fallentomato

Green Couch and Lamps

indexed.gif B-V-9F

I made these for my Green commercial, they were some of the last things I'd made, after I had used up the majority of my green parts and was scraping the bottom and had a bunch of pieces I thought I'd never be able to use. This piece is one of the most obnoxious pieces ever, these are alright, but I couldn't see how they would work in furniture, and due to a mistake on a bricklink order I had about 20 of these. I also have had way too many of these in green for quite a while now. However, somehow they all came together in a quite respectable looking couch. It's the magic of lego. :wub:

The lamps use the green engine from Robin's sub. I just turned them so you can't see the square part and photoshopped away the remaintng corners. :devil:

3383523037_aa59a47a22.jpg

That isn't bad at all, I'm impressed! It looks like some sort of armoured couch for mecha to sit on without causing damage. It actually looks like it should transform into something else... Couchbot, the retro-futuristic saviour of Furniture City!

Or it could just be me. :wacko:

As for the annoying piece, I didn't even realise it existed in green, I'll have to get some of those. I thought you were going to mean the curved brick with engine holes on the side, which is also an annoyingly useless piece in quantity. I have no less than 50 in medium blue. Sometimes, I can't pass up adding piles of .01 parts to the end of Bricklink orders, it makes the parts/price ratio so much better after spending the first part of the order on $1+ individual parts. :wink:

An original and futuristic looking couch indeed, and the lamps´re nicely adequate as well. :thumbup:

Couchbot, the retro-futuristic saviour of Furniture City!

Couchbot, very good! To me it looks a little like a remote and changeable relative of Audrey Jr., the meat-hungry plant in Roger Corman´s The Little Shop of Horrors... :tongue:

Wow, that's a fantastic example of the use of pieces you wouldn't immediately connect with furniture but which actually work well to create an awesome couch

Laurie

Looks good, and I think it is one of the best couches I have ever seen so far on Eurobricks.

You are a talented builder.

I agree, that's one of the best couches I've ever seen built with Lego. Great job!

nice couch design and color.

great building technique.

i guess it is in minifig scale that make it awesome.

great work.