Shadows

What Does Your April Fool Do For a Living CONTEST

He climbs up his ladder because he wants to offer his Creator a cup of tea.

Unfortunately, he never seems to reach high enough.

3413516516_38bdcbe834.jpg

detail shots of the angels at MOCpages or Flickr

Edited by eti

Love your angels eti :wub:

GA's and Oky's are sooo funny! I like the way you used hair for the guy's poop GA! :grin::sick:

Thank you very much :sweet: I used the hair because it gave a good blob of poop effect and I didn't have any round brown 1by1 plates. :tongue:

IT'S ALMOST OVER! HURRY! HURRY!

I just want to check, is mine actually an entry, or does it not count?

I just want to check, is mine actually an entry, or does it not count?

Honestly, it needs something. A scene, maybe. :tongue:

Honestly, it needs something. A scene, maybe. :tongue:

Well then, I guess count me out. I'm a bit tight for time currently so.....

IT'S ALMOST OVER! HURRY! HURRY!

Yeah yeah, just give me a CRAZY minute won't you?

HURRY!

Shut it. :hmpf_bad:

What my jester does when he have free times ? he transform into ..

CRAZY HERO

crazyhero.jpg

He fight honesty, not crime, because he's crazy ! to do so...

He disguise himself so nobody can recognize him.. he stop smiling and wear sunglasses... NO ONE can recognize him !

2 sec after taking the picture he realised that he had vertigo and fell like a stone, died in horrible suffering in the middle of trashes.

First off, I would just like to say hello. This is my first post on these forums and my first posted MOC period. I am a longtime Lego fan, but have only just recently been able to get back into it. I was collecting for a while but everything was stored away and I am just now getting to opening all the boxes and sorting through it all. I saw this contest and had a few spare minutes and wanted to throw this up here. I had been hoping to really put some time into something complex for my first MOC, but with the new baby I think I was lucky to get as much time to do this one as I did. I ended up having to scale it back. I originally had plans for a second level overhead among other things, but I am quite happy with how this turned out.

A random story just popped into my head for this and I decided to build around it. Hope you like it!

DSC01413.jpg

My fool is the CRAZY CASTLE KILLER! The craziest part is she has no idea!!! How Foolish of her! People keep disappearing but it's all in good fun, at least to one CRAZY FOOL! All she ever wanted was to entertain the villagers! When the King doesn't need her services, she helps other people have fun for free! What does a fool need money for anyway?

My fool has her own special hideaway that she likes to retreat to when she gets a chance! One day while digging holes in the basement of the castle looking for treasure, the fool happened upon a cavern below the deepest foundations! Inside she found a freshwater spring AND an intact room apparently left over from the remains of the older collapsed castle which had been rebuilt ages ago!

DSC01423.jpg

The Fool keeps her best costumes hidden away here! She has been working on some very scary costumes recently. The townsfolk don't seem to like them very much, though. She always wears them when she takes people down here to play games. Oh well!

DSC01424.jpg

She is hungry so the fool settles in to eat some oranges, but the screaming from the room next door is quite annoying!

DSC01427.jpg

She brings her friend a strong drink to quiet him down! He seems very happy to have something to drink. When was the last time she was down here?

DSC01429.jpg

Her friend got quite tired after that and passed out. Nobody seems to like her drinks very much! All her friends always pass out. Perhaps she should find out what the wizard kept in that bottle someday, but he would probably just be mad that she stole it! She still wants to play a game though! Whoever had this room before her had the most wonderful game! You turn a crank and lightning shoots at you! She doesn't understand the point of the game, but it sure is fun! Too bad nobody ever wants to play more than once.....Oh well, there are always more villagers!

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

Edited by Meekrob

My Jester is religious (you'll see which religion in a moment), so he only jests for the king from Sunday to Friday. On Saturday, he is the...

Torah Reading Rabbi Jester

This is a cutaway of the Jester's synagogue, or shul in yiddish, in which he is reading the Torah.

overview.jpg

Two more angles of the Rabbi Jester reading the Torah. To explain who everybody else is around him: to his direct right is the man who was just called to the Torah for an Aliyah, a section of the week's Torah portion being read for him. Next to the man who is being called for his Aliyah is the man who had just been called to the Torah for the last section. The other two men on either side of the table are called Gabbis, and they stand there for the duration of the Torah reading.

him_reading.jpg

overhead.jpg

Since this scene only has facades, here is a look through the back of the Ark, where the Torah itself is kept.

through_ark.jpg

Other parts of this scene are the Jester's wife, who is sitting in the women's section...

womens_section.jpg

...and the other men listening to the Torah being read.

sitting_guys.jpg

And one final look from his back where you can see the front of the Ark better.

his_back.jpg

I hope you enjoyed! There will be a few more pictures here.

EDIT: Title changed.

NOTE: This is not intended to be offensive in any way. It's just a contest entry. Other people have Jester Drug Lords and whatnot, so what's wrong with a Jester who is also a Rabbi?

Edited by Clone O'Patra

Torah Reading Rabbi Fool

i would reconsider your concept if i where you :thumbdown:

we can all take things a bit to far, and i think you may have crossed a line this time

barry over and out!

10-4

i would reconsider your concept if i where you :thumbdown:

we can all take things a bit to far, and i think you may have crossed a line this time

barry over and out!

10-4

You know, I really hoped no one would look at it this way. I myself am an Orthodox Jew, and I consider this just funny. Well, I built it. This is in no way offensive to me at all, and I hoped no one else would take offense. I am not trying to say that Rabbis are fools, they're not! I'm just entering a contest, saying "Here, my jester is a Rabbi." If I changed the title to "Rabbi Jester," would that offend you less?

OK, title and all mention of "Fool" changed to "Jester." I hope that helps.

Edited by Clone O'Patra

You know, I really hoped no one would look at it this way. I myself am an Orthodox Jew, and I consider this just funny. Well, I built it. This is in no way offensive to me at all, and I hoped no one else would take offense. I am not trying to say that Rabbis are fools, they're not! I'm just entering a contest, saying "Here, my jester is a Rabbi." If I changed the title to "Rabbi Jester," would that offend you less?

OK, title and all mention of "Fool" changed to "Jester." I hope that helps.

I thought your MOC was very good. If not exactly as CrAzY as others. (TBH, Drugs and poop in public are certainly not crazy or funny, but hey, different strocks etc)

Oh, and if dipiction of a lego Rabbi is offensive, so is the fool seeking his creator... (a great MOC btw)

Not trying to flame but society seems to be spiraling into stagnation to avoid or pre-empt offence and things that could from any angle be construed as offensive. (*steps off soapbox*)

Edited by Peppermint_M

You'd have to be CRAZY to think that I wouldn't enter this contest, and so I have!

Tired of jesting, the Jester puts on a suit [going out in public, needs to look good], calls up some homies, and goes for a round of hoboing! The Chief brought his steel drums, Lightning Mc[drag]Queen brought his/her energy and spirit, and the Man from Lots of Themes brought his love of money!

3418723851_fb65976d5f_o.jpg

The Crazy Cast and Crew - see for a contest-within-the-contest!

edit-forgot to actually include the images :blush:

Edited by hewkii9

I thought your MOC was very good. If not exactly as CrAzY as others. (TBH, Drugs and poop in public are certainly not crazy or funny, but hey, different strocks etc)

Oh, and if dipiction of a lego Rabbi is offensive, so is the fool seeking his creator... (a great MOC btw)

Not trying to flame but society seems to be spiraling into stagnation to avoid or pre-empt offence and things that could from any angle be construed as offensive. (*steps off soapbox*)

Soapbox speech was much appreciated. I have my two cents too. People are far too thin-skinned these days. It used to be question of honour to not get offended (or violent), despite the challenge - and all in good sport (it was even a game between two challengers to counter the insult of one with a better insult, the loser was the one who lost his temper!). It's a good exercise in patience and forbearance to let something wash over you rather than take offense.

I actually would have only found the fool seeking his creator offensive if he'd actually been able to reach him... but if I were to point out everything I found offensive, I'd never be done.

I like the Jester Rabbi, but I have say it is quite CRAZY. I have trouble imagining a jester being a rabbi... or a rabbi being a jester. It gives a good measure of absurdity. Not quite as much as the Jester dreams... :pir-laugh:

hewkii9, that is truly bizarre. All the characters are very CRAZY! Where does a fool find such homies?

I wish I had fool to enter into this competition. :cry_sad:

O' patra- Your moc was in no way offensive to me and I am very religious. It actually was very accurate for a shul, are you Jewish? Good idea!

I wish I had fool to enter into this competition. :cry_sad:

I didn't have a fool! And I still entered. I just thought up some crazy way to never actually show I didn't have one. Just use whatever you can. The more the merrier. GO CRAZY! :tongue:

hewkii9, that is truly bizarre. All the characters are very CRAZY! Where does a fool find such homies?

Well he met the Chief while getting his Viper fixed, Lightning Mc[drag]Queen he met near the supermarket, and the Man from Lots of Themes just popped up and started ranting about how Bionicle sucks [no minifigs :look: ] one day out of the blue.

LOL you have the same face as my jester! :laugh:

Yep! That's the closest thing I had to the official jester.

Well yes, I hope my fool who climbs a ladder to search God is not offensive... it certainly is crazy to climb a ladder in order to actually reach God, whether you believe in him or not!

Of course my God and angels are depictions of cliché images we all know, and they are definitely not intended to offend anyone (but well, if people take offence anyway I'm sorry... but you'll just have to look away I'm afraid!), and actually nobody thus far (including some christians) has taken offence.

It was very funny (and rather Dali surreal. :thumbup: )

on a side note: I have the fool myself but I was using his head on a different figure so I used the Alpha Team character with the incredibly huge mouth :tongue: I'm not sure if you can see the radio headset in the picture or not....

He shoots innocent people...as a hunter!

lego_005.jpg

lego_008.jpg

That CRAZY beast!

Edited by Natman8000

the Man from Lots of Themes just popped up and started ranting about how Bionicle sucks [no minifigs :look: ] one day out of the blue.
:laugh:

Win. XD