Sign in to follow this  
DNL

MOC: My first town building!

indexed.gif B-OV-10A

After building many castles and medieval buildings i've run out of ideas and inspiration, so I have dicided to stop building castle MOCs.I've built so many castles and other medieval MOCs already, and i feel like trying another theme. Here is my first town building for my new town layout!

3404136265_58c0848a07.jpg

Flickr

Edited by Phred

The pillars are the best. This is great for your first town building. :thumbup: Can't wait to see more. :classic:

A wonderful building indeed!! Care to share a few pics of the layout you're working on there? You've obviously put your great castle skills to good use here and I'm curious as to how much of the castle building style was incorporated in your other designs...

Keep building town MOCs, I say!!! :D

DNL tired of castles? hmmm sound like a nice april fool joke ;-)

But for a joke you made a nice MOC ;-)

Good to see that your talent streches far, beyond castles!

You're not stopping entirely with castles, are you!?

Like all MOCs, buildings need life around it to not look like some prop (plus, the pic is of a rather low quality*). It seems a bit lifeless in the picture you've posted, but I saw Quarryman's pictures of it at last weekend's exhibition and it looks far better there, when it is in its right enviroment. This is always the key to a good MOC, IMO: Life. You were good at it with your castles, and its understandable that it can be hard to incorporate when you're not used to City MOCs. But it'll come to you. :wink:

You're off to a good start, my friend.

* - Just found out why, and you're not to blame. ;) Still, the all-white background effect is recommended if possible.

Edited by Freddie

April fools!!

I made this building in one evening for a layout we had on a show last weekend.

The picture isn't mine like freddy pointed out, i couldn't find my camera, so i had to use that one.

I defintely won't stop building castle, and i'm going to continue with my evolution project. I'm not going to build a town layout, but i might build some more (and better!) town MOCs later.

April fools!!

Doesn't change the fact that this IS a very nice town building .

Would have loved to see more though.

Haha funny, This is a great building none the less. I like how you sort of incorporated your castle skills into making this town building it looks really nice. Even though it's an april fools joke I really hope you still make more town buildings like this. Great Job :classic:

Looks great DNL. :thumbup::classic:

Are the girls for the windows supposed to be clothing dolls? (paspoppen)

It would be a good building for a clothesshop.