Sign in to follow this  
LegoJoe

Beef - Its' not what's for dinner!

Nice job. You really have some great details! I only wish there was a little more room for them all, the scene seems just a little too cluttered for me. But really this a great entry! Good luck!

Hihi I really like that bird pooring itself a beer !

And how did you manage to put a horse into a barrel ? Is the head could be removed from the body ?

By the way, your entry is full of mess and I like it !

Another kitchen! The cooks among us have been busy. :pir-tongue:

What I like:As you mentioned, the details! There are loads of them. Great job on putting so many details in a small area.

I especially like the bird enjoying beer, it is his last one I believe. :pir_laugh2:

The floor is also nicely done, I really like the way it's done.

The food! What is a kitchen without a foodstorage? Did I spot a horse too? :pir-sick:

What could be improved:

The colour of the wall is a little too modern for me. I don't think it fits in a ship, brown or tan would be better.

The cannonball looks fine to me, but it would be even more cool if you could add more mess. It looks like the hole was there already before the cannonball came through it.

Try to change the white fences used for the windows in black, it blends in with the background now and it is difficult to see the nice technique you used.

Good luck to you as well!

That's a very entertaining entry Legojoe! :pir_laugh2:

I'm always fond of kitchen scenes, and this one is no exception. The beer-drinking bird is hilarious and the cannon smashing through the window is a lovely detail. The lifted up floorboards add to the look as well.

You did a good job with the colors also, it reminds me of the Market Village set.

Improvement Suggestions:

1) I feel that your entry is a bit cramped. Perhaps if you were to make it slightly bigger you could even add some more details and such.

2) Like Blackmoor said, the white window panes blend in quite a bit. Pearl gold, brown or black would be better suited for the job.

=================================================

Besides those things, your entry really is great. Lots of funny details, some great building designs and a great idea. Very good work, and best of luck to you!

:monkey:

A very nice but busy entry.

WHAT I LIKE

1.The fish on the wall is awesomely great.

2.The pirate after the bird who is drinking the booze :pir-laugh:

3.The cannon ball smashing through the wall.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS

1.Like what some of the other guys said" The color scheme is not great" I would recommend changing it.

Good Job and Good Luck :thumbup:

You just entered in the last hour of the contest, just in the nick of time :pir-wink:

Possible improvement points:

1. I'm not too fond of how the window connects to the wall, it doesn't really fit in. Maybe a regular window would have worked better.

Good points:

1. It has got a lot of action going on, including your everyday drunken bird :pir-tongue:

2. I like the planking on the floor, nice "worn-out" floor.

LOoks good and funny.

COngrats with your entry and I wish you much luck in the voting process.

I don't know if this still counts for the creative critic but:

Liked:

This is a great MOC!

Lots of great detail.

The SNOT floor with tiles works really well. Also the barrel with the tap is excellent.

Dislike:

What is there to dislike?

And how did you manage to put a horse into a barrel ? Is the head could be removed from the body ?

First, thanks for all the comments, everyone! What I found out with horses is that if you pull gently at the legs of the horse for about 2 minutes, it will slide apart allowing you to take out the head.

I'll just bump this to say what a great vig I think it is.

The floor is fantastic, as are all the kitchen-ey details, but it's the subtle cannonball coming through the window that stands out for me :pir-laugh: