Hinckley

Vote for a TRU exclusive City set!

Check out this page at Toys R Us to vote on a new city set for 2010.

The three options are (one of which I'm really excited about):

post-486-1238775828.jpg

Notice the monorail in option 2? :look: Now, the little disclaimer says they can't include everything, but a new monorail would be a pretty big omission!

Now, who remembers the Star Wars vote? Were all three options made, but only one is a TRU exclusive. My thought is that perhaps all three of these sets will be limited edition, but only one will be carried by TRU. A big teaser marketing campaign here...

I voted option 2 because of the Monorail.Even though I probably won't get the set I would really love TLC to produce a new monorail set.

I voted option 2 because of the Monorail.Even though I probably won't get the set I would really love TLC to produce a new monorail set.

I did the same thing, but I will definitely buy one or two if they re-release that. I bet it will be Power Functions, though...

all three have that potential to be a great set, but i picked option 3 the truck stop one. I don't know why just thought it could be cool

No question about it, as we will already have a new truck repair shop in 09 I dedinately want that puplic transport, I thin number 1 is boring?..

I voted for option 2, 6399 was the best set ever!

Dr. Brick

They have to know that we'll riot if they produce that set without a monorail, right? They really should've known that one would (probably) win if they showed a picture of a monorail. Is it common knowledge that many AFOLs want that back in production?

And as previously mentioned, we'll be getting a truck repair shop already and have Town Plan which seems remarkably similar to Town Square. But, I think they will produce all of these sets no matter what we vote...they just won't all be TRU exclusives. Maybe a S@H exclusive and a Target exclusive? Although, wasn't one of the SW options last year another Slave I? They haven't made that. What was the third option?

I was torn between number two and three. So I voted for both. :sweet:

At best, I figure we'll get a tram with the public transportation set, along with a bus. Trams are PITA to build nicely, and the infrastructure especially so. And if we get the truck stop I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get a small fleet of trucks with it.

But honestly, I'm hoping that we'll get all three. I just didn't vote for number one, because I want the other two more.

Well the options for the SW vote were Mon Cal Cruiser (the winner), another Slave I and Palpatine's arrest. They've, so far, only produced the winner...

Thank you very much for these pics and the link, Hinckley! :sweet:

Like already decided here I voted for option 1: City Square! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I must say that option 1 looks the less promising on the pictures :cry_sad: - I really don't understand why they nearly only draw already existing sets (town hall of 10184, the new pizzeria and the new sports car) on thos picture and apart from the fountain in the middle of the street (which looks too close to the fountain of 10184), the taxi, the pink car and the toys shop which looks very similar to the cinema in 10184. So where are the parts which shall make this set so attractive?! And whrere are all the foliage plants and all that thinigs TLG is promising in the topic description here?! I only see a little fountain beset with streets - this is no park!!! :angry:

It seems as if TLG interntionally did not inlcude much new stuff in this pic in order to that not many people will vote for it! :angry:

Nevertheless I voted for this option since I think that TLG supposably does have some good ideas about which could be included in this set - but doesn't want to show already now (although I know that this doesn't sound very convincing).

Notice the monorail in option 2? :look: Now, the little disclaimer says they can't include everything, but a new monorail would be a pretty big omission!

I totally agree with you, Hinckley!

When TLG publishes a picture like this one which shows a monorail and in the end then we wouldn't get a monorail many of us were very angry - and that wouldn't be good for TLG.

The tram looks very promising, too. :wub:

But notice that - because of these new overpriced PF stuff - this set would either get very, very expensive or there would only very few be included or you would have to add (and consequently even buy) all that PF stuff extra. That's the only thing which really disturbs me at this option. :sad:

Now, who remembers the Star Wars vote? Were all three options made, but only one is a TRU exclusive. My thought is that perhaps all three of these sets will be limited edition, but only one will be carried by TRU. A big teaser marketing campaign here...

Total agreement here, too!

I bet that TLG will release the option voted the most as an exclusive City set. Nevertheless I bet that the two other versions will appear as regular sets at the latest in 2011, too. :wink:

When you look at the truck stop this is absolutely obvious: A truck stop is a typical set for JFOLs. So why should TLG only release it when it would get number one of the votes?! :sceptic:

Like alread mention in the other topic I surely wouldn't like a truck stop that much since it would only bring oversized trucks :sick: and buidlings of which we already have got enough (a garage, a gas station and perhaps a little restaurant) :hmpf: .

Nevertheless the motel shown on the pic would be a brilliant idea. But I don't see a reason why a motel or hotel couldn't be released as part of the City Square option or as a seperate set.

I'm very excited which option will win. But I fear that the bad picture of the City Square option will have a too negative influence effect on people :angry: so that they won't vote for this one - too bad since this option would have a big potential! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

I voted for option 2 because option 1 is too much like Town Plan and option 3 seems a bit boring seeing as we're getting the Truck mechanic/garage later this year. Option 2 is also extremely cool and would hopefully feature an expansion of the new bus service, a tram or a monorail. To be honest, that looks like an elevated railway rather than a monorail to me. Either one would be cool.

Laurie

I voted for Option 1:The city Square

I think TLG could produce a really cool set for this. I couldn't decide between this one and the transport centre though.

Not to spoil the fun but I seriuosly doubt that the "monorail" is intended to be a monorail. If you look at the train it has standard trainwheelpairs for running on standard train tracks! Besides the track is two drawn lines. Theres no real _monorail_ sticking up anywhere is there...

I'm extremely skeptical that we would actually get anything like a monorail, but I'm hoping for the best and voting for option 2! My wife will be out of school then, and we might be able to afford it!! Despite my disdain for PF trains, a PF monorail would definitely be something I would be interested in!

Looking at choice 1 and 3, it seems kind of odd since we got a Town Plan last year, and there's already a truck stop type set on the way.

I voted for number 2 as I feel it has the most potential. It will also tie in nicely with the bus coming out later this year. I'd just like to say that many of the people voting have probably never seen the sets coming out later this year.

Very hard...some real nice beauties!

But I decide me for the first one.

I love the idea that TLC would make an 'City Square' with a little fountain and some nice new minifigures.

But I must agree to the most of you that N°2 could be an outstanding set, if TLC make a new rail

:wub:

'Bricks'

Like in last years poll multiple votes are allowed. So, if you really want one of those sets just keep clicking.

About choice 2:

The trike would be great for Asia scenes.

Also, notice how there is a train, a monorail, a bus, and taxis. I wonder if we will get all four?

Edited by Silent Help

I voted for choice 2 because of the TAXI STOP.... no, just kidding! :tongue: I voted for 2 because of the monorail as everyone else. A comeback of the monorail would be more than wonderful!

Couldn't a poll be added to that thread to visualise what people voted at that internet site? Would be interesting! I'm curious to know. Just a suggestion.

Nice, voted for option 2, the others are nice, but 2 looks like the most playability, and cool parts (possibly)

i chose the first one. it looks like we may get a bley top hat for that statue. but if i got another choice it would be the 2nd one.

I voted for no 2 I hope it will looks like the picture or there will be urban protest

Not to spoil the fun but I seriuosly doubt that the "monorail" is intended to be a monorail. If you look at the train it has standard trainwheelpairs for running on standard train tracks! Besides the track is two drawn lines. Theres no real _monorail_ sticking up anywhere is there...

True but there's a big M at the station which I asume stands for monorail.

I voted for option 2, just the possibility of a monorail and a tram has be all buzzing with excitement! Yay for monorails! :sweet: And also for trams, they're sweet as well. :thumbup: