Mister Phes

7075 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship

How would you rate this set out of 5  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set out of 5

• 5 - Brilliant
    • <=1 - Terrible

The ship is bad*Period* seriously i wouldnt even bother trying to ravage from it. I'de rather ravage from ebay don't you think?

i have voted "terrible"

the design is worse than the olders, only 3 cannons, and the rope stairs to climb the ship posts are too short.

I hate that ship

Only three cannons captain?! you mean one!!!! I HATE this ship, like I hate a worm in my apple... the design is terrible, LEGO really messed up this set, the design is awful, they shouldn't waste their time on things like this, but use it for a proper new pirate line!

<=1, TERRIBLE!

I can't believe it! 8-o

People actually voted a 3 and higher on this ship.

I thought it looked bad in the pictures. :S

but i thought, hey there might be some useful pieces, cause after all it is a pirate ship.

Then i actually saw my brother's and realized (like Mr. Phes said) it's worse :-X

then i thought, oh my gosh, that's a disgrace of a pirate set

Now i see the peeron inventory link from this thread and notice there are very, very few actual usable components.

Be forewarned. If you are an AFOL, you won't like this set. Just get the pieces you want off of BL; it'll be much cheaper.

P

"I was considering putting zero and 0.5 there as well, but the scale would be unbalanced then.

So instead I put <=1 which means Less Than or Equal to 1 so it represents 1 and below.

But perhaps you're right, I should have put:

0 - Shouldn't even be a set

Too late now though... "

Oh... I thought this: <=1 meant vote one! :-D :-D :-D

It dosen't look to bad... the hull is floatable for Godness sake!

I've never seen the real thing - just the pictures - though there was a time when I was planning on getting one to use the hull and the masts for a MOC. Eventually I didn't and from what I see here it was a wise decision... :)

i voted 5 on this... but i mixed up on what ship i was voting on, i htought i twas the renigade runner .... i want a redo..haha... i give this a 1 or 0

I suppose it's okay for small children, given that's it's target market but I can't help but look at that thing and feel it's an insult to the Lego Pirates System.

Burn it. Burn it in the fires of Mount Doom. Shred it, make the shredding into a fine cigar, go back in time, give it to Churchill and let him make up some interesting wit or comment to insult this monstrosity. Easy come, easy go, will we let it go? Be stilla, NO! We will not let it go *sings Queen for the next two hours*

Please don't arrest me for Threadomancy, but this set isn't half bad. Actually, it is, but for someone like me, who only ever owned Imperial Sentry, the amount of Pirate stuff here really opens up ship building opportunities. The masts are easily secured by methods found on the Durmstrang boat, the bow is really useful, and the hull was the basis for many of my ships. While now I've simply purchased the old hull with Viking Ship aid, and I haven't used the hull for a year, it's not that bad. The Masts are good, at least, though the lack of decent rigging options is a pain, along with the fact that no cannons are included. 3 out of 5 is my rating. As a set itself, it's about the ugliest thing I've ever laid eyes on, but the parts are useful for one with no Pirates sets.

Please don't arrest me for Threadomancy, but this set isn't half bad. Actually, it is, but for someone like me, who only ever owned Imperial Sentry, the amount of Pirate stuff here really opens up ship building opportunities. The masts are easily secured by methods found on the Durmstrang boat, the bow is really useful, and the hull was the basis for many of my ships. While now I've simply purchased the old hull with Viking Ship aid, and I haven't used the hull for a year, it's not that bad. The Masts are good, at least, though the lack of decent rigging options is a pain, along with the fact that no cannons are included. 3 out of 5 is my rating. As a set itself, it's about the ugliest thing I've ever laid eyes on, but the parts are useful for one with no Pirates sets.

Do you have pictures of a MOC made with that hull Gargarith?

I'd sure like to see it...

Too late now though... "

i agree ;-) .. it's terrible... i do so much not like those 4+ piratesets |-/

One positive is: It might possibly encourage younger Lego fans to buy SYSTEM pirate sets when they are older! (Assuming the 4+ sets have not pt them off pirates)

Do you have pictures of a MOC made with that hull Gargarith?

I'd sure like to see it...

Unfortunately, I don't, seeing as I demolished it shortly after it lost to a baseplate covered in random bricks and figs in the County Fair. I do have some pictures of its recent reincarnation on my Brickshelf gallery, named gargarith. Same color scheme, but taller. The old one was tricky, but if using that hull, I recommend laying down a layer of panels over the deck, which is not entirely stud coated. For the masts, turn them backwards and add some Technic beams that have pin holes. Then, use some more of those as the sail holders, whose technical name I forget. Sails will almost certainly have to be custom. I have no advice on cannons.

:-X

need i say more?

its pretty depressing really, i mean the castle line changes, but never stops, same with town etc, so why stop pirate altogether? (for those who are about to say 'they didnt stop it, they got 4+ pirate!' - i dont class this as pirate, more a waste of plastic)

I give it a 1 :pir-hmpf_bad:

Too many "big" pieces, a too simple color scheme and I'm sorry but the flags and specially the MFs are terribly ugly :pir-sceptic:

I give it a 1 :pir-hmpf_bad:

Too many "big" pieces, a too simple color scheme and I'm sorry but the flags and specially the MFs are terribly ugly :pir-sceptic:

I know people dont like the bits and bobs but the only problem with the Hull is the Red colour. I am making a Armada Moc with these Hull pieces later this year (Mabye next month If I have the money)since LDD reckons it should be £55 for the bits I need and if you transfer to US $ its $75... £20 less, so anyway back to subject:

This is a ok starter set for a Pirate fan if you minus the silly sails and Figures. The cannon base for that could be used as a massive Pounder base for say a Minifig sized ship:

48003.jpg

Also the Hull is really just like the usual hulls, they clip together using lego bits.

I shall be getting these hulls and painting them Black or Brown.

I was considering putting zero and 0.5 there as well, but the scale would be unbalanced then.

So instead I put <=1 which means Less Than or Equal to 1 so it represents 1 and below.

Too late now though...

Zero is the hero today. :thumbdown:

Edited by Manta

Gave it a 3, because off the low price...

Doesnt look like anything to us, but we wont be buying them, its developped by TLC for another agegroup!

And I think they just MAY like it (not sure though)

So lets not compare apples with bananas...

Well I think we can safely say this is the worst ship ever made. I would buy (dare I say it) megablocks sooner than this. This set is nothing other than poor quality poo! :thumbdown:

true, it does look like something from Hong-Kong, but it is clearly not intended for people like us, just for kids up to 5 to 6 years i think, no small bits so they cant shoke and large plastic sections that nearly cant break.

And i think we have to consider the price of a measly 30buck (=20 euros!!)

What could we ask for more for such little sum... A BSB?

Well I think we can safely say this is the worst ship ever made. I would buy (dare I say it) megablocks sooner than this. This set is nothing other than poor quality poo! :thumbdown: