Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Hot Rod

indexed.gif

Title: Hot Rod

Pieces: 192 pieces

Minfigure Count: 2

Background Information:

I was watching Attack of the Clones and something hit me as I watched the beginning chase scene: why hasn't LEGO produced more get-around speeders? All I ever see are walkers, battle tanks, starfighters... is Anikan supposed to drive to the grocery store in an AT-AT? I only know of maybe three personal vehicles produced by TLG! Why not create something that reflects this rage?

Description:

During the "Flower Power" age of the Clone Wars, it became imperative that the vehicle markets, which normally had big Y-Wing sales around fall, produce something that better related to the average customer. For some reason, your regular Coruscant citizen didn't want a ship with a gun poking out of the top and a Buzz-Droid attached for "playability." That's where the Hot Rod comes in...

Overall Image:

vroom.png

"Anikan! I told you to buy something that was bulky, ugly, and had at least six legs and ten guns!"

"Sorry, master! This was... uh... the only one they had!"

"Nonsense - you bought this for the engine, didn't you?!"

Front:

indy_and_other_042.jpg

Right Side:

indy_and_other_039.jpg

Top:

indy_and_other_043.jpg

Left Side:

indy_and_other_041.jpg

Back:

indy_and_other_040.jpg

Brickshelf (when moderated): Link

I tried to build this with red instead of brown, but I didn't have any red slopes (and it looked terrible with rough bricks). I built this with the hope that others would join in with the Personal Vehicle Rebellion.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules - some rules confused me a little, and I'm a first time Star Wars MOCer. I think I've only made about three posts in this subforum, even. :cry_sad:

Edited by KimT

I hope I'm not breaking any rules - some rules confused me a little, and I'm a first time Star Wars MOCer. I think I've only made about three posts in this subforum, even. :cry_sad:

Your entry is fine, and very creative too! Good luck, i really like the smoothness.

WOOT! 1000th post!

jifel

Edited by jifel

Looks fine and I like Obi wans face. I dont like how it is really smooth and very long. Isnt it too late for any more entries though?

Great entry. The brown looks just as good as red would have. :thumbup: I like your idea for the Personel Vehicle Rebellion. :classic:

Thanks for the comments, guys. :classic:

I've taken some better images, so I'll upload them fast and switch out the ones in the post. I haven't changed the actual MOC...

Meh, it looks alright, but basically, it's just a landspeeder without a windshield and with a little engine thingie at the front. Not very original IMO. :sceptic:

I'm loving that screaming Obi Wan, though! :thumbup::laugh:

Great MOC, a shame you've posted it too late.

I have no option but to disqualify this entry :blush:

Great MOC, a shame you've posted it too late.

I have no option but to disqualify this entry :blush:

Well, I tried. :grin: Could it be possible to move this to the other forum since it's not an entry?

Well, I tried. :grin: Could it be possible to move this to the other forum since it's not an entry?

Roger that :classic:

Better luck next time

That's some very nice SNOT building. :classic:

Too bad it didn't make it in time for the contest. :sceptic:

Shoot, Adam, looks like neither of us made it in time. I quite liked this little thing though, amazing use of SNOT building. the one thing I would suggest is putting a small windshield on there, and maybe lowering the top of the seats a stud. Other than that a solid MOC.

I think it would've done decent in the voting. Hey, maybe we can have our own little competition! :laugh: Or not. It wouldn't really be fair with just two contestants anyway.

Well, better luck next time for the both of us, eh? :wink:

DSR

kinda looks like lukes speeder to me! great work though

Shoot, Adam, looks like neither of us made it in time. I quite liked this little thing though, amazing use of SNOT building. the one thing I would suggest is putting a small windshield on there, and maybe lowering the top of the seats a stud. Other than that a solid MOC.

I think it would've done decent in the voting. Hey, maybe we can have our own little competition! :laugh: Or not. It wouldn't really be fair with just two contestants anyway.

Well, better luck next time for the both of us, eh? :wink:

DSR

Yeah, looks like we're in the same ditch here. :sad: I'm convinced that your vehicle would've won, too.

I've been tinkering around with a windshield, but I've yet to find something long enough that looks OK. I also had a rollcage there for a time, but I decided to remove it.

Thanks - though you're right, a two-person competition betwen already built vehicles wouldn't be quite exciting, fair, or admin-approved.

kinda looks like lukes speeder to me! great work though

Thanks! But isn't Luke's speeder grey?

That's some very nice SNOT building. :classic:

Too bad it didn't make it in time for the contest. :sceptic:

Thanks for the nice words. :classic: I was really ticked it didn't make it, but oh well.

Roger that :classic:

Better luck next time

Thanks, Copmike007. :tongue:

Thanks, Copmike007. :tongue:

No problem :grin:

A very smooth and SNOTTY landspeeder.

Keep up the good MOCing :thumbup: