Sign in to follow this  
Ratshot

My CC entry

Hi there, first I would like to apologize about the crapy quality of the images.

This entry is called "The Lt's Mercy" It shows Lt. de Martient showing mercy on three pirates that he found drunk in a battle cabin on one of the ships he was raiding [note a battle cabin is a cabin on a ship that has been modified to fire cannons plus accommodate a small number of pirates/crew. At one exception, he and the soldiers decide to take a little booty home with them.

img_7454.jpg

Note the pirate on the floor who is disposing of some extra fluids his body cannot handle :pir-sick:

img_7455.jpg

The mouse on the floor is taking advantage of the the pirate with the drum stick...by eating it.

I will add another picture later, right know I have to go eat supper.

Edited by Broadside

Hi broadside, we can't see your entry,sadly you missed your Deeplinks ^^ and you didn't put the right "description" to be an entry , you now have to ask an admin to modify it!

anyway, try to fix your link so we will be able to see your entry! ^^ ( tutorial here : http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18451 if you forgot! ^^ )

Hi broadside, we can't see your entry,sadly you missed your Deeplinks ^^ and you didn't put the right "description" to be an entry , you now have to ask an admin to modify it!

anyway, try to fix your link so we will be able to see your entry! ^^ ( tutorial here : http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18451 if you forgot! ^^ )

Thanks for the link Guss, but that is the one I used. I guess I will have to keep frigging with it intill It is fixed. And I will deal with the description tomorrow. By the way, what is wrong with the description?

Thanks Broadside.

Edited by Broadside

you surely did something wrong , you must keep clicking until you see ONLY the picture on your screen, when it's done, the "adress" of the picture end with a : .jpg , that will be the good one^^

I think ( but I may be wrong ) that you must put this exact sentence :

"ENTRY: Captains Cabin Contest" in the description name under the title (as for the others entries ) ,

Edited by Guss

I just checked the Rules and didn't see any such thing.

I will fix everything in the morning.

Thanks for the help fellars.

Broadside.

Edited by Broadside

This is the section of the rules on description.

Important: Each entry will be posted in its own thread, like you would with a normal MOC. All entry threads are to be created in the LEGO Pirates MOCs Forum. The thread title should be the title of the ENTRY. The description of the entry thread should be "Captain's Cabin Contest".

I look forward to seeing your entry!

This is the section of the rules on description.

I look forward to seeing your entry!

I guess I didn't look hard enough :pir-blush:

CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE FIX THE TITLE OF MY ENTRY THANKS

First I would like to apologize for the crapy images. My camera is of very poor quality

I suggest you take the pictures outside in daylight. That will give you the best possible pictures without an expensive setup. As background you can use some white sheets. Without good pictures your chance for a prize will be small, so I suggest you try to make some good ones.

CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE FIX THE TITLE OF MY ENTRY THANKS

What should the title be?

What should the title be?

The top part is fine but I would like it if you could change the description thread to"Captains cabin Contest"

Thanks

Broadside, I would recommend giving your entry some sort of name, to stir up more interest. CC entry doesn't really excite the eye much.

Of course, it's your choice. :pir-classic:

Don't forget that Brickshelf was off-line yesterday... al folders and pictures give the same quote: This file is not yet public.

Don't forget that Brickshelf was off-line yesterday... all folders and pictures give the same quote: This file is not yet public.

Would this be the reason why my photos wern't showing?

Brickshelf is back !!!

There is also an alternative… Flickr.com or Moc-pages. I prefer Flickr because you could add notes (on the picture and under the picture). My own observation is that I see more and more builders going to Flickr or moc-pages.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Uploading to Mocpages goes a lot faster then Brickshelf. I also like MOCpages's layout more and the feature to comment on creations.

I strongly recommend MOCpages! Brickshelf is handy too of course. I don't know what to think about Flickr cus I'm not there (yet).

Deeplinking can be hard, but once you understand it you'll never make a mistake again. :pir-blush:

IT WORKED!!!, IT WORKED!!!! :pir_laugh2::grin::classic::pir-grin: Within the next hour I will keep editing the post.

Edited by Broadside

cool ^^ don't forget that the pictures mustn't be bigger than 800x600 ^^ I'll edit this post to give a feedback to your entry^^ ( to avoid flood )

EDIT : here it is^^

I like your entry, the crossed sword with the map is nice, and there is a lot of thing in a little space! but I wonder , you said :

The mouse on the floor is taking advantage of the the pirate with the drum stick...by eating it.

a drum stick.. isn't it the thing with what you play drums ? isn't it some chicken ? or maybe "drum stick" is also used for chicken.. I don't know :blush:

Edited by Guss

Make sure you re-size them first. Preferably to 800 x 600. :pir-classic:

If they're larger than 800 x 600 you will be DQ'ed, so make sure to get that in order.

How do you do that?

Never mind I found a tutorial.

Edited by Broadside

Do these seem any better? I resized these images by quite a bit,

Good enough for me to offer some feedback!

What I like:

The story and the idea from the battle cabin. I've seen it in Master and Commander and before that I didn't even know it existed.

The tiled floor looks great in here.

The minifigs inside drinking/wasting their drinks and the Imperial soldiers running with the treasure.

All the decorations in the cabin look great too, the map with crossed swords for example.

What could be improved:

Try to tile the walls of the cabin too, if you have enough.

Perhaps adding a border or something around the skeleton decoration. It looks a bit pale now.

Some more windows would be nice, since it is a captain´s cabin.

Good job with the deeplinking and resizing! You could have them up to 800 x 600, but this size is fine as well.

Your entry looks pretty nice! :pir-classic: There are some nice details like the crossed swords over the map and the sinister-looking skull and crossbones on the wall( good idea there). Good job tiling the floor, it makes your entry a lot smoother. The plume acting as liquid spilling out looks excellent as well.

Non-MOC related improvement suggestions:

1) Firstly, I would recommend writing a little backstory, so that viewers know what's going on in your entry. Just something short would be fine, as long as it explains the basic concept.

2) For your pictures, taking them against a white background (some large pieces of white paper or posterboard work great) and using the macro feature on your camera if you have it should make your pictures much sharper and brighter.

MOC-related improvement suggestions:

1) The pirates don't really look like they care too much that the soldiers are stealing their loot. Perhaps using some angry, concerned faces would work better. The Power Miners sets have some good ones.

2) You could possibly make your entry a bit larger, so there's more room for design elements and details, but that's up to you.

3) A torch or lantern might look nice on one of the walls. You could use a design like in the pirate sets, a trans-yellow round 1 x 1 brick inside a black palm tree holder, with a dish on top.

=====================================================

That's about it for now. You have a nice start on this, and with some better pictures and perhaps a little change here and there, it'll turn out great!

Good luck for the contest! :monkey:

EDIT: It looks like you've added a story now, so don't pay attention to suggestion number 1. :pir-grin: