Mister Phes

7075 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship

How would you rate this set out of 5  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set out of 5

• 5 - Brilliant
    • <=1 - Terrible

I gave it a 2 because there is one thing I can use on my own MOC's: the sails. :pir-blush:

The rest of the ship is rubbish, and this ship is build in just 1 minute, maybe 2 so it isn't even a challenge to build it... :pir_bawling:

I hope LEGO will release a better set of LEGO pirates in the future. :pir-sceptic:

I never saw it , I'm not going to rate it because I need a picture review of it to rate it, anyone wants to make it ? I'm very curious and I want to see it^^

I voted 4 and for one reason: This was my first pirate set. Other than that this set sucks.

Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to get some of the newer sets :thumbup:

They're lightyears i mean leagues better than 4+... ...eh stuff. :pir-grin:

I never saw it , I'm not going to rate it because I need a picture review of it to rate it, anyone wants to make it ? I'm very curious and I want to see it^^

No you don't. :pir-laugh:

My brother has one, and it's pathetic.

Just when i thought lego couldn't do any worse than with the Cross Bone Clipper for ships, they made this set. :pir-sick:

I'm sure Sinner has a copy of this set and isn't ashamed to admit it :pir_laugh2:

He may be able to give us a detailed review.

I'm sure Sinner has a copy of this set and isn't ashamed to admit it :pir_laugh2:

He may be able to give us a detailed review.

:pir-tongue: Yes, I have this set. This set is actually a LEGO turning point for me oddly. My exit from the dark ages was interesting as it had three main stages;

1. Cheap LEGO purchases.
  2. Seeing 7249 and thinking it was the best Lego set ever and after a lot of bother (that's a story in itself :pir-wink: ) buying it while saying "This is my last LEGO set."
  3. Seeing 7075 half price and after my hinting failed to persuade my wife to buy it for me, I decided to come out of the closet, declare my love for LEGO, and start buying sets again.

...but back on topic, what did I think of the set? Well like many I wanted this set as I had no pirates at all, and my collection still sux in that area. However, I soon realised that while this set was better than nothing, it isn't good. There are too many big pieces that are really hard to use (the stern, the big brown piece, the head, the railings), there aren't enough sails, and the men are just horrid. I ended up turning mine into a skeleton ship. (Remember that I had no pirates at the time.) Here's an old photo of it.

7075.jpg

I've worked on it a bit since, but it still sux. Integrating that stern piece was the hardest part, but the hull isn't the best to work with either. Thus in summary, I say that this is not a good set, but it's OK if you really want a hull, so I give it 2. (I gave the figures to my kids! :pir-tongue: )

Is that for my MOC or the set? :pir_bawling:

Or both :pir-laugh: ?

No, I think your moc is just fine :thumbup: but I must admit I dislike that ship too... Some of the parts have potential though, as an example I love how you used those hull pieces for your MOC, Sinner.

[*]Cheap LEGO purchases.

7075.jpg

... Integrating that stern piece was the hardest part, but the hull isn't the best to work with either. ...

Yes 7075 was and is cheap! The hulls are the least expensive hull parts, from both 7075 and 4768 The Durmstrang Ship, offered on bricklink for 20 cents. The sails for 7075 are also inexpensive, that's why I used them on the black pearl-lite.

bp_lite.jpg

My attempt to make a kurt "detail level" sailing ship MOC with building INSTRUCTIONS at a low cost level (it's neat, you should build one just to see it!).

I used the hulls with four middles on the RTS Legitor

starboard_3.jpg

On "Integrating that stern piece" I knew that I had see that done somewhere, found it!:

revenge203.jpg

A very nice square-rigged sloop, let me check "MOCs sorted by type square-rigged sloop" no it's not there, I'll ask to have it added.

Just my two cents.