hunterx

new LDD ITEMS

on the newer version of lego digital designer it has new slopes, new minifig parts, and tiles

Yep! I saw it last night. We were waiting for that update since a long time ago, so thanks TLC! :thumbup:

Indeed those are some wonderful pieces.

But the Prices are now RIDICULOUS$$

My old designs now cost 2 to 3 times more now!

Sadly it is no longer cost effective for me to order designs from LDD now.

I'm better off buying sets off the shelf for part supplies.

Edited by xenologer

Frankly, the software should get an update, I really need a pan tool. Otherwise, the parts are all cool and useful, we finally get a large balloon tyre and the tyre for the largest wheel. I'm looking forward to playing with it for a while, even if the cost is too huge.

Frankly, the software should get an update, I really need a pan tool.

Right clicking will recenter the camera on the brick you clicked on.

Not as good as a real pan but might help; can always drop little 1*1 rounds as temporary camera anchor points.

I dunno, for all the nice new bricks, if I'm not going to be able to afford them it takes half the motivation out of my using the software.

Edited by xenologer

i pan using shift and right mouse button then drag with both pressed ... or is that not what you mean

The pallette 's looking better and better, but it's much too expensive now. I built a small medieval office building to complement the Medieval Market set, but the price was about $130 for a model with less than 400 pieces. I even resorted to using some tricks TLG uses on their large sets, i.e. using alot of smaller parts in lieu of larger ones, like 1x2 bricks and tiles. I wonder what prompted such a leap in prices? While I'm not aware of the current European economy, it's a concern presently in the USA, and hobbies, even one as great as LEGO, will take a back seat to necessities. LDD is a great idea, and online PAB by extension, but I doubt I'll be ordering any of my creations or using PAB when Bricklink is a much more affordable option. Sorry LEGO.

I mean pan like CAD pan. A little hand icon that allows you to move around the screen exactly how you wish with fine control. I use CAD in work so I got used to having a pan button that allowed me to move across the x, y and z axis to re-postion my view of the image/modle. I would like a function on LDD that allows me to zoom in/out and push or pull my pov across the modle without having to constantly recentre my view to get a closer look at the MOC. Spinning my pov from top of MOC to base of MOC and spinning clockwise/anticlockwise can make things frustratingly difficult.

Being able to reposition/dim the "light" source would be of great help too.

Frankly, the software should get an update, I really need a pan tool. Otherwise, the parts are all cool and useful, we finally get a large balloon tyre and the tyre for the largest wheel. I'm looking forward to playing with it for a while, even if the cost is too huge.

you could hold Shift and the Right click button and drag it to pan (i think) :thumbup: and to rotate the camera is just right click and drag

Edited by prateek

you could hold Shift and the Right click button and drag it to pan (i think) :thumbup: and to rotate the camera is just right click and drag

Please take an internet and a chocolate brownie. I never thought to try that (too used to specific icons...)

Please take an internet and a chocolate brownie. I never thought to try that (too used to specific icons...)

how do i take an internet? i had a brownie though :tongue:

They should fix the Hinge Tool. It's kinda dumb as it is.

You, sir, are right on the proverbial money!

The Hinge Tool, while it's purpose is VERY useful, doesn't actually...well, hinge, really. There's no real sense of control over it. I mean, of course, its a piece of computer software, so you won't build like you would in real life, but it's still pretty terrible for what could be a VERY USEFUL tool.

My rant is over, help yourself to an internet and a chocolate brownie on your way out of the lecture hall.

They should fix the Hinge Tool. It's kinda dumb as it is.

It works OK enough.

Clicking on a hinge and using the arrow buttons moves it in 18degree increments.

Alternatly, clicking and dragging the green arrows allows analog rotation to any direction.

This basically lets you aim a hinge anyplace you want; just not with much accuracy.

But do you really need to input an exact degree measure of rotation? Most people who build models requiring that amount of precision placement are already more advanced software.

I can see however, that 18degree increments is a pretty dumb design choice considering that click hinges in real life go in increments of 22.5degrees. You can just work around this of course by using the analog controls to approximate the correct angles.

Edited by xenologer

The update seems pretty good, although the price raise isn't (obvious I know). I like the larger selection of minigure parts and accessories. Although I think the software will need a overhaul soon.

Edited by Skipper 24

Prices are back down, reflecting only a moderate price increase!

No overview of the changes, but a few of the special elements I have noticed.

-Two colors of dwarf legs

-minifig hair (black princess, new male hair, etc)

-Minifig headgear: flying helments, goggles, skateboard helmets,

-Minifig torosos of many kinds

-battleaxes and quivers

-Barrels and treasure chests

-dog

-drawers for cupboards

-Prison and classic doors for 4x6x1 frames

-16x16 Green and 8x16 dark grey baseplates

-small and large inverted windscreens

-2x2 "clock" tile

-ice cream

-nozzle with shaft, aka "agents pistol"

-spear

-sextant

-Beard, backpack, farmer backpack (panier), swim fins

Unfortunately most dark red and dark blue bricks seem to be gone...

Edited by Eilif

It works OK enough.

Clicking on a hinge and using the arrow buttons moves it in 18degree increments.

Alternatly, clicking and dragging the green arrows allows analog rotation to any direction.

This basically lets you aim a hinge anyplace you want; just not with much accuracy.

But do you really need to input an exact degree measure of rotation? Most people who build models requiring that amount of precision placement are already more advanced software.

I can see however, that 18degree increments is a pretty dumb design choice considering that click hinges in real life go in increments of 22.5degrees. You can just work around this of course by using the analog controls to approximate the correct angles.

The problem with the hinge tool is that, when you click a minifig hip and you drag the mouse to rotate it, it moves a leg that we did not select, and this happens almost everytime :angry:

I hate hinging minifigs on LDD. But the tool works fine on all other pieces.