Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

The HMS Repentance again

thindexedgif.gif 79c

Just wanted to let you all know I got some updated pictures taken of my ship I previewed

here over a year ago. I still haven't finished sewing all the sails but the crew was anxious

to get underway.

12388139131_DISPLAY.jpg

The cloth sails can be reefed. And yes, those are LEGO anchors, pilaged from the DUPLO

pirates.

More pics of it over here:

MOCPages

Thanks for looking.

Why, this is looking tremendous! Very beutiful with that figure head ( I remember that contest :pir-tongue: )

And nice rigging at masts :pir-blush:

Your doing great!

Your title explains enough about your figureheads! They look amazing.

I haven't seen the ship before, but I really like it! The coloursheme looks good, but the bow and galleries are amazing. I know that is hard to do but here it turned out fantastic.

The sails are really nice as well. I like them a lot. Good job on them. :thumbup:

I also like the signflags (is that the right word?), an idea I have to try myself too.

A wonderful ship Fat Tony! :thumbup:

WOW. I am amazed at how nice this looks. I really lkie the sails and the rigging. Good job.

Wonderful. :pir-classic: Once again, you're almighty figurehead building skills surpass all other figurehead endeavors. Not that I haven't seen that particular one before, on the original HMS Repentance.

I love the use of those rounded pieces on the sides, and the DUPLO anchors work really well with this. The yellow, black, and brown color scheme is perfect, as is the curvature of the ship.

Truly amazing ship, Fat Tony.

OMG , I never saw it before, that's an AMAZING ship, really cool ! I love it figurehead Oo , the sails are very cool too ! seriously one of the bes ship I saw!

My god sir, may I congratulate you not only on this magnificient ship, but also on finding an effective, simple bayonet design?

Those are nice sewn sails, my very first ship MOC included a hand sewn sail and I know the work that goes into them.

TT

I had been drooling over this MOC for a long time. It is great to see new pictures of her.

BTW, I ended up buying the Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections Man-Of-War book on Amazon just now based on your recommendation. Got overnight shipping, and I am going to get to use it tomorrow on my day off while I continue to build my own ship.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Edited by RocketSeason

A very smooth and impressive work indeed, very elegant and distinct in shape and appearance!

Fantastic stuff.

The shape is beautiful, but it's little things like the bottom of the rowing boats and the 2x4x3 sloped window frames that stand out for me.

All the rigging/ratlines really give it a sense of being a functioning ship :thumbup:

My only criticism is the base of the prow - why the squareness? Even if it's the fron of the keel, it would look better with slopes there, in my opinion.

And yes, those are LEGO anchors, pilaged from the DUPLO

pirates.

Do you happen to have the equivalent Duplo chain? It could work well as the anchor chain, providing you can hide the 2x2 block on the end inside the ship.

54980c01.jpg

BTW, I ended up buying the Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections Man-Of-War book on Amazon just now based on your recommendation. Got overnight shipping, and I am going to get to use it tomorrow on my day off while I continue to build my own ship.

Yup, it's a great book (I have it as part of the Ultimate Cross Sections Book). Best £12 I ever spent (on a book) :pir-laugh:

I remember coming across this ship on brickshelf and i allways thought it was darn good, one of my favourites. Excellent work my friend!

Thanks everbody for the positive responses!

My god sir, may I congratulate you not only on this magnificient ship, but also on finding an effective, simple bayonet design?

Those are nice sewn sails, my very first ship MOC included a hand sewn sail and I know the work that goes into them.

TT

I needed something to do with all my pirate hooks and so my bayonet was born.

My only criticism is the base of the prow - why the squareness? Even if it's the fron of the keel, it would look better with slopes there, in my opinion.

Do you happen to have the equivalent Duplo chain? It could work well as the anchor chain, providing you can hide the 2x2 block on the end inside the ship.

54980c01.jpg

I hadn't actually noticed the squareness before. That's just the way I did it at the time, but now that you pointed it out it kind of bothers me too. I'll have to see if I have the right pieces to change it. Thanks!

No, I don't have the DUPLO chains just the anchors.

The recent Captain's Cabin contest has given me some ideas for the interior that I'll try to start working on again, when I can find some time.