Hinckley

Vote for a TRU exclusive City set!

I gave input on these at Brickfest. Things should be known.

Only one of them is being released, not all 3, and they will be in the $100+ range. What you see in the pics will not be in the sets. It is a concept.

The monorail, if the intent is to be released, won't be like other train sets. Just a plain train with no power functions and just regular boring wheels. Since these are directed at kids.

-Omi

well number 1 is just like TOWN PLAN and number 2 is very cool with a MONORAIL!!! and well it would cool to get a good number truck in number 3 so i have no idea which to pick! :sceptic: The would all make great sets though

well number 1 is just like TOWN PLAN

How is it any like Town Plan? We don't even know what will even be in the Town Center.

That is like saying that we already have a Firehouse, so why make another one? Cuz the new one will obviously be different.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Very nice! I love that Lego is really listening to the fans nowadays and giving them treats like this. I would prefer 1 because a town set with cool features better suits my building style, but I understand that more true Town fans would love 2 more, so I chose to vote for that. Looking forward to seeing the actual result and set!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Ok... I voted for Option 2... my guess is the monorail will be running on the new tracks used in the Temple of Doom Set. Yet, I don´t think it will come motorized. I guess they´ll do something in the lines of the Emerald Night set... Hope not... :)

When i said it was like town plan i meant that it would be good to have another different version of it :tongue: but the other two are better because many things in them haven't been seen for a long time or never been seen before! :cry_happy:

My vote is for 1 and 2 because they would both make GREAT SETS :thumbup: !

I was originally going to vote for the City Square when I read the initial release a few days ago, but after seeing the sketches, the possibility of having a new monorail or even light rail was too good to refuse so it swung my vote! Public Transportation Centre #1! Even the truck-stop looks great too... can't they just make them all? :tongue:

I can't decide which is the best to me, so I just voted for all three of them twice. :grin:

You're like my friend, He voted [For the SW ones] 1 time each. I said whats the point of voting then? :tongue:

Yeah, all three are great, but I voted for number one. It may look like a City Corner/Town Plan hybrid in the illustration, but it might look different once it is finally released. They all look so lovely, I wish I could vote for all three! :wub:

Actually, you might be able to vote for all three. I just pressed the back button on my browser, and it goes back to the voting page (it doesn't say that you've already voted)! :tongue:

If you vote for all three, it won't matter because it will just be like you didn't vote at all! :laugh: What's the point?

We wear underwear/boxers for a reason you know..... :tongue:

Speak for yourself! :wink::laugh:

WOW! Definate Choice Number ..... *drum roll..* Number 2 for me!

Cause, firstly, i think we have a set something like number 1 in 2009 as in 'City Corner' 7641, Secondly we have a truck stop kinda sets in 2009 as in 'Garage' 7942 and in 1987 as in 'Big Rig Truck Stop' 6393 which was a real beauty.

However, we never really got a nice monerail except for the most wanted item in ebay right now the 6399 Airport Shuttle. So i believe a transportation system comprosing of a monerail, buses and taxis will be really great! Come to think of it, we only had a bus ONLY until now in City Corner, except for the classic bus station set 379... And we didnt get any taxis except for the spidey set 4850... So i truely wanted buses and taxis, best even a sub-way to complete my town...

So, i believe lots more brothers out there also share the same feeling? :tongue:

What you see in the pics will not be in the sets. It is a concept.

That would be mildly annoying:

"The votes are in and the airplane sets wins!"

"Great! Now here's your exclusive set-a toaster!"

"But we voted for the airplane."

"That was just a concept."

*huh*

*huh*

Bahaha! You're funny Hinkley! I voted for 2 also. Even though I'm not in America and it will take about 15 times as long to get my 'toaster' once it finally comes out.

*huh*

It is conceptualtoa point.:P

Like for example, the City Square may or may not have a town hall, even though there is one in the pic. But we all know there won't be one anyways cuz Lego doesn't make anything dealing with politics. Basically what you are seeing just gives you an idea.

-Omi

I wish a toaster was one of the options Hinckley. I'd be all over that. A power functions grill would be awesome!

Laurie

I do not shop at TRU and am annoyed by TRU exclusives since they make the item hard for me to find.

It sounds like all 3 sets are actually designed already, and the ones not picked for TRU exclusive will simply become available at other stores.

Therefore, my recomendation is to vote on the TRU site, for the set you are least interested in purchasing.

Thus the good set you actually wanted, will instead appear on a wider selection of stores without the TRU extra markup price.

i voted for 2. and judging by comments here many did too!

would be lovely if it won.

I do not shop at TRU and am annoyed by TRU exclusives since they make the item hard for me to find.

It sounds like all 3 sets are actually designed already, and the ones not picked for TRU exclusive will simply become available at other stores.

Therefore, my recomendation is to vote on the TRU site, for the set you are least interested in purchasing.

Thus the good set you actually wanted, will instead appear on a wider selection of stores without the TRU extra markup price.

Well I wouldn't suggest voting for your least favorite set :tongue: Lego has done TRU exclusives before and their where three choices palpatine's arrest, another Slave 1 and Home one. Home one won and so far we haven't seen any plans to produce the other two :sceptic:

I voted for the Public Transportation Center, since with Town Plan and City Life the first option is already covered, and personally I do not like a truck stop :classic:

I was originally going to vote for the City Square when I read the initial release a few days ago, but after seeing the sketches, the possibility of having a new monorail or even light rail was too good to refuse so it swung my vote! Public Transportation Centre #1! Even the truck-stop looks great too... can't they just make them all? :tongue:

You do realize those pictures have nothing to do with anything right? All they did was take older sets and connected them together to form the theme. The Park one is only City Life, and the $150 set in cartoon form.

I am interested in one and two, the toy store in one would hopefully come with some new molds like teddy bears sized for minifigs or other items. I think if one had a city park zoo it would be a real dead ringer for a winner, but since it is just a park I vote for number two.