Jipay

Ladies, stand up !

Hm, when you registred you set your gender to male though!

Hmm... when I registered, I didn't see any gender options... I just changed it in my settings. :)

Lol, well I'm obviously a female. But it's nice to see a forum like this once and a while. There are many girls in the LEGO community but few like discussing it.

Lol, well I'm obviously a female. But it's nice to see a forum like this once and a while. There are many girls in the LEGO community but few like discussing it.

Yeah, although I feel this thread has become an 'announce yourself and receive tag' thread, rather than a place to discuss being a female-fan. The ladies lounge is a good place to start, it's not men exclusive or anything but it's mostly just us gals, and I haven't received any baiting or threats or anything - not that I've seen much on EuroBricks anyway! (It's reassuring to see old posts from 'banned' users around, and the super active moderators - shows they're actually checking up on that kinda thing!)

Hello Everyone

I was set over here being of the female gender to say hello and get my pink badge! :blush:

Why does this seem so ridiculous? :grin:

(I am not a lady by the way, if that has anything to do with it) :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Lego Spy

In the case of a male who identifies as being female, is that person eligible to to a Eurobricks Lady?

Naturally I'm asking for a friend, not myself. :grin:

In the case of a male who identifies as being female, is that person eligible to to a Eurobricks Lady?

Naturally I'm asking for a friend, not myself. :grin:

Since you brought this up, I was wondering if the Nuts & Bolts people on the site staff might be so good as to include additional options under the gender setting for those who are transgender or non-binary (such as myself).... :look:

Also, if your friend identifies as female, she's female, regardless of which sex she was assigned at birth: Attempting to say otherwise is a HUGE faux-pas when dealing with transgendered individuals, just FYI. :wink: (Of course, this assumes that you're not posting this as some kind of joke.)

Since you brought this up, I was wondering if the Nuts & Bolts people on the site staff might be so good as to include additional options under the gender setting for those who are transgender or non-binary (such as myself).... :look:

I'm not an admin, but I suspect that will be difficult. If you don't want to choose between male and female, perhaps the best option is to leave that field blank in your profile.

Also, if your friend identifies as female, she's female, regardless of which sex she was assigned at birth: Attempting to say otherwise is a HUGE faux-pas when dealing with transgendered individuals, just FYI. :wink: (Of course, this assumes that you're not posting this as some kind of joke.)

Everyone is free to be who they are on EB.

Hi. I've been here awhile and just saw this site. I'm a girl who grew up loving adventurous things vs typical doll stuff. You'll find me most in Space and Castle themes, and occasionally in Friends.

I guess I will go ahead and put a tag on my forehead telling the world I am a lady. As if you coulnd't tell! Ha Ha!

But what and where is the ladie's lounge?

But what and where is the ladie's lounge?

I'm sure you didn't look well enough.

Well I was reading the FAQ and it was pointing out that females had to come identify themselves here, so here i am (I don't feel much like i'm a "Lady" but hey)

Also i just noticed today that the forum puts any new member as "male" by default :(