Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Brickshelf find: Pirates Land

i think it's possible that a small group of pirate fans built this moc together especially for this event, whatever event it may be...

It's definitely one of the 1000steine events they have every summer in Berlin. It's called "1000steine-Land". If I'm deciphering the display cards correctly and "cross-check" with these pictures it should be from 2003...

And wow! That thing is amazing! But Takeshi Itou... in Suvie D's post... those... those... masterpieces... are incredible...

I most appreciate that he shares my joy in working water into as many MOCs a spossible...

God Bless,

Nathan

Look at that train track, where do you suppose that could be going?

To the imperial mines of course... it is powered by captured pirate slaves and vital inquisition 'witnesses'...

God Bless,

Nathan

aam.jpg

Look at that train track, where do you suppose that could be going?

i'd be more worried about that small boat, pirate... i mean, how is that ever going to reach the ocean? it's entirely surrounded by land... :P

i'd be more worried about that small boat, pirate... i mean, how is that ever going to reach the ocean?  it's entirely surrounded by land... :P

By Portaging of course!

How do you know its entirely surrounded by land? You can see where the left half of the river goes. It might go all the way to the ocean for we know...

How do you know its entirely surrounded by land? You can see where the left half of the river goes. It might go all the way to the ocean for we know...

hm... I see... it's another baseplate! so our poor ship still has a chance to escape!

According to this I would say it's "connected" to open water. And if not he could ask the driver of the orange truck to bring him to the coast.

And along I come and plonk it right in the middle of the forum...

aan.jpg

I don't see how its connected to open water though!

That's not open water! That's the end of the world!

Be carefull! That's what happened to the guy before Columbus...

God Bless,

Nathan

It was all Columbus's fault there were pirates in the Caribbean. If he just went to India the usual way none of it would have ever happened!

It was all Columbus's fault there were pirates in the Caribbean. If he just went to India the usual way none of it would have ever happened!

True!

God Bless,

Nathan

well... he wasn't allowed to go the usual way, was he? He was, after all, not on his way to India...

The story I was told he went the opposite direction to see if it was faster to get to India... Have I been lead astray here?

The story I was told he went the opposite direction to see if it was faster to get to India... Have I been lead astray here?

i'm afraid so.

Columbus went to the opposite direction because the Portugese were in control of the searoutes to India (via the Cape) and the moslims controled the Suez, so it was practically impossible for Spain to get ships to India via the traditional ways. Colombus, an italian, had no choice but to go the other way, hoping, he'd be able to reach India and China. In the end, they were all after the same thing: luxury goods. however, the Portugese were mainly interested in organising trading posts, the Spaniards wanted to colonise areas all around the world...

Later on, once both nations had more or less maped the world, they made an agreement that would close the routes to the East for Spain, but she would get the americas as a compensation, except for Brasil.

had no choice but to go the other way, hoping, he'd be able to reach India and China.

So yes, he was on his way to india...

God Bless,

Nathan

The Spaniards wanted to colonise areas all around the world...

The mighty Inquisition wanted to take over the entire world! And still does!

Nobody shall trespass on our waterways without consquences!