some cool parts or minifigs release~

but ...one think i am pretty sure is i probably only buy the figs not the whole set~

btw....what are those zits like thing on the torso of the minifig :cry_sad: ? i cant figure out what it is even i studied it for more than 5 times... :cry_sad:

btw....what are those zits like thing on the torso of the minifig :cry_sad: ? i cant figure out what it is even i studied it for more than 5 times... :cry_sad:

If I'm looking at the same picture as you I think there hairs.

Yay! Maybe rock band 2 will now lower in price. :grin:

I've only got Rock Band 1 with the big band kit when it was on clearance. :thumbup:

I'm not a firm believer in getting the latest game and spending $60 for it. :sick:

If there are a lot of good sings on it, i'll get it though. :wink:

If there are a lot of good sings on it, i'll get it though. :wink:
What kind of signs would you like :tongue: ? Like this one?:

Cucumbers_club_by_Avero.jpg

CopMike

Eh...

It is obviously an ill-disguised attempt by LEGO and TT to capitalize on the success of that Guitar Hero franchise. While I have no interest in Guitar Hero and so no interest in LEGO Rock Band, I must admit it is an interesting business idea. The only question is whether LEGO can garner enough fans of Guitar Hero--I guess it depends on how family friendly Guitar Hero is in comparison. If families find nothing wrong with that franchise, they may very well not bother getting a LEGO version that may not be up to the same standard.

But hey, what do I know? I've never listened to or played in a rock band in my life ('cept maybe Santana, if anyone remembers them...)

VK

Eh...

It is obviously an ill-disguised attempt by LEGO and TT to capitalize on the success of that Guitar Hero franchise. While I have no interest in Guitar Hero and so no interest in LEGO Rock Band, I must admit it is an interesting business idea. The only question is whether LEGO can garner enough fans of Guitar Hero--I guess it depends on how family friendly Guitar Hero is in comparison. If families find nothing wrong with that franchise, they may very well not bother getting a LEGO version that may not be up to the same standard.

But hey, what do I know? I've never listened to or played in a rock band in my life ('cept maybe Santana, if anyone remembers them...)

VK

The creators of Rock Band are the original creators of Guitar Hero. Rock Band is superior to Guitar Hero in pretty much every way, the creators pioneered the guitar game in the US and also the full band experience. The guy quoted in the article, Dan Teasdale, is a forum goer at another forum I post on and he has stated that Lego Rock Band is not just a cheap cash in, that it will be bringing a bunch of new things to the genre that will make it truly unique, and in some ways the best full band game on the market.

Seriously what is the point in this? Lego Star wars/ Indy/ Batman (even though i dont have this one) had a point, you went through levels with loads of characters (who had different abilites), and fight your way through enemys, get past challenges and find unlockables. How is a lego rock band game gonna be any different from the other rock band games? what you gonna do? build up the stage and the instruments before the song begins?, Smash your way through hordes of screaming fans with your guitar?. Seriously i just dont see how this will work.

The creators of Rock Band are the original creators of Guitar Hero. Rock Band is superior to Guitar Hero in pretty much every way, the creators pioneered the guitar game in the US and also the full band experience. The guy quoted in the article, Dan Teasdale, is a forum goer at another forum I post on and he has stated that Lego Rock Band is not just a cheap cash in, that it will be bringing a bunch of new things to the genre that will make it truly unique, and in some ways the best full band game on the market.

Oh, so this is actually funded by the creators of that whole franchise? Wow, that makes it an even more intelligent decision on LEGO's part. They're cashing in WITH the franchise, instead of against it, thereby reducing competition. Nice.

Can't say it interests me more, but thanks for that info, I wasn't aware that they were all the same creators.

VK

I bet it will sell really well. I work at a TRU in the video game area, and all the LEGO video games since LEGO Star Wars have been great hits. Even when it's not the holiday season we have had a hard time keeping some of them in stock. The Guitar Hero/Rock Band games have also been big sellers. Add the LEGO name and style to one of them and I think it will do very, very well. I'm not sure if I will get it, since I am not too into the Rock Band type games, but if they release band LEGO sets as well, I will definitely get those.

I'm sad to see so many negative feelings toward something that could make big bucks for our lovable hobby. It almost seems like people are forgetting that it is not manditory to purchase, and a simple "I'll pass" would suffice. I'm nearly 99% sure that I will not be getting this (not being a big video gamer) but I am so excited about what this could mean. Giving Lego even more exposure can only be a good thing, especially since they are attaching themselves to such a huge franchise. More fans and more money simply means greater quality for what I'm more interested in: the sets!

Good work, Lego. :]

Yech. I still stand by my belief that the two have nothing in common. I mean, they don't even have a brick-built microphone in the guy's hand, who, now that I mention it, is creepy.

:look:

Plus, it won't sell well, either. It might be good to kids, but little above that. Way to dampen the creative Lego spirit, too. It's just looking for an easy buck.

this is going to be awesome. any lego game is awesome!

More info:

Though we've known about Lego Rock Band -- more or less, that is -- since early this year, an Xbox.com listing for the game has revealed a few more tidbits to satiate our non-stop hunger for more info on the title. For starters, the game's progression has been revealed as incorporating the Lego theme with collectible Lego pieces that will allow you to, "build cooler vehicles and move to new venues." Furthermore, an extra easy (totally for babies) difficult setting has been added to the game for the ... ahem ... less than face-meltingly-advanced Rock Band-ers in our lives.

To add even more Lego flavor to the mix, the game will feature challenges that allow you to "destroy a giant robot, summon a storm, and demolish a skyscraper." One important bullet-point glaringly missing from all news on the game (and its Beatles-themed brethren, for that matter) is the ability to export the songs into Rock Band 2, a la Rock Band 1's tracks. We've put in a note to publisher MTV Games for clarification on this and will keep you updated if and when we hear more info.

(Source)

Looks like it will be better than the normal Rock Band.

Obviously. It's a Lego version, remember? :tongue:

I really can't wait for this, the Beatles Rock Band, and Guitar Hero Van Halen games coming out.

I predicted LEGO Guitar Hero/ Rock Band back in Nov 2007 as seen @ http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=...90b75e7596db879

I was thinking (yes I do that once in a while ) that LEGO should capitalize on their family friendly brand with their own LEGO themed version of Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Before you guys tell me this should be in the software section please here me out since I think LEGO could make actually LEGO sets out of this theme.

While I love Guitar Hero and I really looking forward to Rock Band when it comes out, I don't think these games are suited for younglings and LEGO could come out with their own version and partner up with the creators of GH or RB. Imagine LEGO guys rock'n out on stage and while they might not be singing 'Killing in the Name of' by Rage Against the Machine and etc, it still would be a lot of fun, especially for the younger ones who can't play guitar hero or Rock Band.

LEGO would also make 'LEGO - Rockers' (or 'Little Rockers') sets with some legendary rock/metal bands and offer a person to customize their own band on LEGO-Factory as well. LEGO could also come out with some UCS sets that would let you make a Fender Strat or a killer drum kit (not fullsize ones, just some cool details).

Edited by johnsocal

I predicted LEGO Guitar Hero/ Rock Band back in Nov 2007 as seen @ http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=...90b75e7596db879

I would love if they started making a series of sets for the Rock theme, for example, a set of a Metallica concert. Just raise the suggested age on the box by a few years... :wink:

And a UCS Gibson SG or G-1275 would be very nice sets for the music/lego fanatic.