7141 Naboo Fighter

Name: Naboo Fighter

Theme: Star Wars Episode I

Set Number: 7141

Pieces: 174

Year released: 1999

Minifigures: 4

Price: Can't remember, but $20.00 according to Peeron

I liked this fighter when I first got it (one of the first Star Wars sets that I got), but I recently bought #7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid. I like that one far better and is more accurate.

Anyway, here's the review.

First up is the instruction manual.

IMG_6281.jpg

Back.

IMG_6282.jpg

Minifig pages.

IMG_6283.jpg

A random page.

IMG_6284.jpg

The minifigs. R2-D2, Anakin Skywalker and two Battle Droids with very ugly blasters!

IMG_6249.jpg

The Battle Droids. I believe this is the only set where the blasters have these huge orange cones on them.

IMG_6250.jpg

Anakin with his helmet on.

IMG_6251.jpgIMG_6252.jpg

Anakin without the helmet.

IMG_6253.jpg

R2.

IMG_6255.jpg

I don't really know what this thing is for. I guess you can put the Naboo Fighter on it and roll it around. Bit useless in my opinion.

IMG_6257.jpg

It can also open up.

IMG_6258.jpg

Some nice printed pieces.

IMG_6259.jpg

Then we have the Naboo Fighter. It's pretty blocky but it's easily recognizable as a Naboo Fighter.

IMG_6260.jpg

The cockpit with some wonderful printed pieces on the side that are only available in this set. Set #7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid uses stickers for this :hmpf_bad:

IMG_6261.jpg

Without the glass.

IMG_6263.jpg

A printed fish design.

IMG_6262.jpg

R2-D2 is on board.

IMG_6264.jpg

Anakin also on board.

IMG_6266.jpg

Close-up of the front guns.

IMG_6267.jpg

The bottom.

IMG_6270.jpg

A torpedo.

IMG_6271.jpg

One of the engines.

IMG_6272.jpg

They are connected by two pins.

IMG_6273.jpg

Ready for take-off!

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6276.jpg

The complete set.

IMG_6275.jpg

Comparison photo with set #7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid.

IMG_6279.jpg

Left - Anakin from #7141 Naboo Fighter. Right - Anakin from #7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid. The right one is obviously a lot better.

IMG_6280.jpg

Price: 8/10 - Pretty good for the amount of pieces and minifigs.

Parts: 8/10 - Lots of yellow and some nice exclusive/rare printed pieces.

Playability: 9/10 - I used to fly around with this fighter a lot!

Minifigs: 8/10 - This was one of the first sets to get Anakin, R2 and Battle Droids.

Final: 8/10 - Nice minifigures. The ship itself is a bit blocky, but still looks pretty good. What's the little thing on wheels for?

Edited by Mischa07

Nice in depth review as usual. I noticed in the reviewer's academy thread that you joined, but you still posted this review here. Did you not want this review to be one of your ones for the reviewer's academy? If you did not know, you have to post at least your first three reviewer's academy reviews in the reviewer's academy forum, to be critiqued by the teachers.

this set is good for its time eventhought the new one is better. i like the printed pieces and this set gets retro points so 8/10

AWESOME work u have done!

That' s why people love classic SW set...... GIVE ME BACK THOSE PRINTED PARTS , TLC.

Nice in depth review as usual. I noticed in the reviewer's academy thread that you joined, but you still posted this review here. Did you not want this review to be one of your ones for the reviewer's academy? If you did not know, you have to post at least your first three reviewer's academy reviews in the reviewer's academy forum, to be critiqued by the teachers.

Yeah, I kinda changed my mind about it. I don't want to go through this whole Academy thing. I just like posting reviews in my own way and having a bit of fun while doing it.

Thanks for another great review of an old set! :classic:

I didn't know that the 2007 Naboo Fighter was that much larger than this one. Thanks for the comparison. :thumbup:

Were those printed pieces in the stand in almost every old SW set? :look: If so, you must have a lot of them (by a lot I mean more than 10)! :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for another great review of an old set! :classic:

I didn't know that the 2007 Naboo Fighter was that much larger than this one. Thanks for the comparison. :thumbup:

Were those printed pieces in the stand in almost every old SW set? :look: If so, you must have a lot of them (by a lot I mean more than 10)! :tongue:

You're welcome :classic: You mean the printed pieces in that thing on wheels? Yeah, I do have a lot of them! These are the sets that have that piece in them: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2431px2

I have every one of those sets, so I guess I have 19 of those pieces! :tongue:

Another great review to add to the index :thumbup:

I thought the Naboo Fighter looked weird when I first saw it when I was browsing on Amazon.

But now I think its a Good set.

Good things: Printed pieces!

Bad things: The things next to the engine look too short, also whats with the green light thing?

This is my favorite EpI set.

I've always liked the Naboo Fighter and even if the new version or the UCS are better, then this is still a fine set with a good design and printed parts instead of the stickery hell sometimes (always) pushed on us.

The little thing on wheels is a Trade Federation shipboard utility vehicle. One of them was near where Anakin's fighter skidded to a halt, and the 1999 TPM sets liked to include little things like that for scenery.