On a Scale of 1 to 5  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Good
    • Outstanding

This is my first review, I finally find sometimes to get into the reviewing!

This set was release as a promotional set in 2001, at the beginning of the Lego Studios range.

This set is special for me because it's in this one I found my sigfig ! I'm rather happy to have drank Nesquik for years ago, thus I feel lucky to get this one in my hands !

Set Data:

4049: Nesquik Promotional Set: Quicky the Bunny, Director, Cameraman and Car

Year: 2001

Theme: Lego Studios

Pieces: 16 + 3 minifigs

Price: According to Bricklink 39$

Building time: 5min

More info: Bricklink and Peeron

Lego Studios: Wikipedia

Box front: it's seems that this box is only available for the french release, it put highlight on the exclusif Quicky star.

imgp8142_800x600.jpg

Box back: Showing what the box contains.

imgp8143_800x600.jpg

Box sides: a little promo for the other sets of the range

imgp8145_800x600.jpg

Box content: a bag and a letter from Nesquik

imgp8147_800x600.jpg

imgp8148_800x600.jpg

We do respond to your command of the Lego box of Quicky Star made exclusively for Nesquik by Lego.

We are pleased to offer you today.

Thank you very much for the interest you have brought to this offer and your loyalty to Nesquik. Yours sincerely, Nesquik Team.

Bag content:

imgp8149_800x600.jpg

Watch the back of the box again, and try to spot the missing part!

You can note that the yellow lever shown on the back of the box is not included. It is not shown on the bag either.

Moreover, there is not instructions book, Lego consider this set is too easy to build to put explanations? Too bad…

Minfigs: The most interesting thing is the exclusive Quicky minifig. The two others are interesting, notably for their double printed torso.

imgp8153_800x600.jpg

imgp8154_800x600.jpg

Building of the cart:

After a long, exhausting and complex build, here is the cameraman’s cart:

imgp8156_800x600.jpg

imgp8157_800x600.jpg

As you can see, the design is quite poor. It's jsut a little extra for the three minifigs of the set. I admit it's better than if the cameraman held the camera in his hands.

The complete set:

imgp8155_800x600.jpg

Review:

This set is of course interesting for its Quicky minifig because the rest of the parts are quite standard. The cart is not really very strong, the two 2x4 plates being linked thanks to the wheel. I’d like to see a chair for the director with his name, and he can shout:”Motor, Action!”. However, this set is a must have if you like Lego Studios, exclusive set or part, or if you like rabbit !! :tongue:

Minifig: 5/5

Pieces: 2/5 Just because of the camera

Playability: 3/5

Construction: 2/5 as said before, the cart is not very strong, and have a strange look.

Overall rating: 4/5

imgp8160_800x600.jpg

Sherif Quicky, Third scene, Silence… Motor… Action!

“OK, young ladies, it’s over for you, drops your guns right now” (John Wayne’s or Jack Bauer’s voices)

I want that bunny and these minifigs! ARGGG why did they released it during my dark age! anyway, great review 74louloute!! ^^

Very good review 74louloute!

I never had the chance to see this set (dark ages) and although that it not something super special, the minifigs are great!

imgp8155_800x600.jpg

Is it me, or it seems that the bunny is clearing its throat *cough cough* to make a speech in front of the camera? :tongue:

I really want, for whatever reason, to get one of those rabbit figures. I've mulled over buying it before on Bricklink and I suppose it's just a matter of time before I do. Thanks for the review of this odd set.

ARGGG why did they released it during my dark age!
I never had the chance to see this set (dark ages)

I relieve you, this set was also released during my dark age, BUT, when I saw that promotion, I couldn't pass away !!!

Nice review :thumbup:

I really love that set and I want to own one...

Especially the Bunny is great :classic:

So thanks for sharing.

'Bricks'