Sign in to follow this  
DJ Force

MOC: American Muscle Cars and Classics

indexed.gif V-LV-35B to V-LV-35E

I wanted to share some photos I just took of my latest MOCs.

Some of you might already have seen them in LDD form.

Here´s a new Ford Mustang:

06_mustang_04.jpg

Brickshelf Folder (when public) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=375062

Here´s an old Ford Mustang :tongue:

69_mustang_01.jpg

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=375063

Next, a 57 Chevrolet Corvette:

57_corvette_01.jpg

100% Custom Garage engine block compatible:

57_corvette_04.jpg

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=375065

And a DeLorean:

delorean_04.jpg

And Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=375064

Oh, and a beefed up Custom Garage that now allows the mechanics to work on two cars. It even has some storage space for spareparts in the back, which cannot be seen too good on these photos, sadly.

garage_01.jpg

garage_03.jpg

Thanks for watching!

EDIT CGH: please do not quote entire posts with a lot of pictures and then add one sentence, thanks![/size]

Thanks for watching!

Very smart .......look like a real car!! Good job!

Very smart .......look like a real car!! Good job!

Indeed the do. I'm not sure about the inward facing SNOT though. However all the rest is very nice. I especially like the details like the use of cheese slopes on that red car and the SNOT doors. Well done!

I think these are great. I would consider the old Ford Mustang and the DeLorean DMC-12 as my favs of these, since these really capture the look of the original cars. :thumbup:

Well done with these mate! I like the Chevy Corvette the best - I think the 6-wide proportions are just right and the colour scheme is spot-on! The removable engine is a nice touch :thumbup:

The Delorian is 7-wide is interesting - how easy/difficult was this? I've never tried 7-wide myself but I know it can be quite tricky!

I love the old corvette and the new mustang :wub: they're cool ^^ great job man !

Great cars, they're all very recognizable, I recognized each of them before reading your line which cars they were. Good job on that!

Thanks a lot for all your comments! :thumbup:

@Captain Zuloo:

You´re right. I´m not too pleased with the SNOT inwards either. But I couldn´t think of any other way to build the wing doors. If you´ve got an idea, please feel free to share it! :thumbup:

@Basiliscus:

It wasn´t that difficult to build it 7wide, actually. My sister´s a huge DeLorean fan and she said that it MUST be 7 wide. So I didn´t argue with her and just did as I was told :tongue:

I can share the LDD file when I´m back home if you like.

@CGH:

You´re perfectly right. It should be lower, sleeker. Sadly that wasn´t possible with the parts I had. Those curved slopes should be lower. 2/3 brick height should already do the trick, but I think there is no such part. And to have a minifig sit in the car the roof has to be that high.

the old mustang is the best of the three, the corvette and then the delorean. they all capture the real car's looks :thumbup: im not so sure about the yellow mustang but its good nonetheless

Edited by prateek

Thanks, Prateek.

What do you think is off with the yellow Mustang? Well, except for the height... Youßre more than welcome to give suggestions how to improve the car(s).

They all look beautiful... oh, so many car doors... I´m so excited... :blush:

The garage looks very nice too. I guess my favorites´re the smart DeLorean, that beefy Ford Mustang (new) and that cool Chevrolet Corvette. :thumbup:

Thanks, Prateek.

What do you think is off with the yellow Mustang? Well, except for the height... Youßre more than welcome to give suggestions how to improve the car(s).

i think the hood is too 3D and there should be a bulge only in the middle, whereas on yours, the bulge is at the whole rear of the hood. it should be flat except for a bulge in the middle of the hood (if that made sense) :grin: and the hood shouldn't be overhanging the lights

here's a pic for reference

104419.2004.Ford.Mustang.jpg

Oh, an i like your trailer for the custom garage :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Thanks! I got a new BL order yesterday and was able to finally complete the trailer. I´ll post new pics of it soon.

As for the Mustang... I don´t know the word "bulge". So sadly that sentence doesn´t make any sense to me :tongue:

I assume you are talking about the airscoop I put on the hood?

I used this pic as a reference:

2007_Ford_Mustang_U69_by_UK_Garage_Italian_Tuned_Mustang_A_full.jpeg

(might be a little bit big...)

As you can see, the hood is overlapping the lights in there, too. With the parts I had, this was as best as I could get it.

I might try the hood again if I can get my hands on another of those pieces I used for the roof. However, I still haven´t found a way to extend that piece. For a hood it isn´t long enouh. Furthermore, the minifigs wouldn´t fit inside any more, thanks to TLG´s lack of sporty looking windscreens in appropriate heigts.

BTW: Your pic isn´t showing up for me... :sadnew:

Oh, and I updated the 1967 Mustang with a new hoodpiece and new air intake. Looking even better now. I´ll post pics soon!

Edited by DJ Force

Thanks! I got a new BL order yesterday and was able to finally complete the trailer. I´ll post new pics of it soon.

As for the Mustang... I don´t know the word "bulge". So sadly that sentence doesn´t make any sense to me :tongue:

I assume you are talking about the airscoop I put on the hood?

I used this pic as a reference:

(might be a little bit big...)

As you can see, the hood is overlapping the lights in there, too. With the parts I had, this was as best as I could get it.

I might try the hood again if I can get my hands on another of those pieces I used for the roof. However, I still haven´t found a way to extend that piece. For a hood it isn´t long enouh. Furthermore, the minifigs wouldn´t fit inside any more, thanks to TLG´s lack of sporty looking windscreens in appropriate heigts.

BTW: Your pic isn´t showing up for me... :sadnew:

Oh, and I updated the 1967 Mustang with a new hoodpiece and new air intake. Looking even better now. I´ll post pics soon!

OOOHHHH!!! that mustang! i thought you meant the 2004 one because it looked more like that. :grin: for this mustang, you could make it wider then it'll be good. and for the grill, you could put 1x1 black cheese slopes pointing up like this:lddscreenshot56.png

Edited by prateek

I think the thing your mustang needs is sme larger tires. That's sure to beehelp it out.

Great work. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, you´re talking my language there, VBBN! The bigger the tires, the better.

Unfortunatly, there aren´t any larger tires available that would still fit the rim. If I go for the next larger tires, they won´t fit anymore... :hmpf_bad:

@Prateek: Thanks for the idea. I´ll definetly try that out, as I´m not too pleased with the front either. Now I just have to browse my bricks if I have enough black cheese slopes...