fallentomato

Green: A better Color for better building

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

After a crazy weekend I have completed a new animation. Go see it at

! Here are some stills from it to show of the different sets and creations I made for it. I may be posting some of these separately with more detailed shots in the next day of so, but right now I am too exhausted to take any more pictures. :wacko:

3377081347_7d1ce9ffcd.jpg

3377081463_2a2b568b35.jpg

3377896556_1bacd417f6.jpg

3377896372_85133ddc91.jpg

3377081769_68b985610a.jpg

3377081669_fc3be9ab36.jpg

3377081107_49056de4ae.jpg

3377081039_e244114ca5.jpg

3377896886_71ba0f9512.jpg

Hope you like it! :sweet:

Edited by Rufus
indexed

Brilliant! :wub:

I love all the little scenes, and the lighting and animation are first-class. The little brick-built aliens are especially fantastic.

It works you know; now I want more green! :laugh:

I love all the little scenes, and the lighting and animation are first-class. The little brick-built aliens are especially fantastic.

Agreed! If it wasnt so late I would pull out my green drawer and start a moc :classic:

Excellent, phase one is complete. :devil: I've always wanted more pieces in green. I remember back in the 90s when green first started appearing as actual bricks (instead of just plants and baseplates. I was ecstatic, my first lego avatar was a green wizard with the green wizard hat from the XL Freestyle bucket. Now there are at least 6 different shades of green, but it's still not enough. :grin:

Agreed! If it wasnt so late I would pull out my green drawer and start a moc :classic:

It's never too late for creating! Why some of my best creations have been built entirely during hours I should have spent sleeping. :laugh:

An excellent animation, I really enjoyed it! The minutiae of the minifig movements are very well done! I particularly liked the waving space flower/plant and the flags used as tentacle/hands for the aliens.

It must have been quite a bit of work! The production quality does seem very high indeed too!

Green is a useful colour - it was great when it finally became available in greater quantities of brick. Even in early 1980s you could get green plates in particular in sets, but green brick was still a rarity despite that - even the Octan sets were a novelty for me and my siblings because of all the smaller narrow green plates they provided!

Aww, such a wonderful ad for the greatest color in the world! :wub: I just love the interloping stories...

Green is honestly my favorite color. It has such diversity to it, ranging from the vibrant neon green to the peaceful grass green to the mysterious dark green. It's basically the color of nature and life, but it also has darker meanings to it. :alien:

I approve this topic very much! :grin: And so does Yoda. :yoda:

Great scenes! :cry_happy: I already saw the second one in the City And Town Forum and I liked it very much but I must say I love the sixth one, those bio-droids are amazingly designed! Bravo! :wink:

Loved it :wub:! Good idea, well built set-ups, smooth animation and overall just

:grin:!

CopMike

Loved it :wub:! Good idea, well built set-ups, smooth animation and overall just
:grin:!

CopMike

Hahaha, I've never seen the Fifth Element. Obviously I've been missing out. :wink:

Very nice and very green! :thumbup:

The animations are made in a very proffesional way, sharp images, smooth movement, excellent work!

I love green, can't think of why though.. :grin:

Does green really need a PSA? We really need to encourage some of the less used colors (purple, for instance)

Steve

Does green really need a PSA? We really need to encourage some of the less used colors (purple, for instance)

Steve

The reason I chose Green is that this is only a small part of a ~15 minute animation I'm hoping to finish in June (just in time for Brickworld :grin: ). In that larger context there is a war between Green and Orange happening and so they have a series of political-ad style commercials. I've got a great anti-Green commercial coming and some Orange ones in the works :skull: .

Purple would be the next color I'd want to promote for sure, but I don't know that there's enough purple pieces to fill a commercial. Don't worry, I've got other plans for Purple. :wink:

That's nothing short of brilliant. :cry_happy:

Great crisp animation, good lighting and a fun idea. The best brickfilm I've ever seen. You sir, get a :thumbup: .

Great crisp animation, good lighting and a fun idea. The best brickfilm I've ever seen. You sir, get a :thumbup: .

Poor Erds... You were addicted to Yoda talk in the Academy, and now the Academy has made you addicted to :thumbup::tongue:

On topic, I wonder if this film has influenced any discussion in the favourite/ least favourite colour thread!

An interesting concept and a very fine work. The settings´re very fitting, the pacing´s excellent and the music´s brilliantly chosen.

I especially liked the part with the opening castle wall section, that three-tiered screen and the unfolding bridge. The narrating´s

very good as well. Simply a very smooth film and I´m really curious how the whole project works out! :thumbup:

This video has been re-released in it's proper context as part of my Nightly News at Nine series.

Yes it's identical, but hopefully now it serves as a world-building vignette than just a stand alone video. And if a forum moderator sees this and moves it over to the Brick Flick forum I'd be much obliged. :classic:

Now i want to make an environmental brickfilm! Great job i too love the scenes you have set up :thumbup: Keep up the good work.

Edited by MrTools

OMG, I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of your before. They are great. You have a great eye for making scenes. I havent seen the vid yet because I just saw this thread at work. You did an excellent job of having green as the primaty color but not flooding the image with all greem.

I am impressed and can't wait to watch the video.