Sign in to follow this  
Ole&Godt's

Ultimate Mechanized AT-RT Patrol Walker

indexed.gif

We've also engineered the ultimate Mechanized Kashyyyk AT-RT Patrol Walker!

* Realistic design; stands at 10 inches tall; motorized!; 'Walks' at a pace of 2-3 inches per minute - not so 'swiftly', but stable and doesn't fall over as she walks. Can turn left and right. Requires 9V power supply - 9V train regulator or simple reversing battery pack.

* Features cockpit seating one (Technic; large figure) clone, rotating 'head' (+/- 20 degrees)!

* Hunt down surviving Wookiees on Kashyyyk.

EP3CloneScoutWalkerRight.jpg

EP3CloneScoutWalkerFront.jpg

EP3CloneScoutWalkerLeft.jpg

EP3CloneScoutWalkerOverhead.jpg

EP3CloneScoutWalkerReverse.jpg

Final version with antenna added:

EP3CloneScoutWalkerFinal.jpg

See her on patrol here:

Play well!

Ole&Godt's

Edited by KimT

Is this the AT-RT or the scout walker? Because the scout walker was also made in a set. You need to read the rules more carefully.

Is this the AT-RT or the scout walker? Because the scout walker was also made in a set. You need to read the rules more carefully.

Your right. I'm sorry to say it but this one may be disqualified too. :sadnew:

Your right. I'm sorry to say it but this one may be disqualified too. :sadnew:

Its a shame really. These are really nice! Its a bit ironic. My teacher today was telling us how 32 out of 33 students in a class flunked the final because they didnt read the directions :sad:

EDIT: Thank god not my class!

Edited by Natman8000

Its a shame really. These are really nice! Its a bit ironic. My teacher today was telling us how 32 out of 33 students in a class flunked the final because they didnt read the directions :sad:

Oh, that sucks. Was it a twenty question quiz in which question one is "Read all the questions." and question twenty is "Do not do answer questions 2-19?"

:tongue:

Back on topic, we'll have to wait till KimT is on to get the final word on this, though it's doubtful it will be allowed. The real shame is that you posted both your entries with little time to spare in the contest, so you might not have time to make a new one. :cry_sad:

EDIT: Ole&Godts, you beat me, you should ask a mod to change the title. If this is an AT-RT it will be allowed, as we've already got one in this contest.

DOUBLE EDIT: Natman you beat me too! On the subject of whether this was originally intended as an AT-RT thats kind of a hard one to call. Once again, KimT will let you know.

It's an At-Rt...

We should have picked a more specific title? Should we repost it using the specific name?

Dont repost it, ask an admin to change it. Did you originally intend for it to be a AT-RT? Because if you didnt, that is a bit unfair.

it looks good with the green :thumbup: i like the "clone" :tongue: but its as slow as.... slow things :grin:

AT-RT.jpg

We've improved the engineering since we posted the original video. Actually, the track was required in our prototype. She's a free-standing walker today. Moves slow still, to be sure, but faster than you see in the video at about a clip of 3 inches per minute. But to tell you the truth, if you pushed the regulator up to maximum, she would move faster but would tend to fall over. The footprint on these walkers is quite small. Using the Technic feet that Lego designed to be used as feet in static models (just see how well the 8000-8012 models balance when they're not moving!) instead of 6x10 platforms that just about every other 'walking' model ever created uses is quite a limitation...

Play well,

Ole&Godt's

Actually, the Clone Scout Walker is the AT-RT. Lego just called it that instead. See the resemblance between the clone scout walker and at-rt? Kind of like how Lego made the Clone Turbo Tank, and called it that, when it's real name is a Juggernaut. Lego just names their products differently. I don't mean to disqualify anyone, but the final decision is up to the administrators. Sorry, but next time read the rules more carefully. :sadnew: Great MOCs anyways. It looks like you put alot of time into them.

Actually, the Clone Scout Walker is the AT-RT. Lego just called it that instead. See the resemblance between the clone scout walker and at-rt? Kind of like how Lego made the Clone Turbo Tank, and called it that, when it's real name is a Juggernaut. Lego just names their products differently. I don't mean to disqualify anyone, but the final decision is up to the administrators. Sorry, but next time read the rules more carefully. :sadnew: Great MOCs anyways. It looks like you put alot of time into them.

Since TLC did not actually call there set an AT-RT, it's fair game. Look here to see that someone else submitted this very vehicle for this contest, and KimT had no problem with it.

Since TLC did not actually call there set an AT-RT, it's fair game. Look here to see that someone else submitted this very vehicle for this contest, and KimT had no problem with it.

Still, (I'm not sure how to quote the rules here) but the rules say to build a land based vehicle that TLC has never produced, and they did produce the clone scout walker/at-rt. There was some controversy of the other at-rt, but if KimT has no problem with it, neither do I. As long as TLC did not name it the same thing, I guess it's fine. Good idea for the contest, It's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles. :thumbup: Good luck in the contest. I just ended the conflict. There, anyone have a problem with that!?! No more fighting! :angry::tongue:

Still, (I'm not sure how to quote the rules here) but the rules say to build a land based vehicle that TLC has never produced, and they did produce the clone scout walker/at-rt. There was some controversy of the other at-rt, but if KimT has no problem with it, neither do I. As long as TLC did not name it the same thing, I guess it's fine. Good idea for the contest, It's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles. :thumbup: Good luck in the contest. I just ended the conflict. There, anyone have a problem with that!?! No more fighting! :angry::tongue:

Sorry bud, but it aint over until KimT passes his judgment. How many parts does it have?

Are you sure? We could start fighting about something else?

Sorry bud, but it aint over until KimT passes his judgment.

He said he would let the other walker slide, but we should still call him in to confirm this one. Next contest, lets not have an ordeal like this happen again.

He said he would let the other walker slide, but we should still call him in to confirm this one. Next contest, lets not have an ordeal like this happen again.

Well, there always is some little loophole or problem. Well, I'm sure the next contest is for sure different so we will have to find out.

Are you sure? We could start fighting about something else?

Wow, we made such a ruckus, they enabled flood control on this topic. Oops. :grin::blush: We could go to the topic about the fleshies versus yellows. Anyone? :laugh:

Wow, we made such a ruckus, they enabled flood control on this topic. Oops. :grin::blush: We could go to the topic about the fleshies versus yellows. Anyone? :laugh:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's always on. You cannot reply to something unless you wait for 30 seconds after the last post. :wink:

Well, there always is some little loophole or problem. Well, I'm sure the next contest is for sure different so we will have to find out.

Ya know what, you're right! It's things like this that make contests really exciting. That and the great entries. :sweet: End of discussion.

Edited by Spyder

Updated version, with whip antenna added...

EP3CloneScoutWalkerFinal.jpg

The Technic figure associated with the entry is also a work in progress. We will create a scout trooper helmet from the regular helmet shown before pouring the tauntaun beasts for our Hoth AT-ST group and pour the helmet at the same time, then strip the design from the Technic figure, design the uniform, and paint.

Comes in at `180 elements...

Play well,

Ole&Godt's

The Technic figure associated with the entry is also a work in progress. We will create a scout trooper helmet from the regular helmet shown before pouring the tauntaun beasts for our Hoth AT-ST group and pour the helmet at the same time, then strip the design from the Technic figure, design the uniform, and paint.

You know you can just post the image in the first post if you want to. Also, the contest ends on April 2, so you haven't got much time if you're planning to make a new figure. Good luck!

Meh, I like the concept and idea, even if it's not allowed.

Unfortunatly I think this MC needs a lot of work, mainly in the main body. The large round pieces coming out of the sides of it's legs look too much like an AT-ST. And honestly, I'm going to be truthful, an scout walker just doesn't need to be motorized. Sure, it's creative and you(two people?) seem to have a talent in that way, but you did it with the AT-ST. This is a bit of a copy, and it's slightly boring. A scout walker is meant to be small and detailed, and not large and sloppy. Quality is always over quantity when it comes to lego.

I am, however, curious as to your "puring" of a new driver.

Welcome to EB, BTW, make yourself a welcome topic and tell us about yourself(s)!

You know you can just post the image in the first post if you want to. Also, the contest ends on April 2, so you haven't got much time if you're planning to make a new figure. Good luck!

Well, the figure isn't really part of the vehicle. We just wished to state our intention. In a way, it's just to provide a little insight and encourage everyone to enter the realm of creating and pouring their own parts. We got our feet wet when we really, really wanted to create the fishmates for a Pirates of the Caribbean 'Flying Dutchman' MOC...

Play well,

Ole&Godt's

Arw nuts... :cry_sad:

I feared something like this might happen.

The way I see it the issue at hand is: are all walkers the same?

Wether this is a Clone Scout Walker, an AT-RT or something with a different name, it still comes down to the same thing.

It's a walker and it's kinda hard doing a walker without it looking like all the other walkers around.

Since this one is waaaaay off the design used (made) by TLG [being technic and power functions], I am seriously considering to let it pass, which is also the same for the other entry (the AT-ST).

It's all about the name chosen for the entry, isn't it?

This is my proposal:

I'll let this and the other MOC enter the contest, unless a lot of members disagree and think that this would be breaking the rules. If you disagree, then send me a pm, do not turn this topic (or the other) turn into a flame war on what's allowed and what's not allowed.

Ole&Godt's will have to make up different names for both MOCs and pm those to me and I'll change the entry titles.

This post will be posted in the AT-ST topic as well.

Let's keep this contest at being fun and showing off your MOC'ing skills :thumbup: