Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

CIS Tri-droid (combat simulation facility )

indexed.gif

At the beginning of the Clone Wars, when Jedi Masters and Jedi Knights were assigned to command task forces composed of clones, there was concern about the need of good clone commanders who could drive the squad in the absence of the Jedi leader.

A special sperimental station was impanted on the Cloners planet of Kamino.

In this facility, the clones who got the best scores in normal training were tested. They had to fight simulated enemies alongside with their future Jedi commanders.

All along, other Jedi could supervision the training and chose among them their Clone Commanders.

This scene takes place on the day when the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine himself decided to pay a visit to the Kaminoan superior training facility, alongside with his special trained Senate Guards...

swstaffcontest_005.jpg

Here you can see the heart of this entry, the CIS Tri-droid; in the upper right corner you can see the Supreme Chancellor watching the clones at training from the control centre.

swstaffcontest_001.jpg

A better view of the Tri-droid, along with the action taking place on the training ground. On the far side of the roon there is the gallery for the Jedi and on the right the holo-projector that generates the enemy droid.

swstaffcontest_004.jpg

A detail of the droid, with its massive cannons mounted on the joint between the 'head' and the legs.

swstaffcontest_007.jpg

It would seem one of the clones lost his temper (as well has his helmet) and is ready to try to put an end to the battle with a thermal detonator.

swstaffcontest_008.jpg

Inside the control room, the Kaminoans follow the action and are ready to answer any question coming from the Supreme Chancellor. In the mainwhile, the Senate Guard, well... guards.

swstaffcontest_allchar_014.jpg

All the EB Staff + Ambasador character I could put in (sorry to the others, I just don't have the parts to make your sigfigs :blush: ). From top left to bottom right: Jipay, Sinner, SirDillon, Phred, CopMike, ImperialShadows, Hinckley and TheBrickster, Bonaparte, LuxorV, KimT, WhiteFang, and CaptainGreeHair.

Hope you like your SW versions :laugh:

Full BS gallery here (when public).

LuxorV

Very nice vehicle, and I like that you put the extra effort in to make a scene with the EB staff to go with it. :classic: In regards to the title, though, don't you mean CIS tri-droid? Or are you referencing the TV show in some way I'm not getting? :tongue:

Wait a minute, you ARE referencing to the show! Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks a lot. :tongue:

Nice job, I also wanted to use the Spider Droid body as a Tri-Droid head, and that typo's too funny!

Good job! :tongue::thumbup:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Hinckley is Ahsoka.........BAWAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is awesome, it's one of the best versions of this I've seen! :thumbup:

Thanks for pointing out the name typo :blush: And think I never even watched the show :laugh:

As for the Tri-droid design, I tried to keep it simple and in-line with what TLG gave us as Spider-droid :classic: It took me a while to complete the legs, though, after a couple of false starts.

LuxorV

Thanks for pointing out the name typo :blush: And think I never even watched the show :laugh:

As for the Tri-droid design, I tried to keep it simple and in-line with what TLG gave us as Spider-droid :classic: It took me a while to complete the legs, though, after a couple of false starts.

LuxorV

Your welcome. I figured it was a typo, as the CSI reference didn't quite make sense. :look:

Nice job, LuxorV! The scene sure looks exciting, but I am not a Star Wars expert. At the first glance, I thought this was something related to the Spider Droid. On the other hand, it does look like War of the Worlds. :tongue:

I love those Star Wars sigfig coverage, which you have done! It's very nice. :thumbup:

Great MOC of the Tri-droid! Simple, yet effective is my motto and this is it... :thumbup:

I like the setting as well, but dont forget to post the requered pictures... would be a shame to see you being disqualified because of that. :cry_sad:

I like the setting as well, but dont forget to post the requered pictures... would be a shame to see you being disqualified because of that. :cry_sad:

I hope KimT can confirm, but as long as the Staff competition Rules go I should be safe even without the 5 angles/pics :wink:

And again, with the Tri-droid, who can say which is the front, rear, left-side and right-side? :laugh:

LuxorV

Okay, so you aren't referencing to the show. :laugh: Now I'm really confused! :grin:

Still a nice MOC, I'd love it if the legs were a tad more detailed though.

Great work LuxorV.

Good luck when the voting comes around.

Thanks for adding me in this great MOC :wub:

Great work LuxorV.

Good luck when the voting comes around.

Thanks for adding me in this great MOC :wub:

Well, how could I not include the Star Wars Moderator when build a Star Wars MOC :wink:

Btw, now that I think of it, this is my first MF sized SW creation (excluding a couple of vigs) :blush:

LuxorV

As a Clone-Wars fanboy I've actually been considering giving this one a go.. and I might just steal your design! I think this works quite well and legs like that can be quite hard to do; I tried somehting similar when I was trying to make a Tripod but I was never happy with my results...

Thanks for giving me a job and some new clothes! :tongue: Your background is quite stunning! :sweet:

Thanks for the comments, Mr. Siegfried.

The legs were the most difficult part to complete. I had to take them apart and rebuild 3 or 4 times before I had a design which fitted the reference material. But I loved the challenge and I really like the result :sweet:

On the other hand, even if it took me almost 5 hours (spread on multiple days) to complete the background, and it used almost all my light and dark grey and bley parts, I'm not totally happy with it. I can't really point my finger at one detail and say 'I'd like to change this and make it this way', but I still feel something could be done better :hmpf_bad: . Well, I'll wait until next SW contest for that :laugh:

Btw, feel free to use the design :thumbup: . I like to see others using my designs (when they give due credit, that is); it means I made a good MOC :classic:

LuxorV