Darth Legolas

Big ship of doom VS. Pirate Island!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 64d

My first Pirate MOC, my last Pirate MOC, and my best pirate MOC! :jollyroger: P.S. Don't notify me that there is no 14th picture. I am aware. :pir-tongue: Maybe you guys were right when you said I can't spell or count. :pir_laugh2:

First and foremost, the pirate Island. (Less blurry pictures!)

amz2.jpg

amz17.jpg

A broken ship, 15 feet up? High tides I say!

amz4.jpg

amz3.jpg

Eroded corners.

amz5.jpg

amz18.jpg

Torches that make things go boom. Not as shiny as the one on the big ship of doom.

amz7.jpg

Slide the ship away to reveal, a big empty room!!!

amz8.jpg

Watch your step!

amz10.jpg

We're coming closer to the full ship!

amz12.jpg

Closer!

amz11.jpg

Closer!!!

amz21.jpg

CLOSER!

amz13.jpg

CLOSER!!!

amz15.jpg

Say hi to captain [in my avatar] dude! Credit to Imperialshadows for the torso.

amz9.jpg

SO CLOSE!

amz20.jpg

12 gold pieces and two diamonds in one chest! Bravo TLG!

amz19.jpg

Dumdeedumdeedum...

amz16.jpg

Hey, look! It's dinner! (Credit to Slyowl for the idea!)

And finally...

amz1.jpg

Tada! (Boo!)

And for all of the pics I didn't show you (1!) here's a link to the gallery, (when public!)

Oh, and I almost forgot! Beware of dog!

amz23.jpg

And...

amz22.jpg

Working anchor!

Edited by SlyOwl

I really like the cave with the pirates but I would recommend tiling the island along with the water. Anyway it looks good for a firt time pirate MOC. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, the inside of the ship was my Captain's cabin contest entry that I never posted, picked up, and plopped onto the inside of a ship. Thanks for the comments everybody! :classic:

Looks nice! The ship does look a bit disproportioned but it is fine still. Also the island is nice, perhaps a little plain. Maybe plants will cheer it up.

Looks nice! The ship does look a bit disproportioned but it is fine still. Also the island is nice, perhaps a little plain. Maybe plants will cheer it up.

I thought the off part was that it was missing half of the deck and because the only ship front piece I had was the Vikinig boat one I couldn't make it look real. :pir_yoda:

The diagonal spars on the shipwreck really make it - it's an unusual and effective technique :thumbup:

The sand-cliff is also something I'd like to see more of - MOCs with sand, including my own, too often take sand as a 2d element, without recognising its 3d-ness, especially when compacted or in dunes.

i know this is off topic, but Legoking, how come your minifig-king/French guy has tan face and yellow hands

Dude, should have been done by PM. As for bumping old topics, only do it if you have something to add that hasn't been said already. Thanks :classic:

the ship is a bit silly :pir_laugh2: but I think the main purpose was making us laugh and you succeeded :pir-classic: I think the accuracy was not very important but that doesn't matter. It's just a funny thing!

Nice schooner (is that the correct term?) and pirate base. I have one question - wtf is a bluecoat doing commanding redcoats? :angry:

:pir-wink:

it looks pretty good! keep it up and your building will become more sophisticated and detailed. trust me.

Nice schooner (is that the correct term?) and pirate base. I have one question - wtf is a bluecoat doing commanding redcoats? :angry:

:pir-wink:

uh, yeah? i would expect the bluecoat to be dead by now. :pir_laugh2:

Holy crud! People responding to my topic... and only three months late! And if you realized the blue coat was captaining the red coats, congratulations, you've been let in on an inside joke! :tongue:

The only physically possibble way for me to make a correct ship from this era would be to get that base like the one in Brickbeard's Bounty. But I can't and won't, seeing as I'm cheap and lazy! :laugh: