starstreak

REVIEW: 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT

Are you going to buy this?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy this?

• Heck yes, no matter what it costs!
    • Yes, once I save up for it.
    • Maybe. Let me see the finished review.
    • Maybe. Once it comes down in price.
    • No. Are you nuts. It's not worth it!
  2. 2. Which nose sticker should I use?

• The Wampa Snow Creature
    • The ripped off droid head
    • One type on each side

In order for it to be compatible with the AT-TE you have to move the 'handle knobs' down to the second hole down.

Anyone care to show some pictures? They do clarify things easier to those who havent got it (yet) :grin:

Wait till I'm done. I'll have multiple pictures of the finished sets and how they hook together. :classic:

Anyone care to show some pictures? They do clarify things easier to those who havent got it (yet) :grin:

Could you not look in my review for that picture? I have one showing the handle up-close.

Great review starstreak. Much better than mine. :tongue: I like the build pictures. I didn't bother taking them.

Could you not look in my review for that picture? I have one showing the handle up-close.

So many reviews, I guess I missed out on that picture. I'll take a look thanks.

Hard isn't the right word. Tricky for some parts. I'll explain in the writeup. :)

Nice review! Looks complicated. Was it hard to build?

OK, I got it completed! BUT I'm missing one of those red technic rods that is like 2 studs long. It holds the front thruster on. :(

I'll be posting the pics today.

You amaze me. You build so damn slow. :tongue: But give awesome pics and fine details. If it were me Id of had this built as fast as I could. Good Job. I cant wait for the finish.

Edited by CloneMe

Yay! I found the piece! Sheesh, it fell into the AT-OP that was on the floor!

You amaze me. You build so damn slow. :tongue: But give awesome pics and fine details. If it were me Id of had this built as fast as I could. Good Job. I cant wait for the finish.

I know you meant that as a joke, but if it wasn't for the photographs and being only able to build at work vs at home, I could've had it in 1 day-off. But since I know people want the pictures, I try to take better shots during the build. Not perfect, but better. :)

And before you ask, the reasons why building at home is hard, if I was to photograph, I don't have a proper light box, so I would have to use flash. Which doesn't look as well. Also have a son who is 7. He LOVES Lego. And would love to walk away with some pieces. lol

Thanks for that fine and pretty comprehensive review, starstreak. An impressive and beautiful set indeed. :thumbup:

All your pictures´re very nice, informative and interesting. I guess I´ll modify my AT-OT too... with a hairbow. Looks rather cool. No hearts, though. :sadnew:

Lol. I would need a picture of that to show to my daughter. She would love it. And thanks for the comments. My hands are sore now. :)

Thanks for that fine and pretty comprehensive review, starstreak. An impressive and beautiful set indeed. :thumbup:

All your pictures´re very nice, informative and interesting. I guess I´ll modify my AT-OT too... with a hairbow. Looks rather cool. No hearts, though. :sadnew:

Topics merged and initial post in the 2nd topic has been moved to be the 2nd post of this new topic.

Confused?

Goood :laugh:

Great review 'starstreak', I'll make sure to read this in full later.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the merge. Can you remove the WIP in the title? hehe

Topics merged and initial post in the 2nd topic has been moved to be the 2nd post of this new topic.

Confused?

Goood :laugh:

Great review 'starstreak', I'll make sure to read this in full later.

:thumbup:

Aw, now my second post got deleted. :hmpf_bad:

At least this post makes up for it! :tongue:

Sorry about that.

I had to kill it to make the merge complete :blush:

Your review is incredibly fleshed out and complete. Thanks a lot for putting time into this.

However:

You gotta love Star Wars and Lego. If not, you wouldn't even consider paying this kind of money. So it's worth it.

This is kind of a lame way to grade a LEGO set. I don't actually like Star Wars that much, so giving it a 4/5 "because it's star wars and I LUUUUUUUUUUUV STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!111 <3 <3" isn't convincing me.

Still, your review is great. I think the dropship looks pretty good, but the AT-OT is a little weak. And unfortunately the price will probably ultimately keep me away from this set.

Woah... Hehehe I have a star wars pin next to my name. :pir-wub:

It's ok, Pi is a strong little person. :)

Sorry about that.

I had to kill it to make the merge complete :blush:

I meant because of the price. @$240+ for a set that only has 1700 it's really out there. It's not a perfect set, but if you're a fan of SW it should be in your collection. That's what I meant.

Your review is incredibly fleshed out and complete. Thanks a lot for putting time into this.

However:

This is kind of a lame way to grade a LEGO set. I don't actually like Star Wars that much, so giving it a 4/5 "because it's star wars and I LUUUUUUUUUUUV STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!111 <3 <3" isn't convincing me.

Still, your review is great. I think the dropship looks pretty good, but the AT-OT is a little weak. And unfortunately the price will probably ultimately keep me away from this set.

Edited by starstreak

Woah... Hehehe I have a star wars pin next to my name. :pir-wub:

It's ok, Pi is a strong little person. :)

I'll get one eventually...once I post reviews of all of my Star Wars sets. :laugh:

EDIT: And no, I wasn't asking for a badge thingy. :grin:

Edited by ILikePi

Of all people... :hmpf_bad:

Anyways, As I stated, it will take a few days as I do this while at work (not while working, ahem). Today, Friday is actually my day off. I brought it home to see what I could do since I know many want to see it done already. :) I don't blame you. Just remember, Lego building is part of the fun. If you rush and build something you are missing part of the enjoyment of playing with Lego. Something of which I'm trying to teach my son. I figured someone will be done before me. BUT, I hope my pictures make up for it. I enjoy taking pictures. So I hope it makes up for being a bit slow in the making.

Since I'm posting the pictures as quickly as I can, again, please limit the comments on the errors as there will be some until I reach the end. :)

I finished the AT-OP today for you guys/gals. It should be up in a bit.

Great review. Your build pics are excellent. I agree with taking one's time and just enjoying the building process. I got mine yesterday, built the AT-OT last night, and the dropship today. I found it to be an enjoyable build, a bit repetitious at times, but worth it for the final product.

The connecting mechanism is pretty clever. Mine needs a little help from time to time, as the rubber band doesn't always push the connecting rod all the way home. Still, it does the job.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Is the little door on the dropship for the main cannon of the AT-TE to go into so it does not have to stick over the side and look retarded?

Could you please rephrase/elaborate this so that we know what you're talking about. You lost me when you mentioned retarded ABS plastic :wacko: .

No, I don"t belive it can. For future reference here is what he was talking about.

The gun to the side.

3397424415_777d06e07b.jpg

And below the cockpit at the back you see the fold out door.

3398225838_4b50d5713a_b.jpg

The images are from StarStreak"s review.

Stauder.