Sign in to follow this  
Righteous Squid

The BatBoat vs Killer Croc

The professor woke up happy.

kcroc1.jpg

A good friend had allowed him to borrow his yacht for the week.

kcroc2.jpg

kcroc8.jpg

kcroc9.jpg

kcroc10.jpg

He made himself some breakfast:

kcroc3.jpg

kcroc4.jpg

kcroc5.jpg

Watched a little TV:

kcroc6.jpg

And thought for a moment about ordering Pizza:

kcroc11.jpg

But no, he had something else to do first…

kcroc12.jpg

…in the privacy of his cabin he tried on his brand new wig.

kcroc13.jpg

Suddenly the cabin darkened as strange reptilian man appeared at the hatch:

kcroc14.jpg

As the professor fainted the crocodile man took a case from the cupboard and left:

kcroc15.jpg

kcroc16.jpg

kcroc17.jpg

kcroc20.jpg

…Killer Croc was, however, being followed…

kcroc21.jpg

kcroc24.jpg

kcroc25.jpg

kcroc26.jpg

kcroc27.jpg

kcroc28.jpg

As he came to the swamplands Killer Croc switched from his speedboat to the swampboat he had stashed.

kcroc29.jpg

kcroc30.jpg

kcroc33.jpg

But he wasn’t going to get away so easily; Batman had a few tricks up his own sleeve…

kcroc34.jpg

kcroc35.jpg

kcroc36.jpg

kcroc40.jpg

kcroc41.jpg

kcroc42.jpg

Killer Croc reached his swamphut, but Batman was still on his tail…

kcroc43.jpg

kcroc44.jpg

kcroc45.jpg

Killer Croc grinned and whistled: his friends would slow the Batman down while he escaped…

kcroc49.jpg

kcroc52.jpg

But Batman wasn’t deterred by the raging reptiles…

kcroc50.jpg

kcroc51.jpg

kcroc53.jpg

But was he too late as Killer roared away in his pick-up?

kcroc54.jpg

kcroc55.jpg

kcroc56.jpg

kcroc57.jpg

Batman reaches into his never-ending bag of tricks and pulls out a ‘buzz-bat-a-rang’…

kcroc58.jpg

Cutting off Killer’s escape…

kcroc59.jpg

kcroc61.jpg

Sadly, noone was there to save the professor more heartache…

kcroc62.jpg

Enjoy , and feel free to comment… :sweet:

Very nice! Very nice indeed! ) :classic::thumbup:

I like the story and the plot. Though, I feel sorry for the old professor. )

Anyway, I guess Killer Crocs hideout is the best part here. ) Very suitable for the character. ) :classic::thumbup:

And, of course, the nice tree-cutting batarang idea! )

Very well done, and please do give us the pleasure of seeing more of your nice MOCs! )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Nice story you got there. I like the design of the prof. boat and killer croc's one too.

What's wrong with that prof.? Is he gay? :tongue:

But still I like the story very much. :thumbup:

Once again another stunning Batman epic Righteous Squid! You never fail to impress me! :cry_happy:

Gotta say this story was great, the poor Professor has the very worst luck, and his wig obsession is simply hilarious, I swear it's going further each time! :laugh:

I'll go by each creation:

Professor's Boat:

My, my is this a marvelous creation. I love the dark green. Never a colour I would've thought to use and yet it looks really good. The smooth and sleek shape is really nice, you've used those white pieces very well. I love the inside too, and the joker card is a neat touch from a previous confrontation. The rear looks great too with the little door. The windows are also great, you must have a lot of those. The little lounge area with the blender is cool, why does it go up a step to the table? Overall a very sleek machine!

Killer Croc's Speedboat V1:

I like this one, but again I don't think I like the use of the canopy, it just seems a bit like wasted space to me. I do love the engine design on it though.

Batboat:

Very nice machine! I like the overall shape of it, though I think the rear needs to be less blocky. The front looks great though, as do the engines and the little attached boat, it's so cute! Yes much better than the actual set miniboat. I love that Batman's got a heap of room in it too, and though I took the Batwings off the set Batboat, they lok great here.

Killer Croc's Speedboat:

Now THIS is more like it! Love this upgrade of the original, so much cooler. Interesting to see the difference between yours and mine too, as mine ended up smaller while yours is revved up! :laugh: Not much else I can say but well done!

Killer Croc's Swamp Hut:

Oh dang! I had a similar idea I was working on for Croc, and you beat me! I hope you don't mind if I go ahead and make my own swamp hut too?

Fantastic job though, you've really done the idea justice. I usually don't like "illegal" techniques like deliberately leaving gaps between the plates and bricks, but I must admit it really works here. The swarm of crocodiles is really cool too, makes me wish I bought that Agents Swamp Raid set as I only have two dark crocodiles and a light one. I think my favourite part about the hut is all the foliage! I love foliage pieces so nice work with that, I also love that random frog :wub: One criticism, I wish there was some of Croc's things in the hut.

Killer Croc's Jeep:

Holy heck they just keep coming don't they? :laugh: Very neat job, I love dark green. The front is my favourite part but it all looks very good. Overall a very fine package for dear Croc!

Now I'll go comment on Scarecrow's new Fear Harvester!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Nice pick up. :wub: It looks like you used mosty River chase and jungle cutter pieces. The hut was nice too.

I like the story and the plot. Though, I feel sorry for the old professor. )

...and please do give us the pleasure of seeing more of your nice MOCs! )

Well it is always a pleasure to torture the professor for your entertainment.

I'm not sure how much more he can take though. :tongue:

What's wrong with that prof.? Is he gay? :tongue:

He's not gay, he just has an unnatural and unhealthy obsession with artificial hair replacement products

which seems to be spiralling out of control. :oh:

Still, at least he hasn't tried dabbling in facial hair to compensate :pirate:

... not yet anyway :sceptic:

I love it. All the models were fantastic.

Yummeh! Everything's nice, especially the yacht and speedboat. But no Croc spray? :tongue:

Sorry, no croc spray :cry_sad:

Professor's Boat:

My, my is this a marvelous creation. I love the dark green. Never a colour I would've thought to use and yet it looks really good. The smooth and sleek shape is really nice, you've used those white pieces very well. I love the inside too, and the joker card is a neat touch from a previous confrontation. The rear looks great too with the little door. The windows are also great, you must have a lot of those. The little lounge area with the blender is cool, why does it go up a step to the table? Overall a very sleek machine!

Thanks for the detailed comments Batbrick. They are greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I’m quite pleased with this boat as I was trying to use up the hull that had been sitting for a year doing nothing, and a box full of random white pieces. I was amazed at what I was able to build with them. I do like the little bit of dark green here except for the weird piece on the side (again trying to use up random pieces). I hope to upgrade this once I come into possession of more white slopes. Sadly dark green pieces of a suitable shape are hard to come by and I haven’t got enough of a selection.

The joker card is an invitation for a confrontation still to come – now posted.

Windows are one thing I don’t have enough of, except for the massive windshields that you see in the middle of the boat and on Killer Croc’s boat which I have to many of. Partly due to the misguided purchase of the Mobile Devastator. :cry_sad:

The step up to the dining area from the kitchen is for the purposes of play. Its difficult to put the figures into the seats lower down. As with all my MOCs this is built for my son to play with. He wanted this to be a Star Wars ship until I put in the kitchen, dining area, TV lounge and bedroom, then he loved it and had a lot of fun playing with it.

Killer Croc's Speedboat V1:

I like this one, but again I don't think I like the use of the canopy, it just seems a bit like wasted space to me. I do love the engine design on it though.

Unlike the Robin Speedboat there is a lot of space under the canopy for storing things. Killer could even sleep in there. Unlike other models where camera angle and lighting carefully chosen can show them at their best, I found that no matter how I took the pictures it seemed to take away from how sleek it looks in the brick. It does need decals (something like the official Croc Boat) or some dark green to give it a lift though. Maybe some time in the future I will experiment with doing decals.

Batboat:

Very nice machine! I like the overall shape of it, though I think the rear needs to be less blocky. The front looks great though, as do the engines and the little attached boat, it's so cute! Yes much better than the actual set miniboat. I love that Batman's got a heap of room in it too, and though I took the Batwings off the set Batboat, they lok great here.

This model was made over a year ago with a very limited selection of Lego – the official Batboat and Batwing were disassembled to build my own with just a few additional pieces. I have tried to upgrade following your comments. As with all my MOCs I will continue to adjust as I obtain alternative pieces.

Although I really didn’t like the official Batboat at first it did grow on me. I liked the miniboat idea so kept it and the engines and wings. The rest is closer to my own idea of the Batboat. I may in the future eliminate the engines and batwings altogether but this will do for now… Let me know what you think of the upgrade.

sl737114.jpg

sl737115.jpg

sl737116.jpg

sl737117.jpg

sl737118.jpg

sl737119.jpg

sl737120.jpg

sl737121.jpg

Killer Croc's Speedboat:

Now THIS is more like it! Love this upgrade of the original, so much cooler. Interesting to see the difference between yours and mine too, as mine ended up smaller while yours is revved up! :laugh: Not much else I can say but well done!

Thanks – I really liked the original so didn’t feel the need to do much with it, but I had to do something! :laugh:

Killer Croc's Swamp Hut:

Oh dang! I had a similar idea I was working on for Croc, and you beat me! I hope you don't mind if I go ahead and make my own swamp hut too?

One criticism, I wish there was some of Croc's things in the hut.

No Problem. Go ahead and make one of your own. Killer Croc needs a swamp hut (are there actually any swamps near Gotham? :sceptic: )

I had a bigger hut in mind – one on stilts with a collapsing platform and a crocodile cage trap. Sadly I didn’t have enough Brown bricks. There were more rickety planks on the roof too but I ‘borrowed’ them for the floor of Gotham City Bank and forgot to replace them for the photos.

I also had a stool and a table and lamp in the hut at one stage but it is too small for interior play and so they eventually made there way onto other things.

Killer Croc's Jeep:

Holy heck they just keep coming don't they? :laugh: Very neat job, I love dark green. The front is my favourite part but it all looks very good. Overall a very fine package for dear Croc!

Thanks. Maybe in the future I will build a sewer home for Killer.

Nice pick up. :wub: It looks like you used mosty River chase and jungle cutter pieces. The hut was nice too.

Mostly River chase pieces I think and maybe a few from the Dwarf Mine – I don’t actually own Jungle Cutter and sadly don’t own enough Dark Green.

Thanks for the reply Righteous Squid. I love the updated Batboat a lot, you've really ironed out any imperfections in it. Thanks for listening to my comments too, appreciate that.

Great to hear Killer's boat has space under the canopy, that makes me like it a lot more. Can yuo perhaps pst a pic detailing the space under there?

I'll be there to comment if you ever make a sewer home for Croc, that would be neat!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the reply Righteous Squid. I love the updated Batboat a lot, you've really ironed out any imperfections in it. Thanks for listening to my comments too, appreciate that.

I was able to iron out a small structural problem in redoing it so thanks for prompting me to do it. I still have a couple of tings I want to do to finish it of completely though.

I had to 'borrow' a lot of slopes from the Batmobile and other models to do this but at least I had taken my photos first so they can be restored when I get more.

Great to hear Killer's boat has space under the canopy, that makes me like it a lot more. Can yuo perhaps pst a pic detailing the space under there?

Will do (Check back next year, I might have posted it by then) :laugh: